• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Hate that expression, it is used by the mainly thick people in football because they think it makes them sound clever. Why do people just talk gonads all the time. I had so many people telling me that the period between 25th of December and New Years was an awkward time of the year that I had to tell them to fcuk off in the end.
Always makes me think that sports commentators should find a job that doesn't require them to use words to describe sports when I hear it.

When you add amazing assist like that to his mind blowing goal scoring stats there is no way I cannot say he is the best striker I have ever seen play for us. I am not old enough to have seen Greaves but this this is something special.

Sky would be jizzing if that had been a Messi or Kevin De Bruyne assist
Or playing for United

Wages, wages, wages. And no perspective whatsoever.

The last thing I read, Kane is paid £110.000 a week + bonuses. That's pretty superstar to me. Just because there are financially doped clubs throwing three times that amount at inferior players, doesn't mean Kane is on a low salary. I wish journalists would stop taking the easy route and add that bit of perspective to their writing; asking questions about the direction in which football is going financially, how skyrocketing wages affect the game, players and fans, and whether a wage cap or other means to limit the influence of money on the modern game would make the game better and more competitive.

Anyways, is Kane fit for tonight?

I highlighted those elements in your post because money also finds its way into the pockets of journalists to write or broadcast with a slanted perspective.

If money isn't given directly to a journalist, it likely arrives in other forms of benefits, such as exclusive access to a player or information.

Indirectly, journos are made aware of the benefits of writing or broadcasting to the desired perspective when informed of how jobs are being sustained because of special advertising in their publications or networks. In return for sustained ad revenues, editors are told to produce, and follow up, stories with a particular perspective in mind. Editors will turn to trusted journalists to deliver these articles and it all becomes part of money corrupting football.

The clubs are quite happy to manipulate circumstances to their own benefit. Spurs are no exception. Just look at how many player interviews or situational reports make mention of a particular Spurs community relations initiative. This is a mandatory requirement the news entity agrees to in advance of being granted the interview. It's not a horrible concession to make nor is it as repugnant as a cash backhander, but it is another example of money influencing how the game is presented to the public.

I highlighted those elements in your post because money also finds its way into the pockets of journalists to write or broadcast with a slanted perspective.

If money isn't given directly to a journalist, it likely arrives in other forms of benefits, such as exclusive access to a player or information.

Indirectly, journos are made aware of the benefits of writing or broadcasting to the desired perspective when informed of how jobs are being sustained because of special advertising in their publications or networks. In return for sustained ad revenues, editors are told to produce, and follow up, stories with a particular perspective in mind. Editors will turn to trusted journalists to deliver these articles and it all becomes part of money corrupting football.

The clubs are quite happy to manipulate circumstances to their own benefit. Spurs are no exception. Just look at how many player interviews or situational reports make mention of a particular Spurs community relations initiative. This is a mandatory requirement the news entity agrees to in advance of being granted the interview. It's not a horrible concession to make nor is it as repugnant as a cash backhander, but it is another example of money influencing how the game is presented to the public.
Very good post, I agree fully.

There are other factors that influence the media to report as they do. One of the biggest I think is simply the size audience or readership. Doing more on the bigger teams just makes sense.

Either way the best thing to do is just to ignore the crap journalism as much as possible. It's annoying when commentators and in studio pundits are terrible because I pretty much have to listen to them. But in game in Norway at least there's no shortage of praise for Kane and the rest of our lads.

I saw that Diego Costa scored for Atletico today, and went to check out his Wikipedia page, and hey presto, another funny Kane-stat: Diego Costa scored 59 goals in his three full seasons with Chelski - which is only three more goals than Kane scored in 2018. :p

I saw that Diego Costa scored for Atletico today, and went to check out his Wikipedia page, and hey presto, another funny Kane-stat: Diego Costa scored 59 goals in his three full seasons with Chelski - which is only three more goals than Kane scored in 2018. :p
2017 even. ;)

Then again, maybe you've travelled back in time?

Hate that expression, it is used by the mainly thick people in football because they think it makes them sound clever. Why do people just talk gonads all the time. I had so many people telling me that the period between 25th of December and New Years was an awkward time of the year that I had to tell them to fcuk off in the end.
You mean Twixmas?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...am-set-make-Kane-highest-paid-Englishman.html

Tottenham ready to smash wage ceiling to make Harry Kane the highest paid English star in the Premier League on £200,000 a week
  • Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane earns a basic salary of £110,000-a-week
  • His wage sees him joint 35th in the list of highest paid Premier League stars
  • Spurs are ready to splash out a £200,000-a-week deal for the 24-year-old
  • Kane is set to overtake Raheem Sterling to become the highest paid Englishman
  • The new deal would propel him into the top 10 highest paid players in the league

Kane is set to overtake Raheem Sterling to become the highest paid Englishman
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Even if true, he'll still need to move to a 'big' club to realise his potential. #neverenough

I'm sure they'll move on to the "he needs to be winning trophies" agenda first, then they'll push the "wages are too low for a proven winner" narrative if we actually win silverware, coupled with opinion pieces (aren't they all) about how big name players must play for big name clubs.

Back