• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Hudd is a unique player. I bet most would put him in the top 3 passers in the league.

The reasons i would keep him.

1>it dont look like we will get much for him

2>he has undeniably come on and changed games for us

3>in the matches he is given time he is deadly

4>in the games where the oppo park the bus and defending for us is minimal, Hudd can provide precision like no other squad member

I know he has his injuries and i think we expect too much from him. We expect him to come in and be a regular. There is not space for him.

BUT (if hudd's ok with it), if AVB recognises the scenarios above and cherry picks the right games/time for Hudd, that uniqueness can spin things our way.

I've heard if Bale goes, AVB will quit, we'll bring Hoddle back who will use Tom as a sweeper in a back five.

I heard this from a two-headed man with arms of fire and a pair of trousers made from an alloy of gold and experience, so choose not to believe it if you wish.

He is not for sale, its pretty obvious that Hudd is available ( if he can finally pass a medical).

Hudd has made some telling contributions for us I think you are underrating him. In the season he played regularly alongside Modric in a 442 did we not make champions league? He has the potential to be a very good player but as I mentioned before his injuries have made his career very stop start. It will be a shame if he is sold as he has the ability to move the ball quickly and accurately unlike the other centre midfielders.

Hudd has made some telling contributions for us I think you are underrating him. In the season he played regularly alongside Modric in a 442 did we not make champions league? He has the potential to be a very good player but as I mentioned before his injuries have made his career very stop start. It will be a shame if he is sold as he has the ability to move the ball quickly and accurately unlike the other centre midfielders.

And in the seasons since he has not looked anywhere near as good. It's perfectly fine saying he had a good year a few years back, however that's not so relevant in the now.

It's a lot like the Torres issue. He was obviously a world class striker, however he got injured and he has never shown signs of getting back to that.

And in the seasons since he has not looked anywhere near as good. It's perfectly fine saying he had a good year a few years back, however that's not so relevant in the now.

It's a lot like the Torres issue. He was obviously a world class striker, however he got injured and he has never shown signs of getting back to that.

But he has been injured for a great deal of that time which makes it difficult to judge. But last season when he came on he often changed games because he has the ability to do what the other CMs can't - move the ball quickly and accurately. I think we should keep him a very useful option for games where teams sit back and make it hard for us to break them down.

I just dont get the love for Huddlestone on here. I would like to see his passing stats, I reckon his pass completion rate is one of the lowest from our midfield players, but would be happy for the statisticians to prove me wrong. He excels in europa league games where the midfields are poorer than most prem teams we face,and he gets loads of time on the ball. But in the prem games I have seen him in he loses the ball and literally gets rings run around him by any midfielder who is slightly mobile. If he does stay he should be used only in certain games as suggested in a previous post. I just cant see him getting many starts with our current crop of midfielders and the system AVB likes to play. Best for all parties if we can sell him. Its a big if though, who is willing to take him off our hands? A luxury player who can only be used in certain games definately not one you need for a battle

See that is a myth that i keep seeing, they only actually played about half a dozen times as a partnership. Most of that season he was alongside Wilson who did all his running, covering and tracking for him. Wilson did immense that season and covered Hudd when he switched off ( which he always does) and let players run behind him.

See that is a myth that i keep seeing, they only actually played about half a dozen times as a partnership. Most of that season he was alongside Wilson who did all his running, covering and tracking for him. Wilson did immense that season and covered Hudd when he switched off ( which he always does) and let players run behind him.

Nah it's no myth. Had played 4-4-2 and we won the biggest games we needed to such as against Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

I think he can also play 4-3-3 though.

Nah it's no myth. Had played 4-4-2 and we won the biggest games we needed to such as against Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

I think he can also play 4-3-3 though.

I think i'd prefer him in a 4-3-3 if i had to pick, the other two midfielders would make up for his lack of mobility, whilst in a two man midfielder we'd be more likely to be overrun.

Back