• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I still don't think Kane is his old self...and its getting increasingly worrying. His finishing etc is still top drawer and effort/attitude are 110% but general contributions from open play are, in my view, not at the same level as they were before his injury last Easter. The header v Man U is the sign of a clinical CF so doesnt disprove it, and his world cup goals similarly were finishes, rather than more than that.

Its a bit surprising as you tend to think that muscle injuries would impair someone's speed/mobility/agility more than a bone injury such as that which Kane had, but I dont feel he's running as much at defenders as he used to. Still darn good mind you, but a CF who becomes known as someone who won't run at you becomes easier to mark.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and not sure what stats could show it either way

I wonder if he could end up in the Rooney mould - fantastic stats, but a bit of 'what if?' about him.

For Rooney's explosive and exciting style that disappeared, there's Kane's dominance of games and exceptional all round game that has disappeared.

"Looks knackered" - not buying that. As others have said, this is looking increasingly like a permanent change as a result of injuries.

I wonder if he could end up in the Rooney mould - fantastic stats, but a bit of 'what if?' about him.

For Rooney's explosive and exciting style that disappeared, there's Kane's dominance of games and exceptional all round game that has disappeared.

"Looks knackered" - not buying that. As others have said, this is looking increasingly like a permanent change as a result of injuries.

I wouldnt write him off quite yet, but as I said above 6-8 weeks at the end of last season, plus the world cup, plus 4 games this season...its worrying and at some point it becomes the norm. I don't think he's tired/knackered - just seems to have lost some of his movement/mobility/pace/dribbling

I used to think he'd end up like a Teddy Sheringham type player, if there is the space in the modern game for that style

Kane has had an average ish period of about 12/16 weeks playing and people are fault finding/looking for problems

Jesus wept (that’s not a Mexican player)

The guy is simply the best striker in the world, plain and simple

Every team in the world would have in a heart beat and he would be the most expensive player in the world

Players have off periods but kane has had a high period for about 3 1/2 years and a solid 1/2 year. His numbers in that 1/2 year are still scarily good

He's definitely still an awesome player... but he does look more laboured in his movements, like he is lumbering slightly rather than skating over the turf like an oiled greyhound. Must be due to his ankle injuries and whatnot, something in his body is not quite aligned right. He needs to see a Yoga Alignment Feng Shui Aura Reiki healer.

Kane has had an average ish period of about 12/16 weeks playing and people are fault finding/looking for problems

Every team in the world would have in a heart beat and he would be the most expensive player in the world

Players have off periods but kane has had a high period for about 3 1/2 years and a solid 1/2 year. His numbers in that 1/2 year are still scarily good
Yeah, but he missed a chance against Watford and has only scored two in August and scored one off his heel and three pens in the World Cup and he mis-hit three passes and he breathes through his mouth and spits on his shirt.

It is not his form I'm worried about, it is his fitness. If you honestly think he is 100% fit then nothing I will say will convince you, but IMO @Bullet is right. His reiki feng is out of whack.

I still don't think Kane is his old self...and its getting increasingly worrying. His finishing etc is still top drawer and effort/attitude are 110% but general contributions from open play are, in my view, not at the same level as they were before his injury last Easter. The header v Man U is the sign of a clinical CF so doesnt disprove it, and his world cup goals similarly were finishes, rather than more than that.

Its a bit surprising as you tend to think that muscle injuries would impair someone's speed/mobility/agility more than a bone injury such as that which Kane had, but I dont feel he's running as much at defenders as he used to. Still darn good mind you, but a CF who becomes known as someone who won't run at you becomes easier to mark.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and not sure what stats could show it either way

FWIW... his figures remain significantly down on the beast mode he was in prior to latest ankle injury...

He's still scoring goals which is important. His overall play however remains underwhelming. Even during the World Cup I noticed he wasn't attacking the 6 yard box as often as you would have liked and that has continued to an extent this season with Moura playing further forward than Kane.

Moura and Harry as a pairing will need time to settle.
If that headed attempt at Watford had been 6 inches lower bingo!
Not concerned in slightest and he was good at Fulham and OT.

He's still scoring goals which is important. His overall play however remains underwhelming. Even during the World Cup I noticed he wasn't attacking the 6 yard box as often as you would have liked and that has continued to an extent this season with Moura playing further forward than Kane.

I do worry that Poch's training regime will shorten many of our front players football careers from a physical point of view; I think Poch knows this too hence the way Kane is playing with Moura (and his attempts at buying other pacy wing-forwards over the years)

Moura and Harry as a pairing will need time to settle.
If that headed attempt at Watford had been 6 inches lower bingo!
Not concerned in slightest and he was good at Fulham and OT.

I'm not worried about the partnership between those two. I'm concerned that Kane isn't showing the same explosiveness, attacking the 6 yard box and his general play has diminished. Even his touch seems to have deserted him. When he's on form he frequently pings 30 yard passes and is far more involved in open play than he is now. He also bullies defenders.

I do worry that Poch's training regime will shorten many of our front players football careers from a physical point of view; I think Poch knows this too hence the way Kane is playing with Moura (and his attempts at buying other pacy wing-forwards over the years)
That may be true, but Kane is only 25 so physically he should be on the up slope still. Obviously the dropoff in form is to do with the ankle and it looks to have impacted on his mobility IMO. That he can still perform to such a high standard is a testament to the man, but he has already set a higher bar in previous seasons. I guess I am worried that it is taking so long to fully shake off the effects of the March injury.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about the partnership between those two. I'm concerned that Kane isn't showing the same explosiveness, attacking the 6 yard box and his general play has diminished. Even his touch seems to have deserted him. When he's on form he frequently pings 30 yard passes and is far more involved in open play than he is now. He also bullies defenders.

He was fine against Fulham and Man U.
He was off-colour against Watford along with many of the team.
Watford handled our attack very well, Jose will bye them all in January.

Ronaldo went half a season without scoring a goal last year (or something ridiculous like that) then dragged RM to the CL title, once again, in the second half of the season - how about we stop trying to force the issue and let him get on with it - he's one of the best CFs in world football and every team out there would play him if available even if off form.

He was fine against Fulham and Man U.
He was off-colour against Watford along with many of the team.
Watford handled our attack very well, Jose will bye them all in January.
He was fouled all over the pitch against Watford. Every time the ball went near him (with his back to goal, at least) he was pulled and pushed to the point where he couldn't do a thing. We couldn't get the ball in front of him because they were sitting so deep.

His weakness against Watford was not dealing with the ref early on - as vice captain it's his job on the pitch to point that stuff out to the referee and put the pressure on him to notice it.

He was fouled all over the pitch against Watford. Every time the ball went near him (with his back to goal, at least) he was pulled and pushed to the point where he couldn't do a thing. We couldn't get the ball in front of him because they were sitting so deep.

His weakness against Watford was not dealing with the ref early on - as vice captain it's his job on the pitch to point that stuff out to the referee and put the pressure on him to notice it.

This is a trait running through the squad. Too nice and naivety when it comes to gamesmanship!

This is a trait running through the squad. Too nice and naivety when it comes to gamesmanship!

If you talk to people outside of Spurs im sure you'll find the they think this team is anything but nice or lacking in the gamesmanship department- mixed board i read tends to think that's one of our strongest attributes

Back