• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Winks, Dier and Dele would have some front giving an interview to that effect!
The timing is bad, but Kane has said little that hasn’t been suggested by us fans on here. When you are leading the goalscoring and assist charts yet the team are not even in the top 6, you do have a right to question the other links in The nickname that will never catch on.
I still think the trophies bandwagon is a little misnomer, it’s not being in the CL for a second consecutive season that is going to have better players either lose faith in our ability to compete for said trophies or want to join us on the first place.
Agreed, i defo think if we’d got Champions League we’d have had a fighting chance of persuading him to stay.

Winks, Dier and Dele would have some front giving an interview to that effect!
The timing is bad, but Kane has said little that hasn’t been suggested by us fans on here. When you are leading the goalscoring and assist charts yet the team are not even in the top 6, you do have a right to question the other links in The nickname that will never catch on.
I still think the trophies bandwagon is a little misnomer, it’s not being in the CL for a second consecutive season that is going to have better players either lose faith in our ability to compete for said trophies or want to join us on the first place.
Can’t agree that it’s just about CL qualification. Of course the status in that helps, but he’s approached his peak now. We are the only club who consistently had CL football yet won zero. Even Arsenal not being in the CL for five years still managed to win FA Cups in that time. People are constantly on at Harry for not winning things, he sees players not as good as him leave and win trophies - he’s simply got to that point where he’s had enough, it’s not like we are even on the cusp of winning anything. Currently what are Kanes highlights that he will be able to look back on with fondness when he retires?! Can’t think of any, even our greatest night in recent times in Ajax he didn’t play a part in:D He’s an extremely ambitious guy, that much is obvious and coming top 4 wouldn’t persuade him that we are going to start winning things all of a sudden....

I think it is two things that need to be separated. There is a managerial style, and Jose’s has worked to win trophies, and there is who is good enough to win.

Kane isn’t saying Jose’s style is the only way to win, he was comparing him to Poch and explaining what was different. That’s an entirely different argument to the point is he making about needing to feel like he can challenge for the biggest trophies. Plainly Spurs aren’t going to be doing that for another few years. That’s about investment in a calibre of player. No doubt you can win trophies as a system coach or as someone who enables the individual, it’s all just different choices. But they are two slightly separate things here.
Yeah I wasn’t debating the merits of Poch and Mourinho’s style but ultimately when you have the 6th biggest wage in the league it takes an exceptional crop of players and coach to out perform the 5 teams above you and when we did finally get the formula right we let things go stale with the playing squad and are now playing catch up.

Can’t agree that it’s just about CL qualification. Of course the status in that helps, but he’s approached his peak now. We are the only club who consistently had CL football yet won zero. Even Arsenal not being in the CL for five years still managed to win FA Cups in that time. People are constantly on at Harry for not winning things, he sees players not as good as him leave and win trophies - he’s simply got to that point where he’s had enough, it’s not like we are even on the cusp of winning anything. Currently what are Kanes highlights that he will be able to look back on with fondness when he retires?! Can’t think of any, even our greatest night in recent times in Ajax he didn’t play a part in:D He’s an extremely ambitious guy, that much is obvious and coming top 4 wouldn’t persuade him that we are going to start winning things all of a sudden....
It certainly would be a stick to still beat him with but in terms of our overall health as a club the league table is the barometer. I do know if we pick up the league or Fa Cup it will then turn into a CL stick, then winning the league, then winning the CL. Maybe CL or a cup would have delayed this feeling.

I know they weren’t fans of the club but losing Keane and Berbatov after winning the Carling still rankles too.
It is massively frustrating, especially with the Goons last season and Leicester this, as I think we have been really unfortunate that we haven’t managed to pick up a few pots, we never seem to get an easy opponent in the final or the luck to pull off an upset.

We’re the Jimmy White of football!

It certainly would be a stick to still beat him with but in terms of our overall health as a club the league table is the barometer. I do know if we pick up the league or Fa Cup it will then turn into a CL stick, then winning the league, then winning the CL. Maybe CL or a cup would have delayed this feeling.

I know they weren’t fans of the club but losing Keane and Berbatov after winning the Carling still rankles too.
It is massively frustrating, especially with the Goons last season and Leicester this, as I think we have been really unfortunate that we haven’t managed to pick up a few pots, we never seem to get an easy opponent in the final or the luck to pull off an upset.

We’re the Jimmy White of football!

Except every one wanted Jimmy to win if they can't win it. For reasons that are totally beyond me no one wants us to win.

it’s not like we are even on the cusp of winning anything.

Yeah this is the key point and while we could luck out on a domestic cup in the next few years, it is impossible to see us ever winning the league or CL during the rest of his peak years and its those trophies he should be right in the mix for. Hell we cant even win or even get into the EL, which whilst not the biggest trophy it is like the fa cup a historic one.

We will never know what may have happened without the pandemic as the revenues from a fully operational stadium could have seen a big outlay on quality players by now. But the pandemic did happen and we are where we are.

With all that in mind I am coming around to the thinking that we should let him go. Initially from a selfish point of view I wanted to keep him to make watching/going to games at least a little bit worthwhile but it will be a few years before we have the spending power to compete again UNLESS uncle Joe does a loan or something but we all know thats not going to happen.

Still though I say do not sell him to the mancs unless one of them comes up with 200m otherwise as per my post a few pages back we should be on the phone to perez and explaining how them taking kane now for 150m will result in them having kane, mbappe and haaland for just 225m over the next 12 months.

Hell we could even lower the 150m and get people like vinicius junior, isco etc in exchange.

Getting bored of this now, pretty much done what Rose did but was said in a professional / cautious manner.

I think Harry’s lack of faith is with the people at the very top of the club mate as opposed to whichever manager happens to be in charge.

He signed a 6 year deal.

To be honest I reckon we are all assigning more thought to Kane's actions than he did himself.

He is badly advised. His media campaign at the moment is a mess. More people would be on his side if he just sat tight and said nothing.

Saying England was always more important to him than Spurs when England fans have always hated him.

And back in the day the loyal England man's representatives (ie his brother) contacted Martin O'Neill to enquire whether he could declare for Ireland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...pelled-brink-England-says-Martin-O-Neill.html

Yeah this is the key point and while we could luck out on a domestic cup in the next few years, it is impossible to see us ever winning the league or CL during the rest of his peak years and its those trophies he should be right in the mix for. Hell we cant even win or even get into the EL, which whilst not the biggest trophy it is like the fa cup a historic one.

We will never know what may have happened without the pandemic as the revenues from a fully operational stadium could have seen a big outlay on quality players by now. But the pandemic did happen and we are where we are.

With all that in mind I am coming around to the thinking that we should let him go. Initially from a selfish point of view I wanted to keep him to make watching/going to games at least a little bit worthwhile but it will be a few years before we have the spending power to compete again UNLESS uncle Joe does a loan or something but we all know thats not going to happen.

Still though I say do not sell him to the mancs unless one of them comes up with 200m otherwise as per my post a few pages back we should be on the phone to perez and explaining how them taking kane now for 150m will result in them having kane, mbappe and haaland for just 225m over the next 12 months.

Hell we could even lower the 150m and get people like vinicius junior, isco etc in exchange.

I don’t think it’s about any one achievement, winning a cup, qualifying for the CL, in and of itself it doesn’t matter. I think you can tell when a club is ambitious and is going to fight for the biggest things, and you can tell when it is going to be very unlikely. With the decisions we have made and the lack of investment, it’s really obvious where Spurs are, and Kane would need to see a lot different if he actually ended up being happy to stay.

I compare Kane to Steph Curry in the NBA. He is probably the closest thing to Kane over there. Built his career in a franchise that he loves. Worked incredibly hard to attain the level he is at now. And an ultimate team player despite being a superstar. There is not one single hint that Steph wants out, even though the Warriors are missing the play offs for the second consecutive year. Because he knows he’s at a place that wants to fight for titles. They have the biggest luxury tax bill in the league, so their owners put their money where their mouth is. And they back a coach who has won everything to maintain a system and culture that helps them compete. They’re missing the play offs because of a ridiculous amount of injuries, including to Klay Thompson, one of their max players. But no one doubts that the Warriors actually want to compete to win the biggest prize, despite where they are today.

Spurs by comparison is just a bit of a mess. No culture and comparatively less investment than our ‘rivals’, and as such Kane is mentally gone.

Back