• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Bit i like is conte has given them tomorrow off, kane says see you wednesday? Then laughs, everyone shouting 2 days off.

Anyone saying the players aren't behind conte are talking out of their arse.

Edit - Boo not shown is this clip.

Bit i like is conte has given them tomorrow off, kane says see you wednesday? Then laughs, everyone shouting 2 days off.

Anyone saying the players aren't behind conte are talking out of their arse.

Edit - Boo not shown is this clip.

Great video

We've endured some terrible teams and awful players over the years, it makes me so much more grateful for Harry Kane. The best English player of the last 30(?) years and we get to watch him every week scoring goals for our club.

I just hope this team and club can get him the trophy or two that he so richly deserves.

I’m not saying that anything should be ignored before the PL era. I’m saying it feels particularly jarring to ignore Shearer’s goals that happened immediately before the PL era.

There's a point to be made about the quality of the game as well - watching old PL highlights, the game was much slower and less technical those first years.

It's not as if the creation of the PL immediately improved the quality of the game. That development took years, and the game in which Kane has scored his goals is much faster and intensive than the early PL era.

Then again, the tackles were tougher and pitches poorer 30 years ago, so this one is not a black and white comparison either.

When it comes to comparing the quality of players from different eras and their achievement, it's very artificial to set a cut off point at the start of the PL.

Already had a message saying that Kane hasn't really beaten Greaves' record yet because of the 2 Charity Shield goals Greaves scored that weren't counted at the time.
so
a) If they don't count, they don't count and Kane has still beaten the record; and
b) Just f*** off anyway trying to pour cold water on an absolutely fantastic achievement.

So interesting watching the goals all over again, a few observations

- He used to score a few more headers early on, perhaps with Porro crossing we could see that return?
- Hits the corners, so many of his goals, even early were in the bottom corners
- Europa league really was critical for his first goals, probably confidence?
- Despite all the talk of his game changing over the years, early Kane had all the attributes, positioning, ability to roll defender, good 1:1, hit the ball well into corners ..

- He used to score a few more headers early on, perhaps with Porro crossing we could see that return?
- Hits the corners, so many of his goals, even early were in the bottom corners
- Europa league really was critical for his first goals, probably confidence?
- Despite all the talk of his game changing over the years, early Kane had all the attributes, positioning, ability to roll defender, good 1:1, hit the ball well into corners ..

He has the most headed goals of any player in the PL this season.

He hits the corners and he hits with power. Good combination. What often strikes me is how he finds balance before shooting. Can be in a tight spot, need to create space, be under pressure, so many situations where players often mishit the ball. But those last moments before he shoots Kane almost always finds balance and looks in complete control.

Definitely agree he had a lot of those attributes from early on. At first he looked like a player that was good at a lot of things, great at nothing. All of a sudden it all came together and he was great at most things.

Already had a message saying that Kane hasn't really beaten Greaves' record yet because of the 2 Charity Shield goals Greaves scored that weren't counted at the time.
so
a) If they don't count, they don't count and Kane has still beaten the record; and
b) Just f*** off anyway trying to pour cold water on an absolutely fantastic achievement.
I agree
It’s weird that we choose not to count the, but Kane will get a hat trick on Saturday anyway so it’s all done and dusted now

He has the most headed goals of any player in the PL this season.

He hits the corners and he hits with power. Good combination. What often strikes me is how he finds balance before shooting. Can be in a tight spot, need to create space, be under pressure, so many situations where players often mishit the ball. But those last moments before he shoots Kane almost always finds balance and looks in complete control.

Definitely agree he had a lot of those attributes from early on. At first he looked like a player that was good at a lot of things, great at nothing. All of a sudden it all came together and he was great at most things.
I think that's it. The ability to stay calm, balance yourself, and fire it into the corner. So many of Kane's goals go into the side netting. It doesn't get much more simple than that -- fire it into the corner and, most of the time, you'll score. The truly great players make the game look simple, and Kane is a truly great goalscorer.

- He used to score a few more headers early on
Actually he has already upped the number of headers recently.

According to sportskeeda.com this has meant he scored more headed goals in the 2022 calendar year than any other striker from Europe's top five leagues.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...Jong was able,these were scored for Barcelona.

But yeah, let's hope Porro can help him score even more off his noddle!

What often strikes me is how he finds balance before shooting. Can be in a tight spot, need to create space, be under pressure, so many situations where players often mishit the ball. But those last moments before he shoots Kane almost always finds balance and looks in complete control.

I think that's it. The ability to stay calm, balance yourself, and fire it into the corner. So many of Kane's goals go into the side netting. It doesn't get much more simple than that -- fire it into the corner and, most of the time, you'll score. The truly great players make the game look simple, and Kane is a truly great goalscorer.

Agree, it's one of the thing you don't get with Kane, he works the keeper almost every shot. It's extremely rare to see him actually sky a ball over.

Back