• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I hope we do not sell him at all, however he has only had the one season and like someone else has said he may not carry that on. I have not gone overboard about Kane ( unlike some) because he has to be more then a one season wonder, I have seen players have stand out seasons before as youngsters and never repeated it, I am not saying he will/will not but I hope we keep him just to see.

I hope we do not sell him at all, however he has only had the one season and like someone else has said he may not carry that on. I have not gone overboard about Kane ( unlike some) because he has to be more then a one season wonder, I have seen players have stand out seasons before as youngsters and never repeated it, I am not saying he will/will not but I hope we keep him just to see.

i cannot remember a youngster scoring over 30 goals in a season and never getting close again

I dont think Harry Kane and his ability is the problem........the biggest question mark is can we supply him with the service he needs to score and be effective.

i cannot remember a youngster scoring over 30 goals in a season and never getting close again

I dont think Harry Kane and his ability is the problem........the biggest question mark is can we supply him with the service he needs to score and be effective.

We have had several players who have done well in their first season but never carried it on, I never said anything about the positions they played in. And we are not the only club who have had players do the same, I said I hope we do not sell him ( and I doubt we will) but the second season is the one that will tell us if he is a 50 mill player or one that does not carry on the good form.

I get what you're saying park lane, I just think it's a risk we have to take (keeping him and turning down huge offers) because the idea of letting the next shearer or sheringham slip from our grasp is just too much, 30 goals every season players are very rare.

I get what you're saying park lane, I just think it's a risk we have to take (keeping him and turning down huge offers) because the idea of letting the next shearer or sheringham slip from our grasp is just too much, 30 goals every season players are very rare.

I agree with that, we have to give him the second season and see what happens. To be honest I do not see him leaving anyway.

There is a strong argument for cashing in TBH. It's unlikely that Kane's stock will be higher than it is now after a 31 goal season. Teams will know about him next season and make more effort to cut off his supply lines - I think it's inevitable that he won't score as many goals next season and by definition the media will turn on him, painting a picture of just another overhyped, over rated English player that's failing to live up to his potential, even if the return is still decent but not as good.

But there's two reasons why we cannot just now.

1. Because we have a new manager going into his all important second season, having spent a year evaluating the squad and getting his methods across. Now is absolutely not the time to rip out his talisman.

2. More importantly - because our other strikers are useless. When Man Utd sold Van Nistelrooy, they had Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo to score the goals. When Arsenal sold Henry, they had Van Persie and a young, motivated Adebayor. Who else are we supposed to rely on in the current squad?

3. We've proven completely incapable of replacing star names like for like. If there's a better alternative available at a price we can afford, chances are that Man Utd would rather sign him instead. We're absolutely not in a position to weaken this part of the team at the moment.

the key point is that IF man utd are really in for him, then they think that he is the best attainable option on the market.

we should take the hint and definitely not sell. if utd cannot attract better than kane, how should we do it for the same price!?

There is a strong argument for cashing in TBH. It's unlikely that Kane's stock will be higher than it is now after a 31 goal season. Teams will know about him next season and make more effort to cut off his supply lines - I think it's inevitable that he won't score as many goals next season and by definition the media will turn on him, painting a picture of just another overhyped, over rated English player that's failing to live up to his potential, even if the return is still decent but not as good.

1. Because we have a new manager going into his all important second season, having spent a year evaluating the squad and getting his methods across. Now is absolutely not the time to rip out his talisman.

2. More importantly - because our other strikers are useless. When Man Utd sold Van Nistelrooy, they had Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo to score the goals. When Arsenal sold Henry, they had Van Persie and a young, motivated Adebayor. Who else are we supposed to rely on in the current squad?

3. We've proven completely incapable of replacing star names like for like. If there's a better alternative available at a price we can afford, chances are that Man Utd would rather sign him instead. We're absolutely not in a position to weaken this part of the team at the moment.

I agree with your viewpoint, just wanted to address the reasons for selling, because ive seen them banded about a few times.
He may not score as many next year - but when defenders become pre-occupied with one player, isnt that when the contributions from others go up? like the effect suarez had on those around him at liverpool; mark suarez, leave more room for sterling.

Next year kane might score 15 league goals (which would be another excellent return) but his influence could still grow, and we became a etter functioning and balanced team as a result.

I'm not trying to rebuke you here - i know you were only setting up the pro-sale argument to rebuff it yourself. i just wanted to address the point you made as its one that will keeep rearing its ugly head i feel.

man utd are getting on my tits. 6 points better off than us and they think they have a devine right to come in and pluck our best players off the tottenham cherry tree. they think just because they are back in the cl they are restored to man utd of old. not the case. that flat faced clam they have in charge wingd it last year, screwed up at bayern and falls out with players. he's also old and will ned replacing in the next 2-3 years.

they arent stable and back, not by a long shot. tv money narrows gaps and the increasingly fickle nature of fans could see there global fan base shrink rapidly if silverware isnt quickly forthcoming (which i dont think it is). they could easily be out of the cl and in 6th place by christmas still playing hoof ball from a decade prior. fudge man utd. we should tell them where to go. if lloris is going to get all teary eyed, flog him abroad. no strengthening of the competition.

once we get the new stadium sorted lets see how many players choose the manc brick hole post ferguson over a shiny new, young and vibrant upcoming london colossus. fudgers.

i don't think making Kane a transfer target means they think they can cherry pick our players. they have the money to make us think about it, so why shouldn't they make a bid if they rate the player?

what tinkles me off is the melodrama every time a club is linked to one of our players - if you have good players they will attract interest. part and parcel of the game...

Am I the only who thinks Harry to Man U for £50m would help us strengthen and weaken Man U? Spending £50m for someone to sit on the bench when that money could be used to fund bale or ronaldo.
They will implode next season if they spend the money being quoted.you don't spend £300 m over two seasons to finish 4th.

Am I the only who thinks Harry to Man U for £50m would help us strengthen and weaken Man U? Spending £50m for someone to sit on the bench when that money could be used to fund bale or ronaldo.
They will implode next season if they spend the money being quoted.you don't spend £300 m over two seasons to finish 4th.

they can afford to spend that money, probably a lot more. whether that will keep the manager in his job is another story, but they won't implode because of their spending

what tinklees me off is the melodrama every time a club is linked to one of our players - if you have good players they will attract interest. part and parcel of the game...

agreed, the press annoy me as well, united maybe being interested in kane has had way more prominence than city actually putting a bid in for sterling

I agree with your viewpoint, just wanted to address the reasons for selling, because ive seen them banded about a few times.
He may not score as many next year - but when defenders become pre-occupied with one player, isnt that when the contributions from others go up? like the effect suarez had on those around him at liverpool; mark suarez, leave more room for sterling.

Next year kane might score 15 league goals (which would be another excellent return) but his influence could still grow, and we became a etter functioning and balanced team as a result.

I'm not trying to rebuke you here - i know you were only setting up the pro-sale argument to rebuff it yourself. i just wanted to address the point you made as its one that will keeep rearing its ugly head i feel.

It all depends on who else we sign this summer. If teams doubling up on Kane means more room for Paulinho then it doesn't really help us. On the flipside, selling Kane IF replaced properly could help finance two or three quality attacking players that make us become more functional as a team.

I don't personally see Kane banging on Levy's door, demanding to leave for Man Utd, not this summer anyway. We're in a strong position to decide what to do. And also - I don't even see Man Utd bidding £50m for him. Not after one season.

:confused:

It all depends on who else we sign this summer. If teams doubling up on Kane means more room for Paulinho then it doesn't really help us. On the flipside, selling Kane IF replaced properly could help finance two or three quality attacking players that make us become more functional as a team.

I don't personally see Kane banging on Levy's door, demanding to leave for Man Utd, not this summer anyway. We're in a strong position to decide what to do. And also - I don't even see Man Utd bidding £50m for him. Not after one season.

how much did they pay for an 18 year old left back with one half decent season behind him......ahh yes, 32 mill.

I think Utd would go to 60 mill for Kane if they really wanted him. They have oodles of cash waiting to be spent

As with Berbatov, Bale, and Modric, if Kane wants to go then sell him. Better off taking the money than keeping a player who is not 100% committed to playing. His price should be higher than Suarez. But if Kane does not want to move then we keep him as long as he wants to stay.

Back