• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Where did i knock his ability as a pundit? what i was saying is that like most pundits he talks a good game. Actually doing it from a mangers perspective is a different ball game.

His current job is as a pundit and the column being quoted is written in that capacity. His stint at Valencia is irrelevant to that.

It's Neville's offensive arrogance that going to United will always be the natural order of things that gets me most. As I understand it, we are on a journey to challenge the assumed natural order of things. We want to go toe to toe with the Uniteds, the Citys, the Chelscums rather than allow them to keep us in our place.

Who knows what will happen in the future, maybe Poch will leave unexpectedly, maybe Kane will eventually succumb to the allure of one of the present day big boys, or maybe Levi at some point will deem it makes best sense once he's reached a certain age to cash in.

But as things stand right now I believe our ambition is to do everything we can to retain both Poch and Kane, as well as all our star players for as long as they can be persuaded to stay in order to to continue to build on our project until such time as maybe we win the League and the CL and are better placed to combat their allure on less of an unequal footing.

If Neville was truly an insightful pundit he should at least have acknowledged that that might be part of the narrative. But no, his red-tinted specs are blinding him and diminishing any respect he might otherwise garnish for his objectivity.

I prefer Carragher, he's more honest, less bothered about what people think of his opinions.

Last edited:
Turns out that he made the comments at Hotel Football, presumably in a Q&A, so probably not entirely thought through. I think that we shouldn't read anything more into them than him saying that he is unattainable in the short term but ManU should try to get him in a few years time.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/neville-united-buying-harry-kane-would-be-like-buying-gold/

If he leaves at some point in the future, I think it would take a world record fee.

Turns out that he made the comments at Hotel Football, presumably in a Q&A, so probably not entirely thought through. I think that we shouldn't read anything more into them than him saying that he is unattainable in the short term but ManU should try to get him in a few years time.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/neville-united-buying-harry-kane-would-be-like-buying-gold/

If he leaves at some point in the future, I think it would take a world record fee.

And In a few years time the price certainly will not be £150 mil ... It's not even the price today

Last edited:
So is Kane likely to start tomorrow after his recent illness? And vs West Ham too? This is very important, as he's my fantasy captain.

It's Neville's offensive arrogance that going to United will always be the natural order of things that gets me most. As I understand it, we are on a journey to challenge the assumed natural order of things. We want to go toe to toe with the Uniteds, the Citys, the Chelscums rather than allow them to keep us in our place.

Who knows what will happen in the future, maybe Poch will leave unexpectedly, maybe Kane will eventually succumb to the allure of one of the present day big boys, or maybe Levi at some point will deem it makes best sense once he's reached a certain age to cash in.

But as things stand right now I believe our ambition is to do everything we can to retain both Poch and Kane, as well as all our star players for as long as they can be persuaded to stay in order to to continue to build on our project until such time as maybe we win the League and the CL and are better placed to combat their allure on less of an unequal footing.

If Neville was truly an insightful pundit he should at least have acknowledged that that might be part of the narrative. But no, his red-tinted specs are blinding him and diminishing any respect he might otherwise garnish for his objectivity.

I prefer Carragher, he's more honest, less bothered about what people think of his opinions.

4 seasons time is the time to cash in on Kane when at 28 he would still command a big fee and Clubs would think he is still world class, but his legs will be almost gone after 8 years playing as a lone striker. I am a romantic and would not actually sell Kane but as his legs are going in late 20's we rotate him more and bring in younger fresher blood.

Wenger was the best at selling players at their peaks.

So is Kane likely to start tomorrow after his recent illness? And vs West Ham too? This is very important, as he's my fantasy captain.

Hope so. Used free hit and captained him. Can’t use two wildcards otherwise would have tripled captained

Im not sure I see your point.

Im not talking about him being lauded or not. Not really. More just the profile of the player.

2017 he out performed Messi, but isnt even held in the same conversation as him.

Make no mistake, I think he is an incredible player and could do wonders at Real. Im just saying - I dont think he has the profile to be of interest to them.

They trade in PR as much as football. Kane is still leagues below their stars when it comes to that "star quality".

Really? I honestly think Kane is interesting pretty much any club out there. He's a more prolific hard working version of Benzema, really. Would be a perfect fit for Real, and I think they know it.

(had him as a triple cap against soton by the way, 53 points! ;))

As a player - absolutely. I dont argue.

Though lets be honest - as a player - who WOULDNT he be great for?

My point was around the profile, the marketing potential, the PR in spending the money on him - to my eye he just isnt that guy for them.

He looks like a throwback to the black and white days of football when the ball weighed 5kg, has no ego - is genuine and down to earth, speaks like he has a mouth guard in - he just doesnt fit "the package" for a club like Real, IMO.

Players like Alli can learn a lot of things from Kane. Kane is humble, disciplined and his off the field life is rarely gets reported in the media. In contract, Alli seems proud, lacks in discipline and always gets the media's attention for his off the field life with his girlfriend. No wonder Alli is struggling for form this season.

Players like Alli can learn a lot of things from Kane. Kane is humble, disciplined and his off the field life is rarely gets reported in the media. In contract, Alli seems proud, lacks in discipline and always gets the media's attention for his off the field life with his girlfriend. No wonder Alli is struggling for form this season.

Have you seen Allis stats for the season
Second highest assist from anyone in the league and 8 goals so far (total)

Yeah he isn’t playing well but he is impacting the games

Poor Kane, struggling to get by. Good thing he has journalists looking out for him.

Wages, wages, wages. And no perspective whatsoever.

The last thing I read, Kane is paid £110.000 a week + bonuses. That's pretty superstar to me. Just because there are financially doped clubs throwing three times that amount at inferior players, doesn't mean Kane is on a low salary. I wish journalists would stop taking the easy route and add that bit of perspective to their writing; asking questions about the direction in which football is going financially, how skyrocketing wages affect the game, players and fans, and whether a wage cap or other means to limit the influence of money on the modern game would make the game better and more competitive.

Anyways, is Kane fit for tonight?

Last edited:
Back