• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Under Poch you're right we hardly ever lose.
I think though Poch must shoulder some the blame the Watford selection which was IMHO 'over' offensive, especially when Poch was questioning our capacity for learning?

Hindsight - Should we have gone up against Watford with Dire Winks Dele midfield after OT and maybe stuck Lorrente upfront. Maybe stay solid and then refresh from the bench. Poch was saying 'they' must learn, so must he?

Something like this.

Vorm
Tripier, Toby, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies
Dier, Winks, Dele
Lucas, Eriksen
Lorrente
Llorente is so brick we’d need to have 10 other outfield players to accommodate him...

Llorente is so brick we’d need to have 10 other outfield players to accommodate him...

We need to rest Kane a little surely, he can come on at halftime or whatever.
Llorente has not been great I agree but we must look for alternatives.

We need to rest Kane a little surely, he can come on at halftime or whatever.
Llorente has not been great I agree but we must look for alternatives.

This was a my way of saying you have picked 12 players in your team...;)

Personally I’d prefer Son or Moura as his alternative in a game of any importance as I’ve lost all faith in Llorente. He’s not going to get a break with England either :(

"if they'd turned up" tickle my balls with a feather.
But they didn't, who though is responsible for making sure they do "turn up"?
Pochettino had already torn them off a strip for the complacency at OT (a little harshly IMHO). But he was right to keep them grounded and aware of the task ahead at Watford.
Here Pochetiho failed as we know with dropped 3 precious points to a bang average but hard-working outfit.

What else can poch do? He's put out a team good enough to win and warned them not to be complacent.
Our Bench wasn't the strongest and let's face he could have replaced 6 or 7 players.
IMO it's on the players.

What else can poch do? He's put out a team good enough to win and warned them not to be complacent.
Our Bench wasn't the strongest and let's face he could have replaced 6 or 7 players.
IMO it's on the players.

Sorry Pochettino is the manager he picks the players.
If the player are not doing his bidding change the lineup.
He has done well but can’t admonish himself from the ultimate responsibility of being the boss. If he didn’t like the attitude at OT, he has the power to change that by his selections.
I was a not surprised in the slightest buy the Watford, result like this are the type games we continue to be undercooked for. This is the totally down to the manager and his team.

He has done well but can’t admonish himself from the ultimate responsibility of being the boss. If he didn’t like the attitude at OT, he has the power to change that by his selections.
I was a not surprised in the slightest buy the Watford, result like this are the type games we continue to be undercooked for. This is the totally down to the manager and his team.
I think he took ultimate responsibility and always does. We don’t have the depth of squad to make wholesale changes and the players might have been running low physically after an ever present season and World Cup, away games are usually harder work and we’ve had 2 of them in the preceding 3 games and we came up against a physical team on a high after winning their first 3 games, probably with more players who’ve had a full pre season. There’s as much point focussing on what went wrong against Watford as their is back slapping over the Man U game - it’s worsened by the international break but we need to move on.

I think his hands are tied to an extent because of our injuries.
Dembele, Erikson and Davies were awful but who is he going to replace them with? Wanyama, winks and Rose are all just returning from injury and lamela is out.
The players need to take responsibility for themselves at the end of the day, and too many of them didn't.

I really do think that there is a big over reaction by some to a poor result, we are not the finished articule and will not be until we have ALL players back and firing. It was a bad day at the office ( it happens) i do believe Poch made a mistake ( all managers do) by naming Dembélé as our only CM but we still created enough to have come out of the game with points.

I really do think that there is a big over reaction by some to a poor result, we are not the finished articule and will not be until we have ALL players back and firing. It was a bad day at the office ( it happens) i do believe Poch made a mistake ( all managers do) by naming Dembélé as our only CM but we still created enough to have come out of the game with points.

Agreed but it’s because we have this intentional break and have time to fester on the result

I think the performance in the OT game and the attitude that he may have observed post-OT are two quite different things that Poch has been covering.
Now performance can be changed, attitude is much more tangly. And it can be a squad issue rather than down to specific players. Performance can indeed be addressed through selections, I'd put it that it's harder to change attitude through team selections.

The emboldened part is patently untrue. How many games (of this type) over the last few seasons have we won (or not lost) through the improvements wrought by the manager and his team.
Of course we haven't won all such games, for that would require near-perfection and we are far from that. But I refuse to take up cudgels because a previously huge problem has merely been significantly reduced rather than entirely eliminated.

Our bench options weren't great. I think Llorente was the only attacking player once it went south.

With regard to the starting 11, once the players cross the white line there's not much he can do is there? Except change it up and make subs (as shown above - not a lot in the attacking locker).

Watford away is a tough game (as last season showed), even tougher when they are 3 from 3 and trying like we are to keep a run going.

It was a hard game where we grafted to hit the front and then got suckered on 2 set pieces. It happens, we move on.

If I hadn’t been on form for ten games and was lumbering around looking generally tired leggy and out of touch, I’d probably wear a pair of bright gold boots to help bring attention to the fact.
Just saying.

If I hadn’t been on form for ten games and was lumbering around looking generally tired leggy and out of touch, I’d probably wear a pair of bright gold boots to help bring attention to the fact.
Just saying.

No one is daft enough to do that are they. :eek:

Not sure why this is being discussed in the Harry Kane thread but there was 4 unacceptables in this game:

1. Dembele played as only CM which in turn meant Dele played a little deeper where he produces his worse football as he cannot be trusted in possession

2. Conceding from two set pieces

3. General attitide of the players refusing to move out of third gear

4. Watford's 10 minute spell in the second half was the best football they have played in their history

Poch should impose strong economic sanctions on the players for points 2 and 3.

Back