• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I can see him finishing on 24-26 in the Premier League. Not sure what would give him overall in all competitions?

Kane has now played more minutes in the PL this season than he did in the whole of 2014/15, hopefully he can finish the campaign with a flurry of goals to get his strike rates back up the figures he posted during his breakthrough season and fire us to the title as he picks up the Golden Boot!!

2014/15: 21 goals from 112 shots (2582 minutes) = 18.8% conversion rate (123 minutes per goal)

2015/16: 19 goals from 123 shots (2651 minutes) = 15.4% conversion rate (140 minutes per goal)

Okay so slight drop in goals-to-shots ratio but he's that much more a marked man this time round so still mighty impressive.

And given his goals always seem to come in bursts, this latest flurry looks to have started at just the right time ...

Come on Harry, go and win us the League!

Very likely to get 20+ league goals for us, two seasons in a row - first time since Martin Chivers in the early 70s if he can get one more league goal.

Actually, and I keep quoting Wikipedia, the last time one single player was our league top scorer two seasons in a row, was Steffen Iversen in the late 90s. With a whopping 9 and 14 league goals respectively.

I don't think he is next Rooney, but at start of this season people were clambering over themselves to have Kane as our 3rd choice striker.
With a bit of a run in the side (reg sub appearances) I think he will do ok and weight in with a few goals. Who knows where he will go from there.
Part of the problem at Norwich was he got injured early on and then it was always going to be difficult to break into the team.
Like I said.
Kind of...

I can hear it now "Two season wonder that's all he is"
One of only 9 players to manage a combined tally of 20+ league goals over the past 2 seasons... Not too shabby being just a brace behind Mozart himself...

Aguero: 42 goals from 238 shots (4236 minutes) = 17.6% conv rate (101 mins per goal)
Kane: 40 goals from 235 shots (5233 minutes) = 17.0% conv rate (131 mins per goal)
Costa: 31 goals from 136 shots (4104 minutes) = 22.8% conv rate (132 mins per goal)
Lukaku: 28 goals from 204 shots (5303 minutes) = 13.7% conv ratio (189 mins per goal)
Giroud: 26 goals from 162 shots (3792 minutes) = 16.0% conv rate (146 mins per goal)
Vardy: 24 goals from 143 shots (4791 minutes) = 16.8% conv rate (200 mins per goal)
Sanchez: 23 goals from 202 shots (4610 minutes) = 11.4% conv rate (200 mins per goal)
Benteke: 20 goals from 128 shots (3639 minutes) = 15.6% conv rate (182 mins per goal)
Pelle: 20 goals from 189 shots (5054 minutes) = 10.6% conv rate (253 mins per goal)

Actually, and I keep quoting Wikipedia, the last time one single player was our league top scorer two seasons in a row, was Steffen Iversen in the late 90s. With a whopping 9 and 14 league goals respectively.
Those were the days...

Iversen 98-00: 23 goals in 5078 minutes = 221 mins per goal
Sheringham 92-94: 35 goals in 4962 minutes = 142 mins per goal

Iversen, he of the more zits on his face than goals in a season for us, doesn't deserve to be in this thread

Iversen, he of the more zits on his face than goals in a season for us, doesn't deserve to be in this thread

I remember a funny story about how he got woken up when they were filming the movie notting hill and he blamed his poor run of form on that movie and the filming of it.

Odd area for him to live I thought at the time, maybe because I personally can not stand notting hill or Holland park, got kicked out of a swingers party in just my underwear back in the day, walked round for ages with people laughing and pointing.

I remember a funny story about how he got woken up when they were filming the movie notting hill and he blamed his poor run of form on that movie and the filming of it.

Odd area for him to live I thought at the time, maybe because I personally can not stand notting hill or Holland park, got kicked out of a swingers party in just my underwear back in the day, walked round for ages with people laughing and pointing.

Business as usual then. ;)

Back