• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

He'll never have the mobility of Dembele or sandro but he was able to compensate for the lack of it when he playing in the champions league qualification season. He needs to have a full pre season and a decent injury free run in the side. Rather sell Parker who is older and looked shot last season and Livermore who is not good enough imo. He has weaknesses but playing well he is game changing.

It's not him that compensates for it, it's whoever happens to be partnering him in midfield that has to put in a much harder shift.

With the players AVB has purchased i think it's obvious that he wants us to be built on a base of defensive stability. This is why Hudd won't be best utilised within his team.

I think him and Parker should both be moved on. Keep Livermore as 7th choice midfielder, he's young and the least likely to complain about the lack of playing time.

However it's getting a bit late to bring in reinforcements.

It's not him that compensates for it, it's whoever happens to be partnering him in midfield that has to put in a much harder shift.

With the players AVB has purchased i think it's obvious that he wants us to be built on a base of defensive stability. This is why Hudd won't be best utilised within his team.

I think him and Parker should both be moved on. Keep Livermore as 7th choice midfielder, he's young and the least likely to complain about the lack of playing time.

However it's getting a bit late to bring in reinforcements.

its never too late for Spurs. Even though we have signed 2, nearly 3 players already, i still think we will be doing some business up until the final hours of the transfer window

For a pro player his awareness of opposing players strolling past him is shocking.

This is my main issue with him, it happens again and again, even his biggest fan would be able to see it. No doubt he's got ability but does he have enough to justify the holes that'll be left in our midfield?

Another issue is that often he seems to be caught with the ball quite often, he can produce some quarterback-esque passes at times but occasionally he doesn't make the pass and gets sacked leaving our defense in all sorts of trouble as the deepest midfielder has lost possession.

This is my main issue with him, it happens again and again, even his biggest fan would be able to see it. No doubt he's got ability but does he have enough to justify the holes that'll be left in our midfield?

Another issue is that often he seems to be caught with the ball quite often, he can produce some quarterback-esque passes at times but occasionally he doesn't make the pass and gets sacked leaving our defense in all sorts of trouble as the deepest midfielder has lost possession.

that comes with having the physique of a giant. can't bend the law of physics even though you play for the mighty spurs. thudd would have done well under jol and redknapp who'd have employed screeners to give thudd time; AVB requires everyone to be scurrying about like worker bees non stop for the greater good.

It seems Jol prefers Tarrabt who he is about to sign on a season long loan. Don't think it is fitness issues with Hudd, he was fit at the end of last season, all players have injuries.

He is not old and is fully fit.

He is just not very good, so no one wants to buy him. A non creative , creative player, a player with a supposedly good shot, who never scores, a player with a great pass, who never/rarely creates chances. A great striker of the ball, who is useless at corners and free kicks.

What he is supposed to be good at, he is not , the only pass he can do with any consistency is the square one to an unmarked player. The more creative passing he tries have very high error failure, which is why he has such a shocking assists record.

We will be moving on, if he never wear the shirt again.

Last edited:
Huddlestone is one of the old class

Key player when you compared him to Jenas and the likes, now we have moved up a notch he is left behind by the quality in the side, no shame in that, just how it goes

Huddlestone is one of the old class

Key player when you compared him to Jenas and the likes, now we have moved up a notch he is left behind by the quality in the side, no shame in that, just how it goes

Thought Jenas was the better of the two. Played for England, better shot and scored more .

I was just plucking first name in my head haha

But I just think the new squad and quality leaves him way behind, unfortunately the same is said for Parker now

Yes agree, Parker was decent for us, but is looking old now. We have something like 17 midfielders on our books. Strange thing is, we still need a couple. A truly creative one and a wide player to replace Bale if he goes and hopefully as a better option than Lennon if we really want to push on.

Parker, Livermore, Rose, Falque should all go. Carroll and Townshend on loan . Free up some spaces . Keep Townsend if we don't get the wide player.

I think he is too good for Hull. Maybe Sunderland would have been better but eh he decides not me.

Would be sad to see him go.

Sunderland has a DoF and a scouting network, Hull has Steve Bruce and his agent mates.

Sunderland has a DoF and a scouting network, Hull has Steve Bruce and his agent mates.

Sunderland also have DiCanio who seems to be of the "if in doubt, run more" school of football management. Not exactly a great fit for Huddlestone.

Like DHSF I will be sad to see him go if he ends up leaving.

If he had ambition he should go to a league where that's better suited to his playing style like Spain or Italy.

A lot more clubs in England that have £5m to spend on an injury plagued midfielder than there are clubs in Spain and Italy with that kind of money to throw around I think.

Most clubs with money to spend in those leagues are so good that they will look to sign better players, the mid table teams in those leagues seem rather skint at the moment.

What's that got to do with anything? Neither method is any worse or better than the other. Bruce is very good at spotting a player.

:lol:

In this case one of them is infinitely better than the other. There's a reason Bruce gets sacked/jumps ship as often as he does. His assorted collection of footballers that the club has overpaid for doesn't deliver on the pitch in the long run.

SSN saying that Hudd has gone to Hull....

thanks for everything Hudd - goals against arsenal & Emirates Marketing Project away stick in the memory....

thanks for you contribution in ucl qualifying season...thanks for everything and good luck.

Back