• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think he's great, I think he'd be the perfect forward for our system, as Huddy says though he is way out of our price range.

Isn't Rooney on like £300k a week until 2019 at Utd? Lets be realistic chaps, even if he moves on from Utd before his 33rd Birthday it will be for a bumper pay package and that rules out any move to Spurs. It's all about the money for his type in today's football world.
This, and he wouldn't come to us.

Utd can just fudge off regarding Kane. They're not getting any more of our players or I'll slap Levy in the face with a wet kipper.

I think if we have a good summer transfer wise we can compete with Utd for that top four spot. IMO LVG just got a little lucky with certain players getting injured last season. They played their best when Falcao, Di Maria and RVP were out of the side and Carrick back in. The whole back three thing was a fiasco for them and De Gea won them match after match through some outstanding goal keeping. They're there for us to overtake if we get it right this summer.

Levy might as well get his p45 if he sells Kane. Just not going to happen.

If we sell players after one good season, that makes us Southampton. So I agree with you.

If Kane rips it up again for the next two seasons and we haven't made top 4 I would not begrudge him wanting to make a step up. But hopefully we build that step and not let it be a question.

what if we sell Kane for 50m after one incredible season and he never hits double figures again?

That is the balancing act.
Kane could become the next Michael ricketts.
In reality, he'll probably become a good top 6 forward.
But I think it is about more than money, I think it is about how we position ourselves a club. Selling Kane this summer just makes us look weak, like cannon fodder for the money boys. One thing we have done well, including with Berbs, Carrick, Modeic, Bale, is allow them to develop whilst also improving us as a team. They all got to a point where they were clearly good enough for a " level up" - with Modric and Bale we got one more out of them than many weaker clubs would have.
So keeping Kane is about a statement of intent, not a short term boost to the balance sheet.

what if we sell Kane for 50m after one incredible season and he never hits double figures again?

I would probably sell, if it not the fact he is one of our own. I love being able to sing that song, to me its priceless and its this bond that Levy would be selling.. therefore its a no-goer. There is no coming back from this for Levy should he do the unthinkable. People often say fans have no voice, rest assured I believe that to be complete bull. You see what happened to Quntball, effigy's of Levy will be waiting, and just like Levy does so often to those beneath him, Lewis will protect his stake by getting rid of Levy.

If Utd came in with 50mil i would take it, would it send out a bad message that we are a selling club, well we are.
50mil for a player who was 3rd choice at the beginning of last season and some wanted to be 4th is silly money.

I actually dont think this is a fluke and he could go on to be a very good striker 15+ for 10yrs, however 50mil is a huge amount of money at this stage of both our and his development. I would pat him on the back point to the stadium, thank him for paying off 1/10th of it and put in a buy back clause.

However i would only do the above if we already had another striker in mind like Benteke or Llorente for 25mil

What is it with these ridiculous statue players everyone is enamoured by. They are a fad from the Drogba era.. people need to move on. lol

The boy wants to stay, loves it at Spurs and yet, some of you guys want to push him out the door for the money?

Benteke and 15m profit?

Harry is our star player, he's a 21 year old level-headed youngster that will only get better. He scores headers , tap-ins, shoots with both feet. I believe in him hitting around 20 prem goals per season and his stock will go up and up, and in two seasons time he will be worth £75m.

We'd be mad to sell him now and very small time too.

no one wants to force him out, but we shouldn't turn down stupid money for anyone

personally I'll be pretty tinkled if we make that policy change after selling Bale, if one guy was ever priceless it was him

no one wants to force him out, but we shouldn't turn down stupid money for anyone

personally I'll be pretty tinkleed if we make that policy change after selling Bale, if one guy was ever priceless it was him

Yeah, but he actively forced his own way out the door. The whole situation would have been radically different if Madrid had offered the same amount of money but Bale told Levy he was happy to stay at Spurs. not saying he wouldn't have been sold anyway (we'll never know), but the dynamic would have been very different. Which is why you can't really compare Kane's situation to what happened with Bale.

-------------

EDIT: That said; every player does indeed have their price. Is Kane's price £50m? Not for me to say... but I do think we'd be a bit mad to sell our first 30+ goal a year striker in over two decades... a kid who came through the ranks and absolutely loves it at the club. I don't know if Kane will ever replicate his form of last season, but I think I'd be spitting blood if he did it at Man United. Not when I still think they are the team we need to catch to finish fourth (I'm not as impressed with LVG as everyone else seems to be - and I think he could screw up big time over the next couple of seasons and completely alienate the dressing-room at Old Trafford).

Yeah, but he actively forced his own way out the door. The whole situation would have been radically different if Madrid had offered the same amount of money but Bale told Levy he was happy to stay at Spurs. not saying he wouldn't have been sold anyway (we'll never know), but the dynamic would have been very different. Which is why you can't really compare Kane's situation to what happened with Bale.

at this point in the summer there was no difference in behaviour, Kane might well throw a strop should a big bid and CL football materialise, he certainly doesn't seem the sort, but then neither did Bale

at this point in the summer there was no difference in behaviour, Kane might well throw a strop should a big bid and CL football materialise, he certainly doesn't seem the sort, but then neither did Bale
Absolutely! If Kane decides to force a move then everything changes. But I really don't see it happening - whereas with Bale I was disappointed but hardly shocked at his actions and attitude... with Kane I'd be genuinely surprised. But right now, the situation is very different and I wouldn't sell Kane to United for £50m. But that's just me.

Ok, lets not forget that Kane has only been in the first team for the premier league for less than a season. If he really thinks that he is the the dogs gonad*s (which I don't think he does) any team would be taking a massive gamble on him. Just look at Bale who had a couple of seasons at Spurs playing well. I personally think he will stay another season and see what the ambitions of the club are. If we fall by the wayside again I wish him all the best whatever he chooses! COYS

Back