• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Casual, run of the mill Harry game, 2 goals ..

Thought the team should have pushed for his hattrick.

Couple of points in second half where I felt he had half a chance and he tried to feed Richi (think the team wanted him to score)

Just read an article today, how true I am not sure. But it was saying Richarlison was annoyed with Kane for not letting him take the penalty.

If true, he does not really know a lot, Harry Kane is not going to take a free-kick before him, let alone a penalty. And to be honest I would probably see it the other way. I would think him letting take the pen just to get a goal a bit demeaning. I am sure Richarlsion would rather score a goal for himself rather be handed a spot kick just to 'get the monkey off his back'

Just read an article today, how true I am not sure. But it was saying Richarlison was annoyed with Kane for not letting him take the penalty.

If true, he does not really know a lot, Harry Kane is not going to take a free-kick before him, let alone a penalty. And to be honest I would probably see it the other way. I would think him letting take the pen just to get a goal a bit demeaning. I am sure Richarlsion would rather score a goal for himself rather be handed a spot kick just to 'get the monkey off his back'
Can't say for sure. Some foorball players are nice people. Some just want to chalk up numbers. So long as it doesn't affect on pitch performance, these things happen, I won't bother. They are all grown adults.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Can't say for sure. Some foorball players are nice people. Some just want to chalk up numbers. So long as it doesn't affect on pitch performance, these things happen, I won't bother. They are all grown adults.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

More importantly it was 1-0 at the time so the game was very much alive. We have even seen games are alive at 3-0 with 5 mins to go.

It would have been completely unprofessional to let Richy take it.

VtUZiSFN_normal.jpg

OptaJoe
@OptaJoe
·
1h
9 - Harry Kane has scored nine headed goals in the Premier League this season, equalling Duncan Ferguson's single-season record in the competition from 1997-98. Leap.

... and still 10 games to go.

I'd love to see Harry now come out, saying something like he has to leave so he can achieve something. We've had several of the best coaches in the world now say it can't be done under current thinking at the club. He doesn't deserve to have no honors when it's over. Currently we may have only one other possible world class player and chances of him sticking around watching Hojbjerg, Dier, Davis, Hugo, Sessegnon, Sanchez etc get their new contracts are slim. Romero's probably counting down the days.

I'd love to see Harry now come out, saying something like he has to leave so he can achieve something. We've had several of the best coaches in the world now say it can't be done under current thinking at the club. He doesn't deserve to have no honors when it's over. Currently we may have only one other possible world class player and chances of him sticking around watching Hojbjerg, Dier, Davis, Hugo, Sessegnon, Sanchez etc get their new contracts are slim. Romero's probably counting down the days.
I’d fudging hate it. What a bizarre thing to say you’d love?!

Would kane going to utd and winning a cup make him any more a winner than say trippier?
Trippier joined a club who aren't expected to win the league and did.
Kane would be joining a club expected to win trophies with or without kane.
Could be argued he is piggy backing on utds success.

Missed the game live but watched the full 90 mins on Sky Game of the Day last night after reading through the entire OMT and seing Conte's 'please sack me now' diatribe.

So with the benefit of rear view mirror I was able to look out for evidence of selfishness and lack of commitment ("... I see players that don't want to help each other and don't put their heart [in]."

Well, no question Kane seemed a tad selfish at times, opting to shoot when other attackers had bust a gut to get into space in the box and looked better placed. But isn't that precisely what you want him to do? I know I do. Because imo that is what gets you more goals in the long run. Too often the option of passing to a player backfires. The pass ends up getting intercepted, going astray, or when it does find the player he gets immediately closed down or his shot goes into row 99.

Beyond that I don't recall witnessing too much evidence of selfishness yesterday.

Where I can see what Conte is getting at is around the overall lack of full-blooded commitment compared to Soton. But whilst some, like Kulu, Skipp and Dier, showed spells of fire and determination, certain others seemed to be playing within themselves. For example Hojbjerg, though decent once in possession, seemed to spend the afternoon resolutely avoiding going in for tackles. Ro be blunt it looked to me like he had already signed off, or maybe had Denmark's upcoming Euro qualifiers at the back of his mind.

Missed the game live but watched the full 90 mins on Sky Game of the Day last night after reading through the entire OMT and seing Conte's 'please sack me now' diatribe.

So with the benefit of rear view mirror I was able to look out for evidence of selfishness and lack of commitment ("... I see players that don't want to help each other and don't put their heart [in]."

Well, no question Kane seemed a tad selfish at times, opting to shoot when other attackers had bust a gut to get into space in the box and looked better placed. But isn't that precisely what you want him to do? I know I do. Because imo that is what gets you more goals in the long run. Too often the option of passing to a player backfires. The pass ends up getting intercepted, going astray, or when it does find the player he gets immediately closed down or his shot goes into row 99.

Beyond that I don't recall witnessing too much evidence of selfishness yesterday.

Where I can see what Conte is getting at is around the overall lack of full-blooded commitment compared to Soton. But whilst some, like Kulu, Skipp and Dier, showed spells of fire and determination, certain others seemed to be playing within themselves. For example Hojbjerg, though decent once in possession, seemed to spend the afternoon resolutely avoiding going in for tackles. Ro be blunt it looked to me like he had already signed off, or maybe had Denmark's upcoming Euro qualifiers at the back of his mind.

The selfish comment probably relates to romero against milan. Yes it was just one incident but it was an epic display of selfishness and unprofessionalism what romero did, effectively ending the tie for such a ludicrous challenge.

Conte probably wanted to kill him but that would mean promoting sanchez or tanganga lol.

Back