• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
You've mentioned this a few times now, drawing more attention to it than anyone else has.
Furthermore, Military Boy, read African's post. 'the twitchy thing aside' means he didn't find that bit funny.
Is your horse higher than TMK's? Or do you think yours just has a bigger dingdong?

Obnoxious doesn't even cover it.

Argue the facts. Redknapp has cost us CL two years in a row. That's failure.

:lol:

cos we were regulars in the CL before, right?

Mate,

What does that mean though? What's the context?

I guess it means to roast the only manager that has EVER given us Champions League, for not getting it the next time round, is a bit harsh

It's on a par with gooners roasting Wenger for not delivering a trophy

You can only take so much from past experience when making decisions in the present which affect the future. The question is, is Harry the man to get us back in the CL?

Coventry won the FA Cup once you know. I don't expect them to win it next season.

You can only take so much from past experience when making decisions in the present which affect the future. The question is, is Harry the man to get us back in the CL?

Coventry won the FA Cup once you know. I don't expect them to win it next season.

Is that a serious question?

We finished 4th this year.

And then a ten man Chelsea beat Barcelona (who raped them) and Bayern Munich (on their home ground)

I doubt we'll see another combination of events as dramatic as this, to conspire against a manager getting CL, for the next 100 years

Is that a serious question?

We finished 4th this year.

And then a ten man Chelsea beat Barcelona (who raped them) and Bayern Munich (on their home ground)

I doubt we'll see another combination of events as dramatic as this, to conspire against a manager getting CL, for the next 100 years

Beautifully summed up.

Mate,

What does that mean though? What's the context?

It means victim of your own success. We aren't one of the biggest 3/4 clubs, we don't spend particulary big on fees on wages in comparison to our rivals, we have never finished top 4 in the league before Redknapp and all of a sudden in his 3 full seasons we have done twice.

Top 6 we should be good for, but tell me why exactly we should be expecting CL every season?

that's a awful analogy mate.

seeing as we have finished in the CL positions 2 out of 3 full seasons under Harry, then the answer in all probability is yes.

It so evidentially plain that he can do it i can only guess at the premise of question.

Well he didn't this season. That's the fact. And we were in a position to do it until he ballsed it up at the end. Recent experience > more distant experience. He's getting older. Is he the man? It's a serious question. I don't want us to fall back and have to bring a new manager in to clean up a mess. Why not step in before the mess eventuates, look for the signals. I think the signals are arguably there.

Look I keep saying I'm going to stop posting on these threads as the arguments keep going around the same circles but I'm a sad Spurs supporter who can't resist it! I don't think it matters where we were before Harry it is ridiculous to keep harping back to that.To quote African I don't think thatargument retains/holds much water there are just too many variables. What matters is where we are now in the context of other teams. The key argument for me but clearly not those supporting Harry is over the last 2 seasons have we had a team good enough to qualify for the Champions League - the answer, when we have a midfield of Parker, Lennon Bale, Sandro, Modric and VDV with Adebayor and Defoe up front must be yes. Have we failed - the answer is yes. TBH I think Harry's second season CL qualification may have been an overachievement in the context of our squad compared to the others. But the next 2 imho have been failures. Levy has invested big time in our squad and CL is everything Harry must be aware of that. I won't bother with the other points about HR himself which annoy me and make me want him to leaveas they've been said already.

Look I keep saying I'm going to stop posting on these threads as the arguments keep going around the same circles but I'm a sad Spurs supporter who can't resist it! I don't think it matters where we were before Harry it is ridiculous to keep harping back to that.To quote African I don't think thatargument retains/holds much water there are just too many variables. What matters is where we are now in the context of other teams. The key argument for me but clearly not those supporting Harry is over the last 2 seasons have we had a team good enough to qualify for the Champions League - the answer, when we have a midfield of Parker, Lennon Bale, Sandro, Modric and VDV with Adebayor and Defoe up front must be yes. Have we failed - the answer is yes. TBH I think Harry's second season CL qualification may have been an overachievement in the context of our squad compared to the others. But the next 2 imho have been failures. Levy has invested big time in our squad and CL is everything Harry must be aware of that. I won't bother with the other points about HR himself which annoy me and make me want him to leaveas they've been said already.

Good post. I completely agree.

All good points. In my opinion, the current squad as it is, is a once in a generation squad Bale and Modric could walk into any other team in the world. Defence is solid. Up front is the dead weight, but should be relatively easy to fix.

If we stuff this up, finish 5th or worse next season, lose Bale, Modric, VdV, we're back where we were pre-Jol. We won't be able to replace like for like. We got extremely lucky with Modric and almost mugged ourselves on Bale. The stars have alligned for us, we need to be careful we have the right bloke in charge.

And take away results, is Redknapp the right bloke. Make a list of the top 5 attributes you would want in a manager. Here's mine:

1. A Leader
2. Tactically aware
3. Intelligent
4. Respected
5. Passionate.

How many ticks does Henry get of yours?

I guess it means to roast the only manager that has EVER given us Champions League, for not getting it the next time round, is a bit harsh

It's on a par with gooners roasting Wenger for not delivering a trophy

It seems to me that certain people are trying their hardest to find the negatives. They say 4-5-4 isn't good enough, or that because of Redknapp we blew the chance for 3rd. What they clearly refusing to acknowledge is that Redknapp was a major factor as to why we were in the situation where 3rd place could be blown in the first place. There is a very real possibility that the majority of other Managers wouldn't have had us fighting for top four this year, let alone battling for 3rd.

Bottom line is Spurs finishing 3rd this year would have been an amazingly fantastic result. You can't go from 3rd being absolutely amazing, to 4th place being a disaster. It simply isn't logical.

I'm a sad Spurs supporter

I think we're all a little sad. You have to be. A guy at work asked if my I was going to raise my daughter to be a Spurs supporter. I said no*, why would I. I want her to be a Man U supporter. Much more fun, less heart ache.

*for those looking to be offended, it was a light hearted conversation. I want her to be an Arsenal fan, so I can tease her.

It seems to me that certain people are trying their hardest to find the negatives. They say 4-5-4 isn't good enough, or that because of Redknapp we blew the chance for 3rd. What they clearly refusing to acknowledge is that Redknapp was a major factor as to why we were in the situation where 3rd place could be blown in the first place. There is a very real possibility that the majority of other Managers wouldn't have had us fighting for top four this year, let alone battling for 3rd.

Bottom line is Spurs finishing 3rd this year would have been an amazingly fantastic result. You can't go from 3rd being absolutely amazing, to 4th place being a disaster. It simply isn't logical.

What about 4th to 5th?

Disagree. Our midfield is decent, but you look at Emirates Marketing Project,Man Utd, Arsenal,even Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool have all got better strikers than us. That is what we are missing, a genunine top class striker - if we had that then you could say our actual team on paper should get us in the CL....

All good points. In my opinion, the current squad as it is, is a once in a generation squad Bale and Modric could walk into any other team in the world. Defence is solid. Up front is the dead weight, but should be relatively easy to fix.

If we stuff this up, finish 5th or worse next season, lose Bale, Modric, VdV, we're back where we were pre-Jol. We won't be able to replace like for like. We got extremely lucky with Modric and almost mugged ourselves on Bale. The stars have alligned for us, we need to be careful we have the right bloke in charge.

And take away results, is Redknapp the right bloke. Make a list of the top 5 attributes you would want in a manager. Here's mine:

1. A Leader
2. Tactically aware
3. Intelligent
4. Respected
5. Passionate.

How many ticks does Henry get of yours?

There lies the problem. Our fans have this massive over inflated ego based on 3 years of excellent performances. Finishing top six for Spurs next season is a good result. Finishing top four (3 times in 4 years?!) would be fudging amazing! We're punching way above our weight and really have no right to be top four.

It's actually one of the reasons why maybe it is best Redknapp should go. If he leaves now he can leave with us finished 4th. The chances of us getting top four next year are so slim they're practically anorexic, regardless of who the Manager is. We've had a great three seasons punching above our weight but it simply can't last. It's possible next year we may be able to punch above our weight again, but realistically the last three seasons have been an amazing achievement and it's unlikely to continue next season.

What about 4th to 5th?

One place to another can never go from being amazingly fantastic to a disaster. Spurs should be 6th to 9th in the natural order of things, and really with our fanbase and revenue we should be 6th. 6th is acceptable. 5th is bloody good. 4th and above? Superb, regardless of the final outcome of reward.

One place to another can never go from being amazingly fantastic to a disaster. Spurs should be 6th to 9th in the natural order of things, and really with our fanbase and revenue we should be 6th. 6th is acceptable. 5th is bloody good. 4th and above? Superb, regardless of the final outcome of reward.

Ignoring us being spurs for a second, what about 17th to 18th? Seems like that can be amazingly fantastic to a disaster for a lot of clubs.

Disagree. Our midfield is decent, but you look at Emirates Marketing Project,Man Utd, Arsenal,even Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool have all got better strikers than us. That is what we are missing, a genunine top class striker - if we had that then you could say our actual team on paper should get us in the CL....

And defenders. When fully fit I believe the midfield of Bale - Modric - Parker - Lennon with VDV in the hole in front of them is as good as anything currently in the Premiership. Our defence is often woeful, but has been protected massively this year because the midfield is so good at keeping possession that our defence isn't tested as much. We saw against City, Utd, Arsenal and Norwich just how good our defence actually is when the midfield fails to perform.

Back