• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If this thread reaches 200 pages, will Kane score in every game for the rest of the season then??

Funny time to complain about Kane taking shots in difficult situations considering the goal he scored...

He errs on the side of having a go. Good lad. Keep it up.
The difference with the goal is he had no one to pass to. It was the right thing to do in that circumstance regardless to wether he scores or not, it isn't always is my argument.

The difference with the goal is he had no one to pass to. It was the right thing to do in that circumstance regardless to wether he scores or not, it isn't always is my argument.

there was an easy pass inside to Lamela when he picked it up iirc but I want him shooting from there

If he hadn't scored I'm sure there would be people claiming he should have looked for the cross to Lamela, the cut back to Eriksen or the cross field ball to Walker.

It's not always the right decision when he shoots, I agree. But he's a great striker of the ball and a great goal scorer. Decisions have to be made quickly and there will be mistakes. He errs on the side of shooting, that also meant that when he gets the ball he's looking for the goal and ways to score. That's what I want from a striker like him. I can live with those situations that arise where perhaps he might have been better off playing the pass, because overall that "selfishness" makes him better and us stronger.

If he hadn't scored I'm sure there would be people claiming he should have looked for the cross to Lamela, the cut back to Eriksen or the cross field ball to Walker.

It's not always the right decision when he shoots, I agree. But he's a great striker of the ball and a great goal scorer. Decisions have to be made quickly and there will be mistakes. He errs on the side of shooting, that also meant that when he gets the ball he's looking for the goal and ways to score. That's what I want from a striker like him. I can live with those situations that arise where perhaps he might have been better off playing the pass, because overall that "selfishness" makes him better and us stronger.
Thing is, and it's a point I keep making but gets lost, he will learn when to make the pass and when to shoot. He's young still and has experience but isn't fully mature yet. In two seasons time he will be a fantastic forward with a long and hopefully glorious Tottenham career.

Thing is, and it's a point I keep making but gets lost, he will learn when to make the pass and when to shoot. He's young still and has experience but isn't fully mature yet. In two seasons time he will be a fantastic forward with a long and hopefully glorious Tottenham career.

I agree that he will improve, and he's obviously not fully mature as a player yet. But I think a lot of strikers have continued to take a lot of shots long into their careers and been very successful doing so.

overall that "selfishness" makes him better and us stronger.

Probably true, not many great strikers are rounded team players, they need a selfish streak. Delighted for Harry that he scored such an amazing goal, if he wants to repeat the feat a few more times this season, so much the better!!

I disagree about the selfish striker, it's why I loved teddy but couldn't take to Keane in the same way.
Harrys big strength is his intelligence, once he learns to use that better watch him and us go.

This sums it up for me, all good strikers are greedy but there have been times this season when he has blazed at shots when they have been others far better placed. As he gets older I am sure/hope he will know when to shoot and when to bring others into play.

This sums it up for me, all good strikers are greedy but there have been times this season when he has blazed at shots when they have been others far better placed. As he gets older I am sure/hope he will know when to shoot and when to bring others into play.
Lamella needs to learn when to shoot and not pass;)
They've all been so good this season it's easy to forget how young they are. If we can keep this team together then I see nothing but happy days.

You don't think that's the case with other top strikers?

Lamella needs to learn when to shoot and not pass;)
They've all been so good this season it's easy to forget how young they are. If we can keep this team together then I see nothing but happy days.

I do agree, young players do improve their game as they get older and I am sure Kane is good enough to do this.

You don't think that's the case with other top strikers?

Of course they do, I have seen the best ever ( Greaves do that, not often though) but I have also seen him play in players who are better positioned.

Kane is still a kid and will improve this part of his game.

Striker Saido Berahino, 22, is set to complete his protracted move to Tottenham, with West Brom having agreed in principle that he can join the north London club in the summer

This to me is good news. Kane and Saido will play well together

Back