• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

When players get tired they get injured. Let's hope that doesn't happen to Kane.

Unfortunately, no amount of modern medical monitoring technology is really going to tell how weary a player is, or how much more they can put up with before they breakdown. Kane seems like the willing type who will say he is fine regardless of how he really feels. Some judicious player management is required by Poch.

Theory is great when it comes to this type of thing, but I will say that I think its a fact, that in an ideal world we would have someone able to come in and help Kane with the workload, like Walker and Trips, Rose and Davies...

I don't think he's running on empty at all. Had a tough couple of weeks, West Ham wouldn't have been easy last night for any striker the way they played. Lets not feed this narrative of "oh they're tired". Yes we can help them achieve their optimum levels of fitness but these guys are machines and I don't buy that they are tiring because of the number of games. Trust me they really want to play

I think this is on the money. He's already had a few mini-patches of 2-3 games where he's been quiet or hasn't scored. Then he suddenly pops up, dominates a match and scores a couple. That game against Norwich was a case in point. Absolutely murdered them but was then quiet against Watford the following weekend. He looked fine against Swansea for me even if he didn't score. I would expect he'll come again probably tomorrow in terms of goals or a monster performance or if not certainly against Villa the following week.

He's gotten the occasional rest in a cup game. I think he'll be just fine. He's playing no more than other top strikers are playing. And he'll find his scoring form again by playing...

Theory is great when it comes to this type of thing, but I will say that I think its a fact, that in an ideal world we would have someone able to come in and help Kane with the workload, like Walker and Trips, Rose and Davies...

Difference is that Kane is closing in on being a superstar. Those full backs are not. Having a "helper" to come in for a rising superstar becomes a lot less exciting as the drop in quality is much greater unless you're one of the very few teams in the world that can afford to have someone like that hanging around to help with the work load.

City have tried to sign that backup for Aguero for years, spending more money than US presidential candidates in the process. And find themselves no closer to having someone like that.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/04/tottenham-harry-kane-mask-mauricio-pochettino

Poch now admitting the mask is affecting Harry, if so how should he play him tomorrow, deeper and not as the target man ?
Well done Poch. I don't think it is the mask at all, just a bit of bad form, but these comments from Poch are a pressure release valve to the player's anxieties. Kane is a young man under the extreme pressure that comes with being a title challenging striker and is the focus of intense media scrutiny . This shifts the spotlight to something peripheral and is a good bit of player management IMO.

He took a whack in training yesterday apparently!! Think it was Wimmer who winded him but he was up soon enough ha ha!

Well done Poch. I don't think it is the mask at all, just a bit of bad form, but these comments from Poch are a pressure release valve to the player's anxieties. Kane is a young man under the extreme pressure that comes with being a title challenging striker and is the focus of intense media scrutiny . This shifts the spotlight to something peripheral and is a good bit of player management IMO.

It is puzzling why Pochettino didn't try to buy another striker in January to relieve the pressure from Kane. Wonder if Pochettino was thinking of converting Njie and Son to be strikers.

He scores from wherever he waaaants, Harry Kane, he scores from wherever he wants.

The most amazing finish, such a shame we couldn't make it the winning goal.

Bloody goal line technology though. Should've had two!

He scores from wherever he waaaants, Harry Kane, he scores from wherever he wants.

The most amazing finish, such a shame we couldn't make it the winning goal.

Bloody goal line technology though. Should've had two!
Robbed by accuracy!
Useless. Get rid.

Does the technology take into account whether the ball changes shape in flight? Must be a loophole somewhere!!

A fantastic goal today but very jaded and poor for him other than the goal.

He had two chances in the first ten minutes both may as well have been back passes. Two poor attempts second half too. Bit harsh maybe I guess it's a sign of how far he's come in the last 2 years. Definitely needs a rest.

I thought he did well today, was busy, fantastic goal, an inch or two away from another. 17 league goals now for Harry, what a quality player we have.

I thought he did well today, was busy, fantastic goal, an inch or two away from another. 17 league goals now for Harry, what a quality player we have.
And he's only going to get better. My only criticism is he needs to be more aware of others in better positions. The volley 20 yards over bar towards the end at a corner, a nod back across goal and there's a queue of players. But he'll learn.

Back