• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

£50m + a few crud players we would have problems finding wages for is such an incentive.

Yup. I don't understand why Man U would think that they were doing us a favour by chucking us their rejects. If they're not good enough for Man U, why the fudge do they think we'd make room for this brick!

I just got back from visiting family in Connemara, Co. Galway. Kane has family there and goes most years, quite a few of my family met him last summer and said he's really down to earth. No one there is a Spurs fan, but it's quite a remote part of the world, and everyone there I met and told I support Spurs all buzzed off him being a descendant of the area.

What's the point of selling him if he doesn't want to go? Not like we'll spend the money on someone better than him, or that we'll take to anyone with the same speed that we took to Harry.

Priceless is an over-used word, but I think it holds here: if the club's truly convinced that he has the skills to lead the line for us consistently for the next half-decade or so, then there's really no price worth selling him for, as he possesses certain factors (home-grown, one of our own, English and therefore possessed of an intrinsic 'media' value that will hold whatever his form, down-to-earth lad that everyone at the club generally likes) that make him superior to most alternatives.

What's the point of selling him if he doesn't want to go? Not like we'll spend the money on someone better than him, or that we'll take to anyone with the same speed that we took to Harry.

Priceless is an over-used word, but I think it holds here: if the club's truly convinced that he has the skills to lead the line for us consistently for the next half-decade or so, then there's really no price worth selling him for, as he possesses certain factors (home-grown, one of our own, English and therefore possessed of an intrinsic 'media' value that will hold whatever his form, down-to-earth lad that everyone at the club generally likes) that make him superior to most alternatives.

I agree with everything you said when we are within the realms of reality.... But would you hypothetically Accept 200million.... 250m

Don't get me wrong no one will pay anywhere near that, for anyone in world football bar messi.... and even that's a Maybe. ahhhh...... I am just talking sh.it for the sake of it. Your point is that no one would pay what it's worth us to keep Kane and with that I whole heartedly agree.

If he doesn't want to go don't sell. But if some offered £50m for Harry then j would take it. He's had a great season, that's it. When was the last time a young English forward fulfilled his potential/hype? Sorry to say odds and recent history are against him.

If he doesn't want to go don't sell. But if some offered £50m for Harry then j would take it. He's had a great season, that's it. When was the last time a young English forward fulfilled his potential/hype? Sorry to say odds and recent history are against him.

Really??? The best thing to come out of our academy in a very long time and you would sell? Not only does it make no sense from a football point of view, but from a business point of view it's mad. We essentially tell everyone that anyone is for sale at the right price and we will never be able to build anything as every player we bring in will look to use us as a stepping stone. Even if you look past that, who the fudge would we buy with our new £50 million?? Players that could come to us and improve us would want wages we can't afford and UCL football.

Decent #9's aren't that easy to come across and here we have one who at a young age already has coaches making contingency plans to cope with. We have a real gem in our ranks, someone who players would like to play with and we should build around him.

Seriously man we only have one decent striker!!

50m, I'd take that in a heartbeat, for any of our players, in fact I'd take that for any two

I love the kid but he's not shown enough yet to be talked about for such numbers, if he's worth 50m then we got absolutely done for Bale

I agree with everything you said when we are within the realms of reality.... But would you hypothetically Accept 200million.... 250m

Don't get me wrong no one will pay anywhere near that, for anyone in world football bar messi.... and even that's a Maybe. ahhhh...... I am just talking sh.it for the sake of it. Your point is that no one would pay what it's worth us to keep Kane and with that I whole heartedly agree.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Sure, if somebody offered to fund the stadium in exchange for the lad, then it's up to him, but no one will offer what he's worth to us.

50m, I'd take that in a heartbeat, for any of our players, in fact I'd take that for any two

I love the kid but he's not shown enough yet to be talked about for such numbers, if he's worth 50m then we got absolutely done for Bale

i wouldn't (as long as the player wanted to stay) if he is the player he showed himself to be last season then he is priceless to us, for now - we wouldn't find a better forward than that and we wouldn't have a good chance of replacing 30 goals across the team with 50m. Obviously it's a risk because he may not turn out to be that player but atm it's a risk worth taking

i wouldn't (as long as the player wanted to stay) if he is the player he showed himself to be last season then he is priceless to us, for now - we wouldn't find a better forward than that and we wouldn't have a good chance of replacing 30 goals across the team with 50m. Obviously it's a risk because he may not turn out to be that player but atm it's a risk worth taking

I don't think we would replace those goals either, but from a purely business position we'd be crazy not to take the money

Really??? The best thing to come out of our academy in a very long time and you would sell? Not only does it make no sense from a football point of view, but from a business point of view it's mad. We essentially tell everyone that anyone is for sale at the right price and we will never be able to build anything as every player we bring in will look to use us as a stepping stone. Even if you look past that, who the fudge would we buy with our new £50 million?? Players that could come to us and improve us would want wages we can't afford and UCL football.

Decent #9's aren't that easy to come across and here we have one who at a young age already has coaches making contingency plans to cope with. We have a real gem in our ranks, someone who players would like to play with and we should build around him.

Seriously man we only have one decent striker!!
Your last line is the argument for me, one decent striker, at the moment that's all he is decent. £50m would easily get u ings, Austin and someone like remy.
It's all academic any way as I really don't see Man U coming in for or being willing to pay anything like that.

I don't think we would replace those goals either, but from a purely business position we'd be crazy not to take the money

If we can't expect to replace what he brings to the team with the money it does not make business sense.

80m should have seen us replace Bale adequately
30m odd for Lloris the same

50m for 30 goal a season CF when we aren't a CL club? No i don't see that being good business sense

If we can't expect to replace what he brings to the team with the money it does not make business sense.

80m should have seen us replace Bale adequately
30m odd for Lloris the same

50m for 30 goal a season CF when we aren't a CL club? No i don't see that being good business sense

50m for a player who has been a 30 goal a season CF once

it's highly unlikely he'll repeat next season

if you can sell something above its value that's good business

50m for a player who has been a 30 goal a season CF once

if you can sell something above its value that's good business

not in football where the money is reinvested, not banked, and the value/success of the business is directly linked to how that money is reinvested not how much profit you make on one player. not to mention the potential commercial aspect of having a homegrown star forward. Bale was a good deal because it should have allowed us to strengthen the team - is 50m going to allow us to strengthen the team if we take away 30 goals from it?

it does depend on how the player is rated by those that know him within the club, if they think he's a one season wonder in the making then it's a potential no brainer at 50m - but knowing he has been highly thought of within the club through his youth days makes that seem unlikely.

Back