• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
June 2002 white hart lane capacity 36500.

In the meantime,arsenal,man ure,Emirates Marketing Project,Saudi Sportswashing Machine,chelsea increase their capacity or move to new grounds.

June 2012 white hart lane capacity 36500.

Can't compete with transfer fees + salaries plus increase in season ticket waiting list in the last five years due to higher league positions by Harry and his staff.

Well done Levy thanks for doing your job.

Did something happen in 2008??

You know? That recession thingy?

Before that we were mid table and ?ú400 million on a new statdium without CL would be folly.

In short - what the fudge!!!?? :) :) :)

Hopefully Redknapp will be able to focus more on his Betfair-job soon; maybe he can do it better then - but ofc Redknapp promoting Redknapp is as good as it gets.

Did something happen in 2008??

You know? That recession thingy?

Before that we were mid table and ?ú400 million on a new statdium without CL would be folly.

In short - what the fudge!!!?? :) :) :)

The problem was the last redevelopment to 36k. It wasn't nearly ambitious enough. I remember being shown round WHL and was told that when TV fulfilled it's potential, a stadium of 36k would be 'an ideal size' as they were anticipating reduced PL attentances. That was the trademark of the Sugar era that everything around the club was being done on the cheap, shoddy training facilities included. We've been playing catch up ever since.

@robspur12

i can only assume you've decided to use selective reading on that. case in point below

the difference isnt in the words retaining and holding (surprised THATS what stood out in that line tbh. weird. as the reason i used two different words was to avoid tautology. yes i am still learning this language) you'd think that someone would rather focus on these two

as in alot of the individual POINTS of what people are saying , IMO ,(something that i would assume goes without saying) for the most part isnt valid / fair/ accurate / logical

in this one ALOT of the individual points made , again IMO, are outright rubbish.

none of the statements says everyones opinion is totally rubbish and incorrect, and nothing there says that all of the opinions are rubbish

i can only assume that the word easily thrown out like "ALOT" are what happened to hit a note? which is understandable but not intentional

i am genuinely shocked and perplexed to the point of jaw dropping that out of all the 100 pages and more that you've read on this thing with the abuse, threats, patronisations galore, straw man tactics, balls chopping, etc etc etc.......that you found that innocent line from an individual's opinion to be one of the worst.....speechless. this whole post to soothe a bruised ego (and by the end of all this am actually smiling/smirking abit....)

African I don't want to turn this into a spat, totally off topic, between 2 posters as many of the threads become. Without trying to sound patronising myself perhaps your use of metaphors made your point unclear. However, what annoyed me was that you took one side of the discussion and appeared to completely rubbish it. Both sides of the argument made points that may have been valid or not valid but you seemed only to home in on the anti redknapp stuff. Funny how selective the human mind can be. Any way no offence intended.

And they haven't been up in arms using the ghosts of their dead relatives as emotional blackmail at the mere mention of it??

African I don't want to turn this into a spat, totally off topic, between 2 posters as many of the threads become. Without trying to sound patronising myself perhaps your use of metaphors made your point unclear. However, what annoyed me was that you took one side of the discussion and appeared to completely rubbish it. Both sides of the argument made points that may have been valid or not valid but you seemed only to home in on the anti redknapp stuff. Funny how selective the human mind can be. Any way no offence intended.

thats cool dude, not going to lie i felt hurt...not offended or insulted, just disspointed to think thats the way it came across

but to get back on the topic, unfortunately i honestly do believe that 'quite a few' of whats been said against redknapp is clutching at straws etc etc. stuff like

he mainly buys old players
getting CL is the main thing to be considered as success
bad squad rotation
bad man management
poor tactically
he doesnt care
he talks to the media too much
we wont go anywhere with him
players dont like him and he lost the dressing room
if Chelsea lose the CL then he has done well, if they win then he hasnt
we feel we need a new face, harry's is the same old one that will never change our fortunes
he goes back on what he says to the press
all good buys are levy's and the bad or old ones are harry's
he wanted the england job
etc etc etc etc etc etc

i mean, not only do i tend to think "give it a rest" but sincerely feel that once you start bringing half of these excuses in then you just have to think "these people are just trying to add as much petrol to the ocean as they can to burn it completely" its just not really computing to me as fair

i have to say this though, the way this harry debate is turning out, i'm kind of already not looking forward to the next guy and most importantly am not looking forward to the hypocrisy that will follow on from the posters on here. cause i swear to you that 99% of the issues people here have with harry they WONT level at the feet of the new guy (if there is one), infact he'll probably be allowed a top 7 finish and all that..saying "its his first season " .... i can just see it.

i'd be surprised if a new manager came in and did better than redknapp has in his tenure.

Back