• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Harry Kane stats:

110 goals in 156 games, a rate of 0.71 gpg, the best in PL history with only Aguero (0.70) and Henry (0.68) close.

He could play another 150 games for us and go scoreless and still have a better strike rate than Jermain Defoe (#7 on PL goals scored list). He could play another 300 scoreless games and still have a better strike rate than Peter Crouch (#23).

Amazing numbers really, and I beleive he's still only playing at 80-90% of his ability since last March.

Last edited:
I still don't think Kane is his old self...and its getting increasingly worrying. His finishing etc is still top drawer and effort/attitude are 110% but general contributions from open play are, in my view, not at the same level as they were before his injury last Easter. The header v Man U is the sign of a clinical CF so doesnt disprove it, and his world cup goals similarly were finishes, rather than more than that.

Its a bit surprising as you tend to think that muscle injuries would impair someone's speed/mobility/agility more than a bone injury such as that which Kane had, but I dont feel he's running as much at defenders as he used to. Still darn good mind you, but a CF who becomes known as someone who won't run at you becomes easier to mark.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and not sure what stats could show it either way

I think we might have to rotate and look after Harry a bit more (Son and Lamela being available again will help with that) but I genuinely don't think there's anything to worry about. If Eriksen picks up form, then I think you'll see all of our other attackers benefit.

He is also being asked to play differently, deeper and with a partner. Could that have an impact?

It certainly looks like it. That said, he had at least two long silky passes to team mates yesterday. If there's one player I wouldn't worry about, it's Harry Kane. :)

He is also being asked to play differently, deeper and with a partner. Could that have an impact?
It feels like it started earlier than this season, maybe the tail end of last and definitely the World Cup, where I assumed he chose to drop deeper as Sterling just doesn’t have the ability to make something happen from the number 10 position and he was trying to take responsibility as captain. It’s a concern for me as holding the ball up and laying it off from deep is not playing to his strengths and if he is struggling physically then surely he’d still be better off spending more time on the last man where he only needsto use his first touch and get a quick shot off, as opposed to trying to outpace two or three defenders from deep? Hopefully it’s just about blending Moura into the team along with Eriksen being off the boil. My other concern would be is that he isn’t very good at admitting he needs a rest but when Son and Moura are back perhaps that will become possible.

It feels like it started earlier than this season, maybe the tail end of last and definitely the World Cup, where I assumed he chose to drop deeper as Sterling just doesn’t have the ability to make something happen from the number 10 position and he was trying to take responsibility as captain. It’s a concern for me as holding the ball up and laying it off from deep is not playing to his strengths and if he is struggling physically then surely he’d still be better off spending more time on the last man where he only needsto use his first touch and get a quick shot off, as opposed to trying to outpace two or three defenders from deep? Hopefully it’s just about blending Moura into the team along with Eriksen being off the boil. My other concern would be is that he isn’t very good at admitting he needs a rest but when Son and Moura are back perhaps that will become possible.

Re the world cup and Sterling, I don't think in today's football Kane or anyone else for that matter can just choose to drop deeper, for better or worse it would be by design.

No matter what some say he is not the player he was before the injury, i have no idea what the problem is but his touch and general play is not the same as it has been over the last few seasons. The good thing is he is still scoring but its strange that he seems to struggle with the rest of his game.

I understand what some are saying about Moura playing further forward then Kane helping him to settle but i wonder if its because Poch can see that there is something wrong in Kane"s overall game? and hoping that by putting him in behind Moura may help that.

As i say its all guess work but there is something not quite right.

No matter what some say he is not the player he was before the injury, i have no idea what the problem is but his touch and general play is not the same as it has been over the last few seasons. The good thing is he is still scoring but its strange that he seems to struggle with the rest of his game.

I understand what some are saying about Moura playing further forward then Kane helping him to settle but i wonder if its because Poch can see that there is something wrong in Kane"s overall game? and hoping that by putting him in behind Moura may help that.

I have noticed that in the past few months teams have wised up to Kane’s link up play and when he drops deeper there is a mini-swarm around him and an awareness of runners to cut down his passing options. The team needs to be aware of this change in tactic and adjust accordingly.

Yes, that is what I am seeing too. I read somewhere that his average speed has dropped off 5-10% . I'm not sure if that is true but it certainly looks like his movement is far more laboured.

He also seems a little reluctant to take on the outside shot when in the past he would have had no hesitation. Sometimes that shot was not the right choice but now the needle has swung the complete opposite way and he's not attempting hardly any.

In saying all that his goal return is still great so I guess that is why Poch is picking him even if he is not 100%.

Yes, that is what I am seeing too. I read somewhere that his average speed has dropped off 5-10% . I'm not sure if that is true but it certainly looks like his movement is far more laboured.

He also seems a little reluctant to take on the outside shot when in the past he would have had no hesitation. Sometimes that shot was not the right choice but now the needle has swung the complete opposite way and he's not attempting hardly any.

In saying all that his goal return is still great so I guess that is why Poch is picking him even if he is not 400%.

It is a mystery for sure, thankfully it seems in Moura we have a player who can take some of the weight of his shoulders. And if Pouch is playing him not fully fit it would worry me that he could be causing more problems in the long term.

I must admit considering how long it has been since the injury he still seems to be having problems, its unusual to say the least.

It is a mystery for sure, thankfully it seems in Moura we have a player who can take some of the weight of his shoulders. And if Pouch is playing him not fully fit it would worry me that he could be causing more problems in the long term.

I must admit considering how long it has been since the injury he still seems to be having problems, its unusual to say the least.
You'd have to think the club would not take a chance with the fitness of their main man if there was a risk of making it worse. Even from a purely financial perspective they would be gambling with their biggest on field asset.
It is worrying however that he has not returned to where he was before the injury.

You'd have to think the club would not take a chance with the fitness of their main man if there was a risk of making it worse. Even from a purely financial perspective they would be gambling with their biggest on field asset.
It is worrying however that he has not returned to where he was before the injury.

Without a doubt i agree, that is why its hard to understand what the problem is.

Back