• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Harry mentions wanting to win the FA Cup in the article about us needing to win trophies to keep him with us.

And yes we did win the League Cup in 2008 but with not a particularly good side, however it left a lasting memory with the fans, which is what football is about. That side wasn't the best, but many other clubs have found that winning a domestic cup was the starting block to bigger things. United's first trophy under Fergie was the FA Cup, Mourinho's at Chelsea was the League Cup.
I don't buy either of those. It took United another three seasons to win the League Title after that FA Cup win. Chelsea were already well on their way to becoming runaway League Champions the season the won the League Cup.

Arsenal are a very different example actually. Their players that want out - Sanchez, Ozil etc have won it all previously and so just winning an FA Cup is a backwards step. Most of our players likely to want to leave havent won any trophies yet, the likes of Dele,Dier,Kane etc so an FA Cup etc is likely to satisfy them for the short term at least as they very much have time on their side....

Personally i dont think in an either or situation that a cup would keep them satisfied any longer than a repeat of the league performances of the past couple of seasons tbqh

What will keep players around, imo, is a sense that they can achieve 'big' things here - challenging for the title to me would be a bigger sign that we can go on to win it (and other trophies) the following year, moreso than winning a cup and being way off the pace in the league.

No reason why we cant take the cups seriously whilst going strong in the league though and i would say that a final in the league cup and a semi in the FA Cup in the past 3 seasons is not bad going.

Last edited:
I dont buy into this at all. Of course whilst he's playing in the PL hes going to want to break that record, but I havent heard anything from him to suggest thats some sort of burning desire. Real Madrid/Barcelona come in for him in a couple of years time and he goes 'No thanks, I want to score more goals that Shearer did in the PL'. Nah.....

Well I think the closer he gets the bigger the temptation will be to stay in the PL to break it. That doesn't necessarily mean he will be doing it at Spurs. Imho in a few years time if he has continued to score the goals at his current rate there will only be one club with the unlimited resources needed who will be able afford to buy him. He could be the first 500 million pound player the way transfer fees are going. Emirates Marketing Project will be a very realistic option for both Harry and Levy. Harry will have the goals, trophies, financial rewards and Levy will get the very highest transfer fee possible.

I said we need to win trophies 'soon' deliberately because I wasnt alluding to him leaving us this season. But Kane like all players would want to look back on winning trophies and yes I do think he'd be more satisfied with winning an FA Cup or two over just participating in the CL with the occassional good result against a big club. Personally think he would seriously think about leaving in two or three years time when he's approaching his peak if we still have failed to win a trophy or two....

And i fear he will not be the only one who feels that way.

I said we need to win trophies 'soon' deliberately because I wasnt alluding to him leaving us this season. But Kane like all players would want to look back on winning trophies and yes I do think he'd be more satisfied with winning an FA Cup or two over just participating in the CL with the occassional good result against a big club. Personally think he would seriously think about leaving in two or three years time when he's approaching his peak if we still have failed to win a trophy or two....

This would only go to underline what a excellent professional he is.
If we don't win something and show improvement who could blame him!

This would only go to underline what a excellent professional he is.
If we don't win something and show improvement who could blame him!
I can think pf half a dozen people here who would spit out the dummy, throw the rattle out of the pram, throw the baby out with the the bath water, kick the dog, stab the cat in the rectum with a meat thermometer, hold their breath until they were sick, punch a wall, eat a bucket of fried chicken and 6 kebabs and descend into a negative spiral.

I can think pf half a dozen people here who would spit out the dummy, throw the rattle out of the pram, throw the baby out with the the bath water, kick the dog, stab the cat in the rectum with a meat thermometer, hold their breath until they were sick, punch a wall, eat a bucket of fried chicken and 6 kebabs and descend into a negative spiral.

And all before breakfast

Unfortunately I have a feeling it is only a matter of time until he does go there. He will be the most expensive player in history, and be at the number 1 or 2 club in the world. Where are we, 15th? We all saw this exact same scenario with Bale. Rumour started, heads were turned and then a bid was submitted.

He will be more or less guaranteed a trophy or 2 during his 4 year contract and will be playing Champions League football EVERY year rather than maybe every year. He will also triple his current salary and have a far more global fanbase than he has now. He would also go down in the history books of winning things and lets face it, he probably wont win things at Spurs until the money at City, Chelsea stops and the Ar5enal demise is in full swing. Oh and there's United and Liverpool in there too.

I would jump at the chance to learn a new language and culture and play in sunny spain, but part of me would want to stay at Spurs all my life but that's from me being a fan. I have no idea what I would do if I was a professional on £100k. I'd say that was enough for me, but would being the highest paid or one of the highest paid sportsman in the world and playing for the biggest club in the world turn my head? Probably. I could do a lot more good in the world with more money.

I do hope that he stays and wins stuff at Spurs, but lets face it, Real normally get what they want and if not this summer, then they will most likely get him in the summer of 2019. I think Levy will keep him for the new stadium and as long as he keeps on scoring then his value will keep on going up, but part of it is whether the player wants to go. Once that happens then the outcome is inevitable.

While I expect him to eventually leave us for a club as big as Madrid I will be shocked if he does not lead us into our new stadium next season

Unless we win back to back premier league titles, Champions league, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, And community shields ... he will always be in the press.

We are all different with our own goals, ambitions and levels of self worth.
Personally I would see winning trophies at somewhere like spurs as more of a personal achievement than going to a super club and winning them.
It would always be a nagging doubt that I won those trophies because I was playing with the best money could buy, not because of my own talent.
Trophies don't prove that much n my mind. Plenty great players never won much.

Personally I would see winning trophies at somewhere like spurs as more of a personal achievement than going to a super club and winning them.
It would always be a nagging doubt that I won those trophies because I was playing with the best money could buy, not because of my own talent.

Likewise Ben Watson scored a winning goal in a cup final and can say that for the rest of his life

Shearer maybe, 10 plus years ago. Now it’s all about the trophies. Sad but true state of affairs, especially for those top players.

Diario Gol reports that Kane has decided he wants the no 10 shirt at Real Madrid and has asked for £10.6m a year (€12m) to leave Spurs. The North London club are believed to have set a price tag of £132m (€150m).

According to some Spanish journalist quoted in Don Balon: "Real Madrid's plan in the summer is to get rid of Benzema. They are going to bring Kane in the summer, it is already very advanced, and the idea is to bring Eden Hazard too, and we can not rule out the possibility of Courtois coming too"

Diario Gol reports that Kane has decided he wants the no 10 shirt at Real Madrid and has asked for £10.6m a year (€12m) to leave Spurs. The North London club are believed to have set a price tag of £132m (€150m).

According to some Spanish journalist quoted in Don Balon: "Real Madrid's plan in the summer is to get rid of Benzema. They are going to bring Kane in the summer, it is already very advanced, and the idea is to bring Eden Hazard too, and we can not rule out the possibility of Courtois coming too"

I’d believe more of it was sung by Dario G

Back