• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

This to me is good news. Kane and Saido will play well together

Hopefully that will be the case. Saido and Dembele from Fulham would be good, solid additions to the squad that will enhance the depth and options available. If we signed those two plus a CM and maybe a wide attacker then I would be very happy with the summer window.

Hopefully that will be the case. Saido and Dembele from Fulham would be good, solid additions to the squad that will enhance the depth and options available. If we signed those two plus a CM and maybe a wide attacker then I would be very happy with the summer window.
Berahino, Dembele MkII, Tielemanns....and Reus. Thanks.

On Harry Kane. Yesterday confirmed to me that he is already one of my favourite ever players to represent our club. He is a fantastic striker, truly is.

To top it off he just gets it. If there was a disconnect between the fans and the players (especially during that Sherwood period) this man completely changed that. He is literally the poster boy for Pochettinos Tottenham, and if he hadn't already he has pretty much nailed his place in Tottenham folklore imo.

Just hope he leads the line and the team for us for many a year.

On Harry Kane. Yesterday confirmed to me that he is already one of my favourite ever players to represent our club. He is a fantastic striker, truly is.

To top it off he just gets it. If there was a disconnect between the fans and the players (especially during that Sherwood period) this man completely changed that. He is literally the poster boy for Pochettinos Tottenham, and if he hadn't already he has pretty much nailed his place in Tottenham folklore imo.

Just hope he leads the line and the team for us for many a year.
That goal was so amazing. To have the creativity, technique and confidence to do what he did was true genius.

That goal was so amazing. To have the creativity, technique and confidence to do what he did was true genius.

I've supported Spurs for the best part of 40 years, and I've been proud to say that I've watched players like hoddle, gazza, berbs, keane, defoe, modric, bale, king, sheringham, klinsmann, mabbut, davids, vdv etc (hope I've not missed any other of my faves) at the lane, but kane puts a smile on my face when I watch him play that none of the others did. I feel such an affinity to him, and I know my son (who came to his first nld this weekend) will look at him as his second hero (after me!), and that makes me happy.

And that goal on Saturday was just amazing - timing in the game, opponent, passion, celebration, the lot

One of our own

Tielemans, Xhaka and Witsel: how do these players compare with each other and with our current players (i.e. what can they bring to the team/squad)?

Tielemans, Xhaka and Witsel: how do these players compare with each other and with our current players (i.e. what can they bring to the team/squad)?

Xhaka and Witsel are a lot further along in their development (as can be expected because of their age).

When I've seen Tielmans play he's played further forward whereas Witsel seems to sit deeper most of the time and Xhaka though comfortable in both positions is a lot more comfortable deeper than Tielmans is.

Wouldn't mind any of them. Though Witsel at 27 and big Russian wages seems very unlikely. Xhaka seems like a good balance between proven and potential and if his contract makes him cheaper also ticks the value for money box, whereas Tielmans is more the huge potential for the future signing.

Xhaka and Witsel are a lot further along in their development (as can be expected because of their age).

When I've seen Tielmans play he's played further forward whereas Witsel seems to sit deeper most of the time and Xhaka though comfortable in both positions is a lot more comfortable deeper than Tielmans is.

Wouldn't mind any of them. Though Witsel at 27 and big Russian wages seems very unlikely. Xhaka seems like a good balance between proven and potential and if his contract makes him cheaper also ticks the value for money box, whereas Tielmans is more the huge potential for the future signing.

Thanks; i might ask more questions re this...but i'll stop now seeing as this is the Harry Kane thread...

Xhaka is probably the best signing overall as Braineclipse says with the potential v actual ability and age as he is 23. He can play as a DM but seems very comfortable carrying the ball and playing the passes. Quite tenacious and sometimes a little ill-disciplined but likes a tussle which isn't a bad thing in my eyes. As I said in another thread, he reminds me a little of Van der Vaart with his frame and movement. 3 years left on his contract so won't be cheap but probably gettable in the £15-£20m range.

Kane has now played more minutes in the PL this season than he did in the whole of 2014/15, hopefully he can finish the campaign with a flurry of goals to get his strike rates back up the figures he posted during his breakthrough season and fire us to the title as he picks up the Golden Boot!!

2014/15: 21 goals from 112 shots (2582 minutes) = 18.8% conversion rate (123 minutes per goal)

2015/16: 19 goals from 123 shots (2651 minutes) = 15.4% conversion rate (140 minutes per goal)

Back