• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Did many of these players not "act like men" in Manchester and Amsterdam, in Barcelona, against Madrid? Harry missed a couple of those didn't he.

The win in Amsterdam is not only one of the most courageous Spurs performances ever, it remains a CL classic for eternity.

Mourinho did not invent football "courage"...

Of course Ajax was an amazing night, and in the biggest moments, we executed. But I think all Harry is saying is that he’s making a comment on a managerial style - elite players take responsibility, elite players get it done in the biggest moments, elite players don’t make excuses and don’t need to be told what to do. He’s not saying Jose’s method is best, he’s just describing what it was. And in the right circumstances, I think it works.

There are certain players that thrive on being handed that individual responsibility. There are certain players that thrive by being part of a collective. It’s all just different styles, but Kane has worked with some of the best managers in the world, and played with some of the best players, so he’s well qualified to have an opinion on whether one style can work or not.

Of course Ajax was an amazing night, and in the biggest moments, we executed. But I think all Harry is saying is that he’s making a comment on a managerial style - elite players take responsibility, elite players get it done in the biggest moments, elite players don’t make excuses and don’t need to be told what to do. He’s not saying Jose’s method is best, he’s just describing what it was. And in the right circumstances, I think it works.

There are certain players that thrive on being handed that individual responsibility. There are certain players that thrive by being part of a collective. It’s all just different styles, but Kane has worked with some of the best managers in the world, and played with some of the best players, so he’s well qualified to have an opinion on whether one style can work or not.

I think Kane is elite for sure, yet remember clearly how few people wanted him on the pitch at the Wanda. I felt he had to start even if only 70% fit, but if you remember this place was full of people saying it was wrong. My view? You want your elite players playing if possible.

You remind me of the Wet Spam fans I know who hark on about that comeback from 0-3 down every time I cross their path :D

Much like the Spammers, our current squad only seem capable of winning “cup finals” when there’s no trophy up for grabs at the end of the match :oops:

I just think it is funny that people forget times when we have shown tremendous courage and mentality, thus reminding people is important.

Your comparison of this moment to West Ham fans is tenuous to say the least.

I think Kane is elite for sure, yet remember clearly how few people wanted him on the pitch at the Wanda. I felt he had to start even if only 70% fit, but if you remember this place was full of people saying it was wrong. My view? You want your elite players playing if possible.

Agree with you there. If he didn’t play and we lost, we never would have heard the end of it.

I have the solution to the harry kane conundrum and all it involves is daniel speaking to his old friend florentino and convincing him to spend an extra 50m over the next 12 months.

Madrid are signing mbappe this summer for 100m and haaland in 12 months for 75m. All perez needs to do is sign mbappe in 12 months instead for 0m and spend 150m on kane this summer.

So perez’s dream of pairing mbappe with haaland will instead be a trio of mbappe, haaland and kane for just an extra 50m.

Kane would undoubtedly accept madrid’s offer when the only alternative is staying with us. This way we sell him abroad and well and truly fudge Emirates Marketing Project’s plans for world domination.

I have the solution to the harry kane conundrum and all it involves is daniel speaking to his old friend florentino and convincing him to spend an extra 50m over the next 12 months.

Madrid are signing mbappe this summer for 100m and haaland in 12 months for 75m. All perez needs to do is sign mbappe in 12 months instead for 0m and spend 150m on kane this summer.

So perez’s dream of pairing mbappe with haaland will instead be a trio of mbappe, haaland and kane for just an extra 50m.

Kane would undoubtedly accept madrid’s offer when the only alternative is staying with us. This way we sell him abroad and well and truly fudge Emirates Marketing Project’s plans for world domination.

where do you get all that from?

It just goes to show that "winning meteorology" is largely flimflam and most of the competitions are won by the richest two or three clubs in them.

I think that whole subject was initially really all about that great side we had under Poch invariably letting the occasion get to them in those big cup games in the latter stages of competitions.

CL final and cup semis were the ones.

But the semi we lost 2-4 to chelsea I thought we played very well but were undone by the Son at lwb decision coupled with a freak goal from matic and the 1-2 loss to man utd was actually a great showing until dembele fudged up trying to show off by unnecessarily cutting back in and taking on pogba.

The CL final I guess we will never know how we would have played without the monumental error the ref made in giving handball against sissoko.

You’re just not listening to him. Engage with what he is saying rather than assuming some mal-intent.

Kane, one of the best players in the world, with an elite meteorology, had a good relationship with Jose. Kane has in a documentary called out other players’ attitudes as being unacceptable. These same players are now underperforming for Mason. Just as they did for Poch.

I don’t just blame the players, as I think it is more complex than that. I think we need alignment behind a plan. Otherwise we have already failed at whatever we are trying to achieve. But Jose’s whole philosophy is to work with elite players who can handle the pressure and make sure they get over the line in the biggest games. Kane, who believes in his ability and has a relentless desire to improve and be the best, appreciated that.

Jose’s whole thing is encouraging players to take personal responsibility so that in the biggest moments, when he can’t kick the ball for them, they have to execute correctly. That is what Kane means by being men. It is taking responsibility for your performance.

Kane isn’t throwing anyone under the bus. He’s stating facts in a pretty balanced way. Some
of our players are weak minded in the biggest moments, that much is obvious. I thought the Jose appointment was wrong at the time, because we were never going to do what it takes to furnish his squad with players who have elite meteorology, because we don’t spend the biggest money. We need a Poch like figure who builds a system and culture that enables us to compete. But while Jose was here, he did the job he knows how to do, and the players who can hack it, our best players who deserve the most praise, performed well. The ones that didn’t were the ones that Jose would have bombed out, in the same way Poch bombed certain players out, if we were actually going to back him.

I think Kane would have been happy to win under Jose at Tottenham, if we were actually going to back Jose. The fact that we didn’t invest in the side from the position of strength is not Kane’s fault. Or Jose’s. It’s that of a chairman that took a gamble that failed horribly because he hired Jose to do something he had never done before - get average, top 6 players at best to perform above their level. He doesn’t do that. It was the wrong appointment. But it doesn’t mean Jose didn’t have some very fair things to say about our squad, and given Kane has been living it for the last two years and is our best player, I will trust anything he says on the meteorology of the rest of them.

I'm sure you'll reply with another thesis but

Lets go back to last summer. Mourinho had a disrupted season.
Even most Jose out people were willing to see how he did with a full season and a proper transfer window.

Not Harry though.
He had no faith in Jose.

We know now definitely that he went to Levy and told him that City were interested and he wanted out.
Levy made the famous gentleman's agreement.

Where was Kane's faith in Mourinho then? Did he not believe Mourinho could inspire this squad. Did he have faith in Mourinho signings?
Instead of leadership. Kane went to Levy demanding a way out 2 years after signing a 6 year contract.

A year later he has pop at the World Cup winning captain of France. The captain of Wales who has won it all. The captain of Ivory Coast an African Cup of Nations Winner.
There are 17 top 5 league in Europe title wins , 5 european trophies, 2 international trophies in our squad.

But these are boys compared to the man Kane.
In Tottenham's greatest moment in the last 20 years he had as much a role as BT Peter Walton.

In Kane's 11 semi finals and finals with Tottenham and England, he has scored 2 goals.

The opportunities were there. He never took them.

Instead of Kane looking for a new challenge. He is looking for an easier challenge.

Back