• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think we all knew it was more than tiredness the way he kept feeling the back of his leg. Him not even being on the bench 'just in case' on Weds night proved it for me.
We only have 3 matches now until the next international break. Personally I would not risk him in any of them, tell England he is not available for the meaningless friendlies and have him fit and ready for the NLD on 18th November.
Missing United is the big blow. Real Madrid is a free match not expected to win and if we need Kane to beat Palace at home, we havent got the squad everybody thinks we have

I think we all knew it was more than tiredness the way he kept feeling the back of his leg. Him not even being on the bench 'just in case' on Weds night proved it for me.
We only have 3 matches now until the next international break. Personally I would not risk him in any of them, tell England he is not available for the meaningless friendlies and have him fit and ready for the NLD on 18th November.
Missing United is the big blow. Real Madrid is a free match not expected to win and if we need Kane to beat Palace at home, we havent got the squad everybody thinks we have

Kane walked off and said cramp himself

I agree about resting him as necessary though

gives everyone a chance to catch up on his goals scored tally

Hamstrings if they tear put you out for ages.

Always said a striker in a poch team will have a shorter career because of the running they get through.
Oh please. What does that mean for our midfielders then? I guess they will all be on the verge of retirement due to the constant pressing they're doing?

This. Just make sure he gets nowhere near the England squad.

Hamstrings if they tear put you out for ages.

Always said a striker in a poch team will have a shorter career because of the running they get through.

Shows a total lack of understanding I am afraid.

If this theory was true long distance runners would break down every 5 miles, they don't.

These over the top CSI style theories about everything in football bore me to be honest.

We have a good injury track record under Poch so that theory is bu11brick.

If this theory was true long distance runners would break down every 5 miles, they don't.

These over the top CSI style theories about everything in football bore me to be honest.

Long distance runners do not race every 3 days. It is almost as if you have never done a HIIT class at your local roger Lloyd.

To be fair there is a world of difference between running a long-distance race, and playing football. It tends to be the constant quick sprints that put strain on the hamstrings. You simply don't get that amount of stress on the hammy in a marathon for example.

To be fair there is a world of difference between running a long-distance race, and playing football. It tends to be the constant quick sprints that put strain on the hamstrings. You simply don't get that amount of stress on the hammy in a marathon for example.

It was an example and not a direct comparison, and for the eejit before long distance runners of world class standard run every other day, just to be clear.

Regular sprints are part and parcel of football, you are more susceptible to injury if your training pattern does not match the intensity of your competitive level, lets get that clear.

As I say our injury record is very good and modern sport not only demands alot but gives alot, you can get as injured from so much and alot comes down to impact, stretching or bad luck. Pinpointing it to make a statement "Always said a striker in a poch team will have a shorter career because of the running they get through" thats sensationalism and unfounded because Kane's career is hardly over because of a strain.

Get a grip

quick sprints and sudden stretching...if you haven't actually suffered an injury from fatigue from football, perhaps its hard to imagine. sometimes it feels like a part of the muscle just not responding ....

Kane has started 28, 38 and 29 league games in the last three seasons respectively. He looks well on track to another high number of starts this season.

Seems a strange basis for saying that our style is causing injuries. Those aren't bad numbers at all.

Back