• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I do feel this winning stuff and personal responsibility is getting over played a little.

Players who have left us and won something have invariably joined the one the top 3 richest teams in their league. It’s a much easier starting point to overtake 2 better funded teams than 5.

It’s also a little harder for us to pull of cup upsets as there’s something about our stature that means we rarely get under estimated, especially domestically. How many of the failures at the final hurdle have really been in a game where we would be bookies favourite to win?
I see the England semi gets brought up as another blot on Kane’s copybook. How many other players with experience of ‘winning stuff’ were in that team who didn’t influence the result? Do people think that adding Sterling or John Stones would elevate us to title winners?
I think France won the World Cup final in spite of Lloris.
We are in a poor state right now, but it’s due to negligent squad management with some poor purchases, then none at all and now a lack of turnover of the dead wood. Yet you could sell any individual in our squad to Emirates Marketing Project and they will pick up 2 or three trophies next season.

Last edited:
I do feel this winning stuff and personal responsibility is getting over played a little.

Players who have left us and won something have invariably joined the one the top 3 richest teams in their league. It’s a much raise starting point to overtake 2 better funded teams than 5.

It’s also a little harder for us to pull of cup upsets as there’s something about our stature that means we rarely get under estimated, especially domestically. How many of the failures at the final hurdle have really been in a game where we would be bookies favourite to win?
I see the England semi gets brought up as another blot on Kane’s copybook. How many other played with experience of ‘winning stuff’ were in that team who didn’t influence the result. Do people think that adding Sterling or John Stones would elevate us to title winners?
We are in a poor state right now, but it’s due to negligent squad management with some poor purchases, then none at all and now a lack of turnover of the dead wood. Yet you could sell any individual in our squad to Emirates Marketing Project and they will pick up 2 or three trophies next season.

Thing about the other English players is that they aren't bleating to press about how hard done to they are because their team mates aren't good enough for him.

I'm sure you'll reply with another thesis but

Lets go back to last summer. Mourinho had a disrupted season.
Even most Jose out people were willing to see how he did with a full season and a proper transfer window.

Not Harry though.
He had no faith in Jose.

We know now definitely that he went to Levy and told him that City were interested and he wanted out.
Levy made the famous gentleman's agreement.

Where was Kane's faith in Mourinho then? Did he not believe Mourinho could inspire this squad. Did he have faith in Mourinho signings?
Instead of leadership. Kane went to Levy demanding a way out 2 years after signing a 6 year contract.

A year later he has pop at the World Cup winning captain of France. The captain of Wales who has won it all. The captain of Ivory Coast an African Cup of Nations Winner.
There are 17 top 5 league in Europe title wins , 5 european trophies, 2 international trophies in our squad.

But these are boys compared to the man Kane.
In Tottenham's greatest moment in the last 20 years he had as much a role as BT Peter Walton.

In Kane's 11 semi finals and finals with Tottenham and England, he has scored 2 goals.

The opportunities were there. He never took them.

Instead of Kane looking for a new challenge. He is looking for an easier challenge.

Ouch. Thesis.

I think it’s much more likely that Harry had no faith in Spurs. I mean, he’s literally saying he had no problem with Jose, and all of the decent journos connected to the club said Kane liked him.

Kane is not slagging off Hugo. There are for sure going to be a few players in the squad that had the stuff he was talking about, and a lot didn’t.

I don’t really get your sensitivity to what he is saying. He is talking specifically about Jose’s managerial approach, the idea of ‘being men’ is taking personal responsibility, which is a fairly well documented part of Jose’s style and always has been. Kane is saying some people were suited to it, some people weren’t.

I think Kane lost faith that Spurs would sign the players that could genuinely challenge consistently. With or without Jose, he would be thinking that about the club. And given he says he and Jose saw things the same way, I bet they agreed on this point.

Kane is just making a very fair and balanced statement about different managerial styles and why some worked and some didn’t. He fully deserves to go to a club that will challenge for the biggest trophies. He is way better than ‘challenging for the Champions League’.

Players who have left us and won something have invariably joined the one the top 3 richest teams in their league. It’s a much raise starting point to overtake 2 better funded teams than 5.

I see the England semi gets brought up as another blot on Kane’s copybook. How many other played with experience of ‘winning stuff’ were in that team who didn’t influence the result. Do people think that adding Sterling or John Stones would elevate us to title winners?

I think it is two things that need to be separated. There is a managerial style, and Jose’s has worked to win trophies, and there is who is good enough to win.

Kane isn’t saying Jose’s style is the only way to win, he was comparing him to Poch and explaining what was different. That’s an entirely different argument to the point is he making about needing to feel like he can challenge for the biggest trophies. Plainly Spurs aren’t going to be doing that for another few years. That’s about investment in a calibre of player. No doubt you can win trophies as a system coach or as someone who enables the individual, it’s all just different choices. But they are two slightly separate things here.

Agree in general but the other big 6 still find a way to win trophies despite the obvious dominance of City. Look at Arsenal last season, they were bang average yet still won the FA Cup beating Emirates Marketing Project on the way. Some of our teams were over the past few years have been far better, yet we have always found a way to mess it up....

Agree in general but the other big 6 still find a way to win trophies despite the obvious dominance of City. Look at Arsenal last season, they were bang average yet still won the FA Cup beating Emirates Marketing Project on the way. Some of our teams were over the past few years have been far better, yet we have always found a way to mess it up....

We always have an excuse.

Alternatively, the individuals involved go to clubs which have lots of players with the right meteorology (and structures which are primarily about ensuring success on the pitch) and they learn from them.
They go to clubs who have a larger number of good players. At our very, very best we had 11 good players and cover at right and left back. The drop offs everywhere else were very large, hence we suffer more than the true big clubs when we have injuries, suspensions and loss of form from a first team player. We are also likely to be more fatigued than the true big clubs come the business end of the season when the trophies are decided.

The clubs that our big players have gone to are the clubs that go all out to win, putting building a squad of good players above all else. That’s why they actually end up winning. We build a squad to ‘compete’ that’s why we sometimes end up competing but not winning. The chairman even said this in his and of year statement, it was telling that he talked about competing instead of winning. We are not a club that is built to win.... unlike Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Inter Milan or whichever other clubs our best players have gone to or wanted to go to so that they could give themselves the best possible chance of winning trophies.

Last edited:
Every single professional footballer and especially those playing at the highest level possess infinite amounts of 'winning mentality' - the single minded focus to break into what amounts to about 5% of their peers who even make it into the elite funnel is incredible.

From that point onwards they are part of a team environment - to apply this nebulous concept of 'winning mentality' against an individual player is incredibly flawed. I don't even think you can apply to it a manager - those managers who are credited with instilling a 'winning mentality' often, by coincidence seem to have very good players too.

Lost earnings ??

Manchester United are ready to table a huge offer to bring Kane to Old Trafford. United's offer would compensate Kane for any lost earnings at Spurs

I'm sure you'll reply with another thesis but

Lets go back to last summer. Mourinho had a disrupted season.
Even most Jose out people were willing to see how he did with a full season and a proper transfer window.

Not Harry though.
He had no faith in Jose.

We know now definitely that he went to Levy and told him that City were interested and he wanted out.
Levy made the famous gentleman's agreement.

Where was Kane's faith in Mourinho then? Did he not believe Mourinho could inspire this squad. Did he have faith in Mourinho signings?
Instead of leadership. Kane went to Levy demanding a way out 2 years after signing a 6 year contract.

A year later he has pop at the World Cup winning captain of France. The captain of Wales who has won it all. The captain of Ivory Coast an African Cup of Nations Winner.
There are 17 top 5 league in Europe title wins , 5 european trophies, 2 international trophies in our squad.

But these are boys compared to the man Kane.
In Tottenham's greatest moment in the last 20 years he had as much a role as BT Peter Walton.

In Kane's 11 semi finals and finals with Tottenham and England, he has scored 2 goals.

The opportunities were there. He never took them.

Instead of Kane looking for a new challenge. He is looking for an easier challenge.
I think Harry’s lack of faith is with the people at the very top of the club mate as opposed to whichever manager happens to be in charge.

Thing about the other English players is that they aren't bleating to press about how hard done to they are because their team mates aren't good enough for him.
Winks, Dier and Dele would have some front giving an interview to that effect!
The timing is bad, but Kane has said little that hasn’t been suggested by us fans on here. When you are leading the goalscoring and assist charts yet the team are not even in the top 6, you do have a right to question the other links in the chain.
I still think the trophies bandwagon is a little misnomer, it’s not being in the CL for a second consecutive season that is going to have better players either lose faith in our ability to compete for said trophies or want to join us on the first place.

Back