• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

With regards to the recent leak about Kane supposedly interested in signing a new contract I would suggest that fans not get carried away with the story. I would be stunned if Kane and his brother have not learnt their lesson and not sign a new contract without a release clause. And I expect it to be one that would be low enough for a team like Utd will be able to trigger in the summer of 2024 if Kane feels it is time to move.

Under the circumstances I think this is the best we can hope for.

I’d be stunned if Kane’s brother had learned to tie his own shoe laces.

I'd be happy with that at this stage tbh - if we have a good summer then i think next season will see a big improvement on the pitch and at that stage it may be enough to keep Kane here despite suitors

A release clause that is active 18 months from now, with some clauses that it has to be early-ish in the window. Infinitely better than just 18 months left on his contract.

Will believe it when I see it though.

And the following day said this:

Not much has actually changed in 10 years has it?

Hahahaha, well seen!

I will say that when I saw him pre-season in 2014-15, he played one turn and play switching pass that won me on the spot. I said he looked like Teddy that day. I'd be lying if I said I thought he'd be even half the player he is, but he won my that day...

Hahahaha, well seen!

I will say that when I saw him pre-season in 2014-15, he played one turn and play switching pass that won me on the spot. I said he looked like Teddy that day. I'd be lying if I said I thought he'd be even half the player he is, but he won my that day...
The moment I thought he might have something was Villa away in the league cup under AVB, he came on for the last 20 minutes at LWF and made a couple of nice runs with the ball and passes. It was the first time I’d noticed his skill.

And the following day said this:

Not much has actually changed in 10 years has it?
To be fair there are some absolute classics in the first 20 pages or so of this thread (made for some fun reading on an uneventful transfer deadline day). Not sure who wins the worst opinion in hindsight prize.... Though I think @Raziel has to be up there.

To be fair there are some absolute classics in the first 20 pages or so of this thread (made for some fun reading on an uneventful transfer deadline day). Not sure who wins the worst opinion in hindsight prize.... Though I think @Raziel has to be up there.

Did I say some brick re Harry? Wouldn't be surprised (and certainly unlikely to be the only one), he looked like a donkey early on, even VDV said so

My personal big miss recollection -> Harry, CR7 (thought the early United version was a one trick pony)
My got it right -> Bale, Berbatov
The list of those I thought would push on is probably too big to list.

He was genuinely Lee Barnard for the first few years he was on fans' radar. No one close to foresaw that he would become Spurs and England's greatest ever forward.

He was genuinely Lee Barnard for the first few years he was on fans' radar. No one close to foresaw that he would become Spurs and England's greatest ever forward.

Ahem

Harry's first competitive goal was against Shamrock Rovers in Dublin in the EL (Dec '11). I wuz there!

I also went to Millwall v Blackpool in April '12 as Harry and Mason were on loan there. Ryan didn't play though. Harry scored a belter.

It's fudging great that we have him. The only Spurs player that I've been there to witness three hattricks from: Asteras, West Brom and Stoke.

Now foreseeing that he would become Spurs and England's greatest ever forward is a push, even for me, but I always had great hopes for him and had been well aware of him from his days in the youth team.

Did I say some brick re Harry? Wouldn't be surprised (and certainly unlikely to be the only one), he looked like a donkey early on, even VDV said so

My personal big miss recollection -> Harry, CR7 (thought the early United version was a one trick pony)
My got it right -> Bale, Berbatov
The list of those I thought would push on is probably too big to list.
To be fair to you actually your comments didn't really stand out amongst some of the others, I think you just wanted Soldado to be playing instead of him.... One thing that was quite funny is that I think both you and Gutterboy made separate comments that a Ricky Lambert type of career should be his aim. There was another guy Millsyyiddo or something like that who made a comment saying that it was easy to know straight away which players would make it at the top level and which wouldn't if you'd played the game to a reasonable level like he had. He then went on to say how it was obvious Kane wouldn't make it :D

To be fair to you actually your comments didn't really stand out amongst some of the others, I think you just wanted Soldado to be playing instead of him.... One thing that was quite funny is that I think both you and Gutterboy made separate comments that a Ricky Lambert type of career should be his aim. There was another guy Millsyyiddo or something like that who made a comment saying that it was easy to know straight away which players would make it at the top level and which wouldn't if you'd played the game to a reasonable level like he had. He then went on to say how it was obvious Kane wouldn't make it :D

hahaha .. ah well ..

Very pleased for him to get the record. You can see how much it meant to him too!

I do think there's a good chance he stays now, particularly if we can get top 4 again and ideally win the FA Cup

We're a decent GK and couple CBs away from being very good indeed

Back