• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I fancy United to win the league next season myself, with or without Kane

Only because they are buying every player on the planet.
I agree with the other poster, Man Us time is over for a while.
Chelsea will win PL, Jose and RA also realise that they are still a good bit behind Barca and behind RM and a stern. Not saying Chelsea can't win it, but they are least like likely in the group of second favourites.

Arsenal definitely have a greater chance of winning the Premier League than Man U. I think it will be tight between Arsenal & Chelsea for the title next season.

Arsenal have a developed system, a midfield amongst the best about in terms of creativity & goal scoring. Although a large part of that comes from Alexis Sanchez & it can be debated whether he's really a midfielder, or a striker.

They have, in Wenger, a manager who knows what it takes to succeed in the Premier League.

They have an ability to start winning streaks and I think some of that must be connected to their mentality. Plus, I think Wenger may have finally identified the weaknesses in their side. They'll have a season with Coquelin & Bellerin playing regularly. So, will be set out for a good start. I doubt that Arsenal will be that active in the transfer market, so this will help with the stability of their squad.

Anyway, I realise that this is a lot of praise for our rivals so I'm going to stop now.

As for Man U, I think people are simply assuming that they'll return to the top as they've fallen. But why should they be restored to the top? Their playing system isn't yet tuned, they're seemingly unlikely to be without De Gea, they have a weak defence. Their attacking players are excellent but with Van Persie & Falcao now having left, or being on the verge of leaving, it places question marks over that part of the side. I think it will be very interesting to see which players the team successfully recruits. I expect the side to finish the season well next year but I think they'll struggle from the off & may take until Christmas to find their form. I wouldn't be shocked if they were outside the top 4 until after Christmas. Mata will be a key player for them next season. I think he had a big impact when he came in to the team last season & he's certainly more than capable of being a game changer.

Oh & I wouldn't be shocked if Walcott has a big season next season.

I'm now ready to be proved totally wrong next season but these are my thoughts.

Arsenal to be title challengers? Lolz!

This is a team that can certainly win any game on their day (see the last two season's FA Cup wins, no mean feat) but basically on the league in the key parts of any season they always fluff things when the pressure is on, but go on title-winning-looking runs when the pressure is off.

The way their season ended will likely mean ol' Wenger will think "everything is fine, if we had a better start we would have won the title" and stick with Flamini and Arteta as DCM back-ups to Coquelin and that Podolski or Sanogo can understudy Giroud etc etc

They'll finish no higher than 3rd again

Arsenal to be title challengers? Lolz!

This is a team that can certainly win any game on their day (see the last two season's FA Cup wins, no mean feat) but basically on the league in the key parts of any season they always fluff things when the pressure is on, but go on title-winning-looking runs when the pressure is off.

The way their season ended will likely mean ol' Wenger will think "everything is fine, if we had a better start we would have won the title" and stick with Flamini and Arteta as DCM back-ups to Coquelin and that Podolski or Sanogo can understudy Giroud etc etc

They'll finish no higher than 3rd again

How many points behind the league winners do you think Arsenal will finish?

I wanted to see where we would finish in the league if it started when Poch ditched Kaboul/Capoue/Ade, about November 9th or 11th if I remember correctly. The thing at struck me was in that period, Arsenal pretty much matched Chelsea point for point. Basically, Chelsea's start won them the league. I think Arsenal will buy big again, won't sell any of their best players, and will be a threat.

I wanted to see where we would finish in the league if it started when Poch ditched Kaboul/Capoue/Ade, about November 9th or 11th if I remember correctly. The thing at struck me was in that period, Arsenal pretty much matched Chelsea point for point. Basically, Chelsea's start won them the league. I think Arsenal will buy big again, won't sell any of their best players, and will be a threat.

It would take Arsene to be ruthless for that; after not re-signing Diaby, i'm hearing he's offering extensions to Arteta, Flamini and Rosicsky plus will have to offload the returning Podolski and Joel Campbell. If they were going to buy big, i don't think they'd be doing that tbh

I'm confident that they'll finish 10 points or less behind the league winners. More like 6 or 7.

I want them to fail, but I think they've shown enough lately to suggest that they'll be right up there.

What they've shown lately is as good as it will get for them - whilst Wenger is in charge

Rooney is apparently "urging Van Gaal" to buy Kane.

Would love to see a Kane tweet along the lines of... "Have urged Pochettino to buy Rooney, but manager thinks it's too much to spend on a bench-warmer"

(Not saying Rooney would really be on the bench for us, but the cheeky fecker needs to be taken down a notch)

Rooney is apparently "urging Van Gaal" to buy Kane.

Would love to see a Kane tweet along the lines of... "Have urged Pochettino to buy Rooney, but manager thinks it's too much to spend on a bench-warmer"

(Not saying Rooney would really be on the bench for us, but the cheeky fecker needs to be taken down a notch)

Most of the Manure fans I know want Rooney benched/sold...

If we were to ever sell Kane to Man U, I'd want us to get Rooney & a LOT of money in exchange. I think Rooney gets a harder time than he deserves. He's rarely consistent but his ability surely can't be disputed.

If we were to ever sell Kane to Man U, I'd want us to get Rooney & a LOT of money in exchange. I think Rooney gets a harder time than he deserves. He's rarely consistent but his ability surely can't be disputed.

I think Rooney's body type and possibly his lifestyle (i believe he smokes?) means i think we've seen the best of him. Once he surpasses the goal record fr England i think he'll go on a steady and rapid decline. LVG is definitely boss who would likely have the balls in a year's time to say TaRa

I'f I was an old fart I'd get flash back to the days when we signed Martin Peters and West Ham got the legend Jimmy Greaves in return.

I'f I was an old fart I'd get flash back to the days when we signed Martin Peters and West Ham got the legend Jimmy Greaves in return.

I'm not saying that I want us to get rid of Kane, far from it. I want him to stay with us for his entire career & become a club player but with the historic incidents of all these other players often angling for moves away from us, what's to say that Kane will be any different? Maybe that he came through the ranks but, unless we get CL & can offer him huge wages, he may hunger for something that we cannot offer & them go elsewhere.

Obviously, if there's years between now & then, Rooney will be more past it & I'd reject the idea of Rooney joining. But, if it's in the next season or two, it's possible that Rooney could still do a job for us. We'd have to be very well compensated though in terms of the money being paid alongside the arrival of Rooney. £50m + at least.

Oh & they can fudge off with any idea of us taking Hernandez/Nani/Januzaj (sp.). We're not taking their rejects.

1 club men, for teams that are not in the CL and beyond the regular CL teams' wage structure, has been and gone.
It's a question of time, not IF, unless we make that breakthrough.

Isn't Rooney on like £300k a week until 2019 at Utd? Lets be realistic chaps, even if he moves on from Utd before his 33rd Birthday it will be for a bumper pay package and that rules out any move to Spurs. It's all about the money for his type in today's football world.

Rooney is a good player, however ( imo) he is just another of the overated " golden generation" of England players over the last decade or so.
I don't think he's overrated,many English players are but not him - he's going to easily smash England's goal scoring record. Messi speaks highly of him....

Back