• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I know Dier is everyone's boot boy right now, but he is consistently the one player I see shouting, talking, directing and generally trying to get people going. He might not be most people's cup of tea, but he tries to lead and never ever hides.

He has not played well ( neither have a lot of them) but i agree he would be a better Capt then the ones we have been using. He cares and it shows.

Make Skipp captain, job sorted for the next 10 years (only slightly tongue in cheek)
He has shown more balls at Norwich than our current players
Hugo was captain in a World Cup final and had a mare
Kane hasn’t actually done anything of note a smell and captain
In fact international captains are a bit of a joke

Why doesn't he use the word "leaders" then.
He was happy enough to fully against toxic masculinity as part of a branded Harry's Razor marketing campaign a few years ago for money.
Reread the quotes - he did say leaders.
If you want to analyse to a granular level, he also said "Jose wanted us to be men", suggesting he is quoting a phrase from Mourinho.

I hate toxic masculinity, but honestly there is nothing to see here

its good to s
Reread the quotes - he did say leaders.
If you want to analyse to a granular level, he also said "Jose wanted us to be men", suggesting he is quoting a phrase from Mourinho.

I hate toxic masculinity, but honestly there is nothing to see here

The only thing to see is that he never takes any of blame.

I finf it a bit odd that that is three really big decisions that Levy has taken that claims he knew nothing about. And I believe him.
The ESL one I understand, but I'm surprised that Levy didn't at sound out some of the senior players in squad. Hugo and Harry for instance.

Honestly I just think he's just copying Mourinho and now throwing the rest of the players under the bus like Jose has taught him.

If Kane genuinely believed Mourinho was "a winner" then why go to Levy at the end of Mourinho's half a season and ask for a move to Emirates Marketing Project?

Did he not want to win with Mourinho at Tottenham?

Toxic Masculinity's Harry Kane

I know footballers never grow up but it's 2021?
There is nothing inherently male about leadership. I thought that the "man up" flimflam had been binned long ago.
Just because you aren't a leader doesn't mean you aren't a "real man".

Toxic masculinity? Did you actually understand what he said? He is talking about maturity and attitude. You are bringing in feminist jingo into the discussion regarding an all male team. This is one of the most 'woosh' posts I have seen.

Honestly I just think he's just copying Mourinho and now throwing the rest of the players under the bus like Jose has taught him.

If Kane genuinely believed Mourinho was "a winner" then why go to Levy at the end of Mourinho's half a season and ask for a move to Emirates Marketing Project?

I think you are unhappy with Kane because he has called players out. He has every right to seek a move.

You’re just not listening to him. Engage with what he is saying rather than assuming some mal-intent.

Kane, one of the best players in the world, with an elite mentality, had a good relationship with Jose. Kane has in a documentary called out other players’ attitudes as being unacceptable. These same players are now underperforming for Mason. Just as they did for Poch.

I don’t just blame the players, as I think it is more complex than that. I think we need alignment behind a plan. Otherwise we have already failed at whatever we are trying to achieve. But Jose’s whole philosophy is to work with elite players who can handle the pressure and make sure they get over the line in the biggest games. Kane, who believes in his ability and has a relentless desire to improve and be the best, appreciated that.

Jose’s whole thing is encouraging players to take personal responsibility so that in the biggest moments, when he can’t kick the ball for them, they have to execute correctly. That is what Kane means by being men. It is taking responsibility for your performance.

Kane isn’t throwing anyone under the bus. He’s stating facts in a pretty balanced way. Some
of our players are weak minded in the biggest moments, that much is obvious. I thought the Jose appointment was wrong at the time, because we were never going to do what it takes to furnish his squad with players who have elite mentality, because we don’t spend the biggest money. We need a Poch like figure who builds a system and culture that enables us to compete. But while Jose was here, he did the job he knows how to do, and the players who can hack it, our best players who deserve the most praise, performed well. The ones that didn’t were the ones that Jose would have bombed out, in the same way Poch bombed certain players out, if we were actually going to back him.

I think Kane would have been happy to win under Jose at Tottenham, if we were actually going to back Jose. The fact that we didn’t invest in the side from the position of strength is not Kane’s fault. Or Jose’s. It’s that of a chairman that took a gamble that failed horribly because he hired Jose to do something he had never done before - get average, top 6 players at best to perform above their level. He doesn’t do that. It was the wrong appointment. But it doesn’t mean Jose didn’t have some very fair things to say about our squad, and given Kane has been living it for the last two years and is our best player, I will trust anything he says on the mentality of the rest of them.

I actually think Jose would put forward a case that he succeeded or at least was on the path to achieving the goals laid out for him.

As has been said, 4th highest points tally, in the race for 4th and a cup final. He'd argue that with another transfer window or two and the autonomy to bomb out some players he didn't want he'd have us pushing on. The fact that we threw away so many leads, conceded so many late goals would back him up.

A couple more Hojberg mentality players and on the pitch we'd look stronger. He'd binned off Dier and Sissoko, found a role for Lucas, so things were taking shape. The ultra low block had started to ease as well.

The fact that Hugo, Kane and Hojberg have all spoke about mentality within the squad this season also shows about there being buy in from the players that 'matter'.

Frankly I couldn't care less if Winks was upset about not getting games, same with all the others, everybody had an equal chance.

You’re just not listening to him. Engage with what he is saying rather than assuming some mal-intent.

Kane, one of the best players in the world, with an elite meteorology, had a good relationship with Jose. Kane has in a documentary called out other players’ attitudes as being unacceptable. These same players are now underperforming for Mason. Just as they did for Poch.

I don’t just blame the players, as I think it is more complex than that. I think we need alignment behind a plan. Otherwise we have already failed at whatever we are trying to achieve. But Jose’s whole philosophy is to work with elite players who can handle the pressure and make sure they get over the line in the biggest games. Kane, who believes in his ability and has a relentless desire to improve and be the best, appreciated that.

Jose’s whole thing is encouraging players to take personal responsibility so that in the biggest moments, when he can’t kick the ball for them, they have to execute correctly. That is what Kane means by being men. It is taking responsibility for your performance.

Kane isn’t throwing anyone under the bus. He’s stating facts in a pretty balanced way. Some
of our players are weak minded in the biggest moments, that much is obvious. I thought the Jose appointment was wrong at the time, because we were never going to do what it takes to furnish his squad with players who have elite meteorology, because we don’t spend the biggest money. We need a Poch like figure who builds a system and culture that enables us to compete. But while Jose was here, he did the job he knows how to do, and the players who can hack it, our best players who deserve the most praise, performed well. The ones that didn’t were the ones that Jose would have bombed out, in the same way Poch bombed certain players out, if we were actually going to back him.

I think Kane would have been happy to win under Jose at Tottenham, if we were actually going to back Jose. The fact that we didn’t invest in the side from the position of strength is not Kane’s fault. Or Jose’s. It’s that of a chairman that took a gamble that failed horribly because he hired Jose to do something he had never done before - get average, top 6 players at best to perform above their level. He doesn’t do that. It was the wrong appointment. But it doesn’t mean Jose didn’t have some very fair things to say about our squad, and given Kane has been living it for the last two years and is our best player, I will trust anything he says on the meteorology of the rest of them.

A really excellent post.

Toxic masculinity? Did you actually understand what he said? He is talking about maturity and attitude. You are bringing in feminist jingo into the discussion regarding an all male team. This is one of the most 'woosh' posts I have seen.

Did many of these players not "act like men" in Manchester and Amsterdam, in Barcelona, against Madrid? Harry missed a couple of those didn't he.

The win in Amsterdam is not only one of the most courageous Spurs performances ever, it remains a CL classic for eternity.

Mourinho did not invent football "courage"...

Back