• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I feel privileged to have been alive to be able to see the greatness that is Harry Kane. My son feels the same too (i'm sure when it comes to the crunch, apart from my own loyalties, he was the reason that he supported Spurs instead of Emirates Marketing Project when they had Aguero..another player he loved).

I truly hope Kane can win a trophy with us this season.

I feel privileged to have been alive to be able to see the greatness that is Harry Kane. My son feels the same too (i'm sure when it comes to the crunch, apart from my own loyalties, he was the reason that he supported Spurs instead of Emirates Marketing Project when they had Aguero..another player he loved).

I truly hope Kane can win a trophy with us this season.

Absolutely a privelege. It's difficult to compare different players who play different roles and at different times. But he's up there with the very best that have played for us sa long as I can remember.

He deserves a trophy. I hope we can get him one. I hope he stays forever, but can understand it if he leaves. He's a truly fantastic footballer.

Absolutely a privelege. It's difficult to compare different players who play different roles and at different times. But he's up there with the very best that have played for us sa long as I can remember.

He deserves a trophy. I hope we can get him one. I hope he stays forever, but can understand it if he leaves. He's a truly fantastic footballer.

Don't worry, Sky/BT/ESPN/everyone is off on the sell him campaign again, 30 seconds after he broke the record.

I wonder what they would say if we won the FA Cup this season, what brick will they peddle for him to leave?

Don't worry, Sky/BT/ESPN/everyone is off on the sell him campaign again, 30 seconds after he broke the record.

I wonder what they would say if we won the FA Cup this season, what brick will they peddle for him to leave?
Probably winning a league title, then winning CL.

The fact that having no trophies is a thing, it will become only one trophy is a thing, then it will be not winning an international trophy.

I don't remember Shearer coming under such scrutiny for winning one League title and losing all the big games he played in.

Just noticed, he has now scored at least 17 League goals in each of the last 9 seasons. His personal best is 30 in 2017/18, and on current strike rate, that is where he would finish this season

He has the most headed goals of any player in the PL this season.

He hits the corners and he hits with power. Good combination. What often strikes me is how he finds balance before shooting. Can be in a tight spot, need to create space, be under pressure, so many situations where players often mishit the ball. But those last moments before he shoots Kane almost always finds balance and looks in complete control.

Definitely agree he had a lot of those attributes from early on. At first he looked like a player that was good at a lot of things, great at nothing. All of a sudden it all came together and he was great at most things.

Hits it really early as well, he's able to set himself and strike at the same time which with his accuracy helps him massively.

View attachment 15068
Surprised by the assists!
I suspect it's due to Shearer and Rooney playing mostly with actual strike partners, whereas Kane's usually played as a lone CF. Although his partnership with Sonny has been some pairing.

Shearer had Sutton at Blackburn, of course, then Les Ferdinand at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But that can't have been long before he signed for us. Beardsley wasn't a CF, so who did that leave? Duncan Ferguson was there for a couple of years, I'm sure.

Rooney would have made plenty of assists for van Nistelrooy, Saha, Tevez and our very own Dimitar Berbatov. Robin van Persie too, IIRC.

I'm glad to see Kane seemingly staying a bit higher this season. If your best goalscorer isn't in goalscoring positions, you're not doing it right.

I suspect it's due to Shearer and Rooney playing mostly with actual strike partners, whereas Kane's usually played as a lone CF. Although his partnership with Sonny has been some pairing.

Shearer had Sutton at Blackburn, of course, then Les Ferdinand at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But that can't have been long before he signed for us. Beardsley wasn't a CF, so who did that leave? Duncan Ferguson was there for a couple of years, I'm sure.

Rooney would have made plenty of assists for van Nistelrooy, Saha, Tevez and our very own Dimitar Berbatov. Robin van Persie too, IIRC.

I'm glad to see Kane seemingly staying a bit higher this season. If your best goalscorer isn't in goalscoring positions, you're not doing it right.

I think Rooney’s best season was when he played wide and Ronaldo was the CF, they were deadly that year.

Rooney had a spectacular season as a Number 9, scored loads of headers. I think his best seasons as a neutral were his first couple. He was amazing to watch at that age and was brilliant in the 2004 Euros for England.

Last edited:
Back