• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I recall seeing figures that demonstrate the proportion of our revenues spent on wages is roughly the same, % wise, as that of the clubs around us. So it’s not necessarily our model that is at fault, as the same principle is applied by our closest competitors. We would need to either change our wages-to-revenue gearing (which may not be fiscally prudent) or find ways to increase revenues (without being able to resort to financial doping). The latter is evidently in hand, firstly with the increased tv deal but also with extra money from CL participation as well of course as the expected increased revenue streams that will come with the new stadium. It’s likely never going to be enough to match what the likes of City, Utd or Cheatski pay (unless we change the ratio significantly). We can only hope that it will be sufficient.
ICYMI, our wages to turnover ratio is one of the lowest in the league; although most 2016/17 figures have yet to be announced... agree with the rest of your post though.

ICYMI, our wages to turnover ratio is one of the lowest in the league; although most 2016/17 figures have yet to be announced... agree with the rest of your post though.

Thanks. In the one I remembered (with more clubs stats being based on 2014/2015) we were not massively out of kilter with Utd, City, Woolwich and Liverpool - in terms of ratio.
If anything those figures might show that we have some wriggle room to pay more.
I also read an interview where Donna Cullen said our bonus payment system is up there with the best (though I assume bonuses are included in the overal wages figures).

But back to Kane. I have absolutely no doubt that he will get a very significant hike in wages. Levy is not stupid and knows his value to the club goes beyond what he does on the pitch.

said it the other day, the madrid press are all over Kane, only time before they put in a bid
we need him signed up to long term contract, as least we can them get a shed load of money

said it the other day, the madrid press are all over Kane, only time before they put in a bid
we need him signed up to long term contract, as least we can them get a shed load of money

He’s already contracted to 2020 isn’t he? And there’ll be a new deal by the summer I’m sure.
We only need to worry if and when Kane himself starts agitating for a move. And there’s no sense that is going to happen any time soon.

Afaia his current contract is until 2022, so even if he does not sign an upgrade this summer - something you'd expect he's certain to do - no way is Levy letting him go anywhere for less than every last euro the market can possibly bear.

But from everything we hear and know about our Harry, it seems like he is determined to stay at Tottenham at least until we've had one full season at NWHL and - all else being equal - a fair few seasons beyond that too.

Harry seems to want to break Shearer's PL goal record. He will find it hard to do that if joins Real Madrid in the next couple of years.

Harry will stay in the PL imo.

Kane seems someone who has tremendous self belief and im sure he sees himself getting better and better over his career - as long as we remain competitive and he and the team continue to improve i don't think he'll be in any rush to leave - previous players who have left us i would think probably wondered if the moves they were offered were their last chance for such a step up whereas Kane should remain in demand for a very long time (meaning he can bide his time)

Everyone has a price as we have seen but I think that anything kane or poch says will be misconstrued to sell papers.

Let's add a little perspective to this quote...

What has been said, to my eyes anyway, is that THIS season, getting in the CL is THE most important thing. Winning the FA Cup and finishing outside the CL spots is not going to keep Harry Kane at the club for long. Getting in the top 4 again this season and going into a new stadium with significantly greater cashflow and sponsorship money which will allow us to pay our players at rate AND invest in a side which will win trophies AND be in the CL will keep him. Genuine question; do you think Kane would be satisfied with a Carabou Cup? An FA Cup? No. I don't disagree that we need to start winning trophies, but when people take things out of context, I think it's a disservice personally mate.
I said we need to win trophies 'soon' deliberately because I wasnt alluding to him leaving us this season. But Kane like all players would want to look back on winning trophies and yes I do think he'd be more satisfied with winning an FA Cup or two over just participating in the CL with the occassional good result against a big club. Personally think he would seriously think about leaving in two or three years time when he's approaching his peak if we still have failed to win a trophy or two....

I think we called his bluff with the new deal. Says he can see himself as a one club man, offer him 200k a week and now he waivers. Said with slight humor but in all seriousness can see the club striking after his comments to get him tied down.

This has the smell of a Modric and Bale situation for me, broker a deal that fits all

Harry seems to want to break Shearer's PL goal record. He will find it hard to do that if joins Real Madrid in the next couple of years.

Harry will stay in the PL imo.
I dont buy into this at all. Of course whilst he's playing in the PL hes going to want to break that record, but I havent heard anything from him to suggest thats some sort of burning desire. Real Madrid/Barcelona come in for him in a couple of years time and he goes 'No thanks, I want to score more goals that Shearer did in the PL'. Nah.....

I said we need to win trophies 'soon' deliberately because I wasnt alluding to him leaving us this season. But Kane like all players would want to look back on winning trophies and yes I do think he'd be more satisfied with winning an FA Cup or two over just participating in the CL with the occassional good result against a big club. Personally think he would seriously think about leaving in two or three years time when he's approaching his peak if we still have failed to win a trophy or two....

I dont think domestic cups will be enough to satisfy his appetite either - we'll need to be winning leagues to keep talents like Kane happy as the best players in the world want the big prizes and until we are winning league titles and looking a real threat in Europe we will always struggle to hold on to our stars.

Last edited:
I dont think domestic cups will be enough to satisfy his appetite either - we'll need to be winning leagues to keep talents like Kane happy as the best players in the world want the big prizes and until we are winning league titles and looking a real threat in Europe we will always struggle to hold on to our stars.

Exactly, no one stayed at a club because of an FA Cup win.

For me we need to get top 4 this season.

Yeah of course, just meant as a starting block.....

Just have to look at Arsenal - 3 FA Cups in 4 years and playing under the competitions most succesful manager and yet their star players want out...
Arsenal are a very different example actually. Their players that want out - Sanchez, Ozil etc have won it all previously and so just winning an FA Cup is a backwards step. Most of our players likely to want to leave havent won any trophies yet, the likes of Dele,Dier,Kane etc so an FA Cup etc is likely to satisfy them for the short term at least as they very much have time on their side....

Harry mentions wanting to win the FA Cup in the article about us needing to win trophies to keep him with us.

And yes we did win the League Cup in 2008 but with not a particularly good side, however it left a lasting memory with the fans, which is what football is about. That side wasn't the best, but many other clubs have found that winning a domestic cup was the starting block to bigger things. United's first trophy under Fergie was the FA Cup, Mourinho's at Chelsea was the League Cup.

Back