• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

As expected, we need to win trophies soon if Kane is to stay. He’s clearly ambitious and could easily play for one of the best clubs in the world. Hardly a revelation, but for some reason some on here insisted it’s not about trophies - just getting in the CL will do. Not for the top players....

The sad thing is that people will defend Levy's stance in not paying players like Kane the going rate....
If he ends up leaving due to "low" wages, then no they won't. But Levy should try and keep our wage bill as low as possible for as long as possible, without mugging off the players. Wages won't come down again.

Like the comments attributed to Harry, that he will not stay if we do not win things!
Money alone will not cut it! Bravo Harry!

As expected, we need to win trophies soon if Kane is to stay. He’s clearly ambitious and could easily play for one of the best clubs in the world. Hardly a revelation, but for some reason some on here insisted it’s not about trophies - just getting in the CL will do. Not for the top players....

They will not listen.

Nice to see our star player is getting global recognition, which should help Levy secure some even juicier sponsorship deals for the new gaff...
Whilst "listening to" the game yesterday, I pondered many things, such as whether I should spend my life waiting for Spurs games and then feeling bored by them...

I also thought of a new marketing campaign for Spurs, a range of blue and white walking sticks called the Harry Cane, complete with concealed bayonet.

Whilst "listening to" the game yesterday, I pondered many things, such as whether I should spend my life waiting for Spurs games and then feeling bored by them...

I also thought of a new marketing campaign for Spurs, a range of blue and white walking sticks called the Harry Cane, complete with concealed bayonet.

You sounded like I felt yesterday.

People need to realise that paying Harry £200K will not solve our fundamental problem. We need to be able to be competitive if we want to attract top players to help win the league. If we continue to buy 20/21 year old youngsters Harry will not hang around for them to mature.

Outside Ronaldo and Messi I would suggest Harry is the best striker in the world and as much as he loves Spurs he wants to win titles and I do not blame him

The only club that can compete with City is United and their managers is moaning they won't spend enough. Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool need 3 or 4 top players like us. Are there that many top players available to satisfy us all?

I recall seeing figures that demonstrate the proportion of our revenues spent on wages is roughly the same, % wise, as that of the clubs around us. So it’s not necessarily our model that is at fault, as the same principle is applied by our closest competitors. We would need to either change our wages-to-revenue gearing (which may not be fiscally prudent) or find ways to increase revenues (without being able to resort to financial doping). The latter is evidently in hand, firstly with the increased tv deal but also with extra money from CL participation as well of course as the expected increased revenue streams that will come with the new stadium. It’s likely never going to be enough to match what the likes of City, Utd or Cheatski pay (unless we change the ratio significantly). We can only hope that it will be sufficient.

I recall seeing figures that demonstrate the proportion of our revenues spent on wages is roughly the same, % wise, as that of the clubs around us. So it’s not necessarily our model that is at fault, as the same principle is applied by our closest competitors. We would need to either change our wages-to-revenue gearing (which may not be fiscally prudent) or find ways to increase revenues (without being able to resort to financial doping). The latter is evidently in hand, firstly with the increased tv deal but also with extra money from CL participation as well of course as the expected increased revenue streams that will come with the new stadium. It’s likely never going to be enough to match what the likes of City, Utd or Cheatski pay (unless we change the ratio significantly). We can only hope that it will be sufficient.

Our ratio was quite low last time I looked and lower than the likes of Chelsea for example even though they cook their books

With the extra turnover from the new Tv deal, higher commercial revenue and the new ground I’d fully expect us at the end of next season to have increased our turnover by £100m

I genuinely think that Harry is one of the minority in Football, to the point where trophies and medals far outweigh his salary. He’s a grafter, he knows he doesn’t need an extra x % on top of a decent wage, he rightly, wants something to show for it, like his collection of hatrick match balls.
We need to win something, simple as that. Not so simple to do.. appreciated.

Increased income means that you can allocate a higher percentage to wages, as the other expenses stay pretty much the same, regardless of income.

Let's add a little perspective to this quote...

What has been said, to my eyes anyway, is that THIS season, getting in the CL is THE most important thing. Winning the FA Cup and finishing outside the CL spots is not going to keep Harry Kane at the club for long. Getting in the top 4 again this season and going into a new stadium with significantly greater cashflow and sponsorship money which will allow us to pay our players at rate AND invest in a side which will win trophies AND be in the CL will keep him. Genuine question; do you think Kane would be satisfied with a Carabou Cup? An FA Cup? No. I don't disagree that we need to start winning trophies, but when people take things out of context, I think it's a disservice personally mate.

Let's add a little perspective to this quote...

What has been said, to my eyes anyway, is that THIS season, getting in the CL is THE most important thing. Winning the FA Cup and finishing outside the CL spots is not going to keep Harry Kane at the club for long. Getting in the top 4 again this season and going into a new stadium with significantly greater cashflow and sponsorship money which will allow us to pay our players at rate AND invest in a side which will win trophies AND be in the CL will keep him. Genuine question; do you think Kane would be satisfied with a Carabou Cup? An FA Cup? No. I don't disagree that we need to start winning trophies, but when people take things out of context, I think it's a disservice personally mate.

Back