• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

Friedel can hardly bend down to pick the ball up. Its a complete joke with one of the best keepers in the world on the bench.

In the pub i was in, everyone was taking the tinkle out of Friedel, and spurs fans couldnt believe how brick he was.

Did you see the penalties? Never stood a chance.

I know, mate - shocking - the second goal should have never happened if he made a fudging yard and came off his line to prevent the corner.

What grinds me the most is AVB's insistance on how we're 'aiming to win it' - at least admit it Levy's probably made the call already and save our top players for the run in, while now we're fudged with our wingers / goal threats out and Ade looking like he couldn't buy a goal

Another knee jerk thread this time started by a guy who has trouble with looking left, do not let him wind you up because he does not know of what he speaks. ;)

Atletico Madrid won the Europa League in 09-10 and 11-12 and didnt qualify for the Champion's League the following season.
Why would UEFA change the rules for Chelsea? Chelsea are exactly the type of club Platini hates.

thatsthejoke.jpg

We will finish 4th

Chelsea - 5th, while winning the EL

UEFA would then consider ammending the rules and grant them a CL place

You know it

I'd be more worried about our own FA awarding the 4th CL spot to the FA Cup winners. I heard the other day they were considering it. Would be our luck if we finished 4th and Chelsea finished 5th but won the FA Cup, that they introduced this season instead of 2013/14 or 2014/15

I think other European leagues would rebel and question what makes the FA special compared to any other European cup competition

To my mind - yes

Even if they take away 4th and give to the FA Cup winner - would UEFA be willing to take the 'risk' of havin Wigan or Milwall in the CL instead of Chelsea or Arsenal? The financial hit would be staggering and a lot of sponsors won't be happy

So Joe Lewis not wanting to spend his personal fortune on buying us trophies makes him the problem? I see.

Joe Lewis who is nearly 80, has investments in 170 companies and lives in the Bahamas. You can quite understand why he isn't motivated to be a sugar daddy to us.

I actually remember a similar thread to this in April 2010 when we still had Arsenal, Chelsea and City to play in our run-in.

Another knee jerk thread this time started by a guy who has trouble with looking left, do not let him wind you up because he does not know of what he speaks. ;)

You really are quite a small pathetic human being, you disagree with someones point of view but instead of engaging in conversation you just start with the winding up. I have no problem looking left, if your talking politically then just the other week i was calling for more protection for workers and saying about concerns i had that workers rights were being stripped away.

But because you can not change another persons opinons on something you go straight away to the insults "he does not know of what he speaks" hardly very clever is it to say things like that. Just the same old tactic from certain people to try to undermine anyone with a difference of opinon to that of their own. It is very clear to me that certain posters on this board do the same thing time and again and to provocate people into a reaction. So very sad.

Hardly knee jerk either is it because we are not 4th now and as i said in my first post and a couple of times since in this thread im sure we will be back their in october.

To my mind - yes

Even if they take away 4th and give to the FA Cup winner - would UEFA be willing to take the 'risk' of havin Wigan or Milwall in the CL instead of Chelsea or Arsenal? The financial hit would be staggering and a lot of sponsors won't be happy

You really have no idea about UEFA do you?

Platini is in favour of the FA Cup winners getting the spot. And has raised the issue repeatedly.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ni-plans-FA-Cup-winners-Champions-League.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/24/michel-platini-champions-league-fa-cup

We don't know why Joe Lewis has spent money on Spurs. Maybe its just that, an investment. I don't know if he can just pay £40m for a Leandro just like that, maybe he can or maybe he can't. But for whatever reason he is there and by and large our club is respected as being very clever with the books. Daniel Levy takes a lot of credit for this.

Judging Levy on one bit of possible business is so foolish it is unreal. You have to look at the whole track record.
And anyway, so we didn't sign a striker in January? Who were realistic targets? Players at the right standard for Spurs, willing to come, able to be released from their club? Available at an appropriate price? And likely to fit into our squad, given that we already have three forwards all with big personalities to keep happy?
And to what level is Levy responsible for this failure?
Even if we had Lionel Messi ready to come to WHL for 30p a week, Barcelona willing to take Jenas as a straight swap, and Levy said no you pay for EasyJet flights too well that is still one bad deal, out of a handful of bad decisions against an absolute stack of good ones.

Thank you Mr Levy and Mr Lewis for putting the investment in and organising us in a way that we now compete for every trophy we enter, for having the patience to push through a deal for a 56,000 state of the art stadium, for making sure we can have entertaining players like Van Der Vaart, Gareth Bale AND hold on to them for a while, and for doing what was unthinkable even just 7 years ago and pushing the top four places in the league. 4th, 5th, 4th, 3/4/5th would have been a dream for me in 2004 when it was Man U-Arsenal-Chelsea-Liverpool monopoly until infinity.

I'd rather be a Spurs fan than an Everton fan, with all the potential for the above but little fruition.
I'd rather be a Spurs fan than a City fan, with a gradual build to success than overnight transition.
I'd rather be a Spurs fan than a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan, with appalling management of finances, fans and tradition over the same period of time.
I'd rather be a Spurs fan than a Villa fan, with the gradual decline of the team and stagnant management.

7 years ago, these were our peers, similar clubs, similar fan bases. Our journey over this time has shown far better value, far more care and far more effort than any of them. That is down to Martin Jol, Juande Ramos, Harry Redknapp, Andre Villas-Boas, Luka Modric, Ledley King, 70,000 loyal fans. But choreographing all of that, the chief puppeteer is Mr Daniel Levy, and he would have no strings if the money from Mr Joe Lewis wasn't there in the first place.

You really have no idea about UEFA do you?

Platini is in favour of the FA Cup winners getting the spot. And has raised the issue repeatedly.

Errrr, he simply gives his personal opinion, not UEFA's planned proposals - and also states 'it would be very difficult', because the sponsors call the shots in these situations, more often than not

Cannot believe the pessimism in this place. Wake up! Plenty of crucial games to go yet. There will be twists. So far our rivals are yet to play their key games in the run in. It begins with Arse vs Everton this Tuesday. Chelsea still go away to Liverpool and United AND we play them. Arse still to play United.

AND, I still believe Harry will do us a favour..

STOP MOANING AND GET YOUR HEART BEHIND THE TEAM! WE ARE TOTTENHAM! WE NEVER fudging DO IT THE EASY WAY!

So we've bought good players, but we are not playing them in a European quarter final? Have you seen our keeper on both goals.

I find unbelieveble that some keep defending the direction/management with the same mistakes being made over and over again.

We can improve with or without CL football? But LLoris,vertonghen, bale and all that lot will go mate, they're not going to wait 15 years for us to get CL.

All we were asking for is a striker and possibly a midfielder, to make sure we have CL football, not asking for Falcao and Van Persie, just someone who can cover for our injury prone forwards.

Levy would have had the money back if we had been in the CL, if thats hes worried about.

Every season we start the season later than everyone, make our transfers late and lose the first games. Why? Whats the direction thinking?

These points have cost CL football 2or 3 times the last 5 years, yet we keep doing it again and we'll do it again next summer.

We're saving pennys & end up losing big at the end of the year...

This is what annoys me the most about our transfer policy. Every point counts when you're going for the top 4. It would be nice if we could get all of our deals done before the start of the season for once and give us the best possible chance of picking up maximum points in the first few games. People wonder why we struggle in the first few games, not too difficult to figure out why.

Cannot believe the pessimism in this place. Wake up! Plenty of crucial games to go yet. There will be twists. So far our rivals are yet to play their key games in the run in. It begins with Arse vs Everton this Tuesday. Chelsea still go away to Liverpool and United AND we play them. Arse still to play United.

AND, I still believe Harry will do us a favour..

STOP MOANING AND GET YOUR HEART BEHIND THE TEAM! WE ARE TOTTENHAM! WE NEVER fudging DO IT THE EASY WAY!

Just because some people don't have faith doesn't mean they aren't behind the team. You can't tell me that just over 34,000 Spurs fans will visit WHL next Sunday and all 34,000 of them will be absolutely confident of beating Emirates Marketing Project and finishing in the top 4. You may call it pessimism, others might see it as realism when you consider it's Spurs were talking about, non Man United.

Who cares what they think, for 90 minutes they should do everything they can to will the team on. If they pay 70 odd pounds to moan they can fudge off.

Errrr, he simply gives his personal opinion, not UEFA's planned proposals - and also states 'it would be very difficult', because the sponsors call the shots in these situations, more often than not

flimflam. Companies are lining up to give UEFA ridiculous amounts of money. The idea that they are in control of platini is typical conspiracy theory flimflam.

Back