• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There was a very key moment today.
Kane got the ball about 40 yards out with only field in front of him.
Three soton defenders to his side/in front of him.
Kane of a few years ago (who wasn't quick, but had enough) would have accelerated away, two touches and shoot. Goal.

Today, it looked like he was in reverse. The three defenders easily caught up and the chance was gone.
Almost every other striker in the league would have left them for dead (and then fluffed the shot). Kane can't get away from defenders anymore on anything he does. He ability to run directly and get a good long shot away were his biggest attribute.
He is sluggish now, so requires perfect delivery. Almost like a 37 year old.

I would sell and build a good attacking unit - we can't rely on one player.

Agreed. Tbf to Poch he did try a number of times over the years, including the goalscorer today who opted for Liverpool's well-paid bench instead of ours.

Berahino, Martial, Sane, Mane, Keita Balde, before we then settled for Llorente. Of course once we let him go, we didn't really try and replace him (before anyone says Dybala, we didn't actually go out and tryu and buy him because of actually having a strategy, more like Juve tried to flog him to us to save some money off their large wage bill).

As we can see, our board are better at building up real estate portfolios rather than top level football squads...

Our board have played their part in building and rebuilding several good to great squads - let's not lose sight of the fact we have come very far on the pitch over the last 15 years and you don't do that without owners making the right decisions.

The way the current squad has been neglected and allowed to crumble is a major fudge up though and rebuilding it to a point whereby we get back to and then surpass the levels we were at will be their biggest challenge.

Kane of a few years ago (who wasn't quick, but had enough) would have accelerated away, two touches and shoot. Goal.

Today, it looked like he was in reverse. The three defenders easily caught up and the chance was gone.
Almost every other striker in the league would have left them for dead (and then fluffed the shot). Kane can't get away from defenders anymore on anything he does. He ability to run directly and get a good long shot away were his biggest attribute.

If i was Kane i'd probably want to leave. He is plenty good enough in a team that has good coaching and legs around him. See his form for England. He'd be lethal in Pep or Klopp's set-ups.
We shouldn't have to be so reliant on one player, but sadly, our squad planning and management has been poor.
Also, do you REALLY trust THFC's board to 'sell and rebuild'?

Hahahaha...

Your post reminded me, albeit with a different outcome, of the time Kane made Van Dijk look a bit brick..

I don't agree we should choose to sell him but I can see it being a real possibility next summer that he will ask to leave.

Anyone willingly selling Kane is an idiot

Probably mentally preparing themselves for his departure to pretend we don’t need him. Same jilted lover nonsense that got spouted when Walker left and people claimed we didn’t miss him. Or when people said Sanchez was better than Toby when Toby wouldn’t sign a new deal.

How can a club with aspirations to win the big prizes, not have one center forward on the subs bench.
Come in Daniel Levy. I cannot possibly fathom how and why the club thinks we have the right to defy logic and not have a proper back-up striker in the squad.

How can a club with aspirations to win the big prizes, not have one center forward on the subs bench.
Come in Daniel Levy. I cannot possibly fathom how and why the club thinks we have the right to defy logic and not have a proper back-up striker in the squad.

The backup is suspended?

The backup is suspended?

Not renewing Llorente's contract at the end of last year looks really stupid given we didnt sign another CF. Granted he wasnt a world-beater, however it continued the trend of Spurs continually trying to stretch the squad that little bit further...similar to changing Walker for Aurier, not replacing Trippier, having two inexperienced CBs covering Alderweireld and Jan, not replacing Dembele, being content with Gazzaniga as our back-up keeper, not replacing Vorm etc etc.

All actions which stretched the squad a little bit further; problem is that the cumulative impact eventually becomes too much

Not renewing Llorente's contract at the end of last year looks really stupid given we didnt sign another CF. Granted he wasnt a world-beater, however it continued the trend of Spurs continually trying to stretch the squad that little bit further...similar to changing Walker for Aurier, not replacing Trippier, having two inexperienced CBs covering Alderweireld and Jan, not replacing Dembele, being content with Gazzaniga as our back-up keeper, not replacing Vorm etc etc.

All actions which stretched the squad a little bit further; problem is that the cumulative impact eventually becomes too much

Dan does like bargain......I bet he saves his supermarket vouchers!
I'm a big Levy fan so Im sticking with finatial matters are tight due to the stadium. But its tough to take at times.

891.jpg

To be fair at that point we didn’t know we’d have a manager in now who’s main tactic is to hoof it up long. That was utterly embarrassing towards the end of the Southampton game.

To be fair at that point we didn’t know we’d have a manager in now who’s main tactic is to hoof it up long. That was utterly embarrassing towards the end of the Southampton game.

No, but we did know we had a player who massively affected our season positively when needed last season. It was foolish!

Back