• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think that he is just a Spurs fan in Spain who built up a Twitter following from translating the Spanish press and then got a few writing gigs a podcast appearances off the back of that. He's always struck me as a decent sort.

Unacceptable.

I demand impeccable grammar from fellow yiddos.

Just imagine, Kane was inspiring us even when he was an unknown youngster at 21. He inspired us in the historic 8-7 penalty shootout win over Hull in Capital One Cup Round 4 match in 2014 when AVB was still the manager. It was a trademark long range goal by Kane from outside the penalty box in extra time to make it 2-2 and bring the match to penalties. Then he scored from a well taken penalty as we won 8-7. Remember, it was our first penalty shootout win since 1994 and only our 3rd win in 12 penalty shoot outs. Not many would have taken much notice of Kane then as he was a new kid in the team but just look at him now !

I think Kane has to thank us for his progress as well. After all, don't think any other team, big or small, would have only 1 reliable striker for 4 seasons in a now as we have done. Kane has to thank Soldado, Adebayor, Janssen and now Llorente for being poor and not putting any pressure on him. I think Kane has to start every match to maintain his form when fit. Since he always start every season poorly in August, he would be under pressure at another big club. Until he improves his form in August, he should not even be thinking about going to another big club.

I would guess that Kane will stay at Spurs for another four years at least. If Poch stays I reckon HK does as well, no matter what any of the big spenders offer to throw at us. He (Kane) doesn't strike me as someone in it for the money so I can't see him doing a Neymar.

I honestly think that we have more chance of losing him if (when?!?) we go on to lift the PL trophy in the next few years as he may see it as 'job done' and want to test himself in Spain for a few seasons. Like I said earlier, though, I reckon his future at Spurs is very much linked to Poch and his long-term desire to stay.

It flies in the face of footballing trends these days but I hope that Poch and Kane go on to be our Fergie and Le Tissier.

I would guess that Kane will stay at Spurs for another four years at least. If Poch stays I reckon HK does as well, no matter what any of the big spenders offer to throw at us. He (Kane) doesn't strike me as someone in it for the money so I can't see him doing a Neymar.

I honestly think that we have more chance of losing him if (when?!?) we go on to lift the PL trophy in the next few years as he may see it as 'job done' and want to test himself in Spain for a few seasons. Like I said earlier, though, I reckon his future at Spurs is very much linked to Poch and his long-term desire to stay.

It flies in the face of footballing trends these days but I hope that Poch and Kane go on to be our Fergie and Le Tissier.
Let Tissier refused to sign for Fergie because he wanted to stay as a big fish in a small cesspool. ;)

RedCafe:
Neymark was/is better, much more marketable, and it was a unique case in that PSG wanted a superstar at any cost. I'd expect Kane to go for around half of what Neymar did.

If think if there is £200m to spend on him, January would be the ideal time; I can’t see Levy wanting to tarnish the opening of the stadium with the inevitable post-nuclear Kane departure chaos. Give them Lukaku as well

For what it’s worth, I think Rashford could get to similar levels if played consistently as a #9 somewhere, and it’s a view shared by the England coaching staff.

Do you really think Levy would turn down, say, £120M offer for Kane? I'm not sure about that.

RAWK:
I don't mind Tottenham too much but it's going to be hilarious when the best player to ever put boots on decides to seek pastures new.

Someone suggested Kane might be better than Torres and thread went into meltdown.

Arsenal fan visiting RAWK:
Tottenham are the only club in the world that can have the best player in Europe, the best manager in Europe, world class players in every position, and still win nothing.
Personally I blame the fans, because everything else is in place.
Imagine having the legendary harry Kane in your team and be fifth..... id be asking some serious questions.

some fudgetard in the grauniad saying harry will be gone next summer...idiot journos with pea sized gonad*s and even smaller brains than a squirrels nutsack..

I think it will take at least 300 million for us to even consider it, but it will take even more for it to happen.

This "offer we can't refuse" bullcrap is tinkling me off slightly. We can refuse any offer if we want to.

Unless Kane himself is unsettled, which he doesn't seem to be at all, Spurs are in control. We decide. We run a healthy business, we don't need the money. We can refuse any bloody offer we want to, be it £10m, £100m, £500m.

I'm sure if (when, IMO) he stays with us for another season, pundits will follow up with the other type of bullcrap stories that I hate so much; about how he will never reach his full potential/be considered a really great player before he plays at one of the biggest/richest clubs. Because it's so much easier to perform in a team where the quality of teammates is considered generally a little lower than, say, Real Madrid or Barcelona? Where's the logic in that? If anything, dragging a team of supposedly inferior teammates to new heights (which I don’t consider Kane to be doing, BTW), surely is a lot harder than steamrolling 80% of your opponents because of the sheer quality of the entire squad. Just ask Maradona.

I realise ranting about this is futile, because these stories will never go away, and the next eight months will be ridiculously tiresome in that regard, but really; can't these pundits/writers/fans/whatever try to drag their heads out of their asses just a little bit, and question their tiresome, boring, repeated and so so unimaginative narrative for just one second, trying, in the process to grasp what it is they're on about, what it says about our once beautiful game and maybe, just maybe, ask themselves one simple question: Is this how we want it to be?

All right. I'll show myself out now, before you all get tired of my narrative. :oops:

... and I'm sure that when any of the big spenders come in for Kane and he knocks them back a lot of their fans will say the same thing. If it's your club it's loyalty, to everyone else it's lack of ambition.
Spurs are far, far bigger than SCBC were, are or ever will be.

Some may see it as a lack of ambition but the scale is entirely different.

some fudgetard in the grauniad saying harry will be gone next summer...idiot journos with pea sized gonads and even smaller brains than a squirrels nutsack..

Yeah, read that article; it’s the very definition of clickbait. A journalist with a piece to file and no actual subject matter with which to fill it. The comments on it are the best bit - lots of bitter Utd, Victimpool and Gooner fans ranting on, and City fans speculating on when they’ll choose to buy Harry.

Spurs are far, far bigger than SCBC were, are or ever will be.

Some may see it as a lack of ambition but the scale is entirely different.

My point about SAF/Poch and Le Tissier/Kane was that I hope Poch & Kane go on to be the rarest of things - a true long-term legacy manager/coach & a career one club player. I didn't intend a direct comparison between them.

Kane is not going anywhere whilst Poch is here and he keeps helping Him develop- ffs he’s only 24, he’s another 4 yrs TIL he hits his peak and I fully expect his career to go on into his 30s as he doesn’t rely on pace as much as physique and he has bought into the Poch fitness philosophy.

Playing for Madrid or Barca is not the be all or what end all- see how bale is treated over there. And striker is a key position where it’s easy to be judged to be underperforming if your not scoring goals. He works in Poch system where he is number one but as his England career to date shows he has still got a lot to do and learn at the international level.

Back