• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

im not sure how people can post stuff like "it's all over" "we've fudged it up again" "it's all X/Y/Z's fault" etc etc when all is still to play for and not expect a negative response from those with the opposite opinions really

it's not so much that you think we have ballsed it up - it's the way some constantly talk as though it's already happened and actually argue against people that have faith in the team that we all support and all want to do well. i mean what is the goal there?

(that's without even mentioning the tendency some have to start dishing out the blame on certain figures at the Club - Levy, AVB whoever - for something that hasn't happened . . . "let's write an essay type post blaming the manager for his tactics which have cost us the CL place that we are still very much in with a chance of getting ](*,) )

I very much doubt anyone on here isn't behind the team. But if people don't believe like you do, what do you want from them? I haven't given up, but based on momentum, current form and our mentality, I can't see us finishing in the top 4.

im not sure how people can post stuff like "it's all over" "we've fudged it up again" "it's all X/Y/Z's fault" etc etc when all is still to play for and not expect a negative response from those with the opposite opinions really

it's not so much that you think we have ballsed it up - it's the way some constantly talk as though it's already happened and actually argue against people that have faith in the team that we all support and all want to do well. i mean what is the goal there?

(that's without even mentioning the tendency some have to start dishing out the blame on certain figures at the Club - Levy, AVB whoever - for something that hasn't happened . . . "let's write an essay type post blaming the manager for his tactics which have cost us the CL place that we are still very much in with a chance of getting ](*,) )

This. Negative is ok. Negative to the point of defeatist is not.

Not just in football either.

fudge giving up, the scum didn't, we still have 7 games to go. You get what you wish for.

COYS !!!

Edit : 6 games !

Last edited:
I very much doubt anyone on here isn't behind the team. But if people don't believe like you do, what do you want from them? I haven't given up, but based on momentum, current form and our mentality, I can't see us finishing in the top 4.

to stop :

constantly talking as though it's already happened

arguing against people that have faith in the team that we all support and all want to do well

dishing out the blame on certain figures at the Club, for something that hasn't happened

;)

just generally not try and bring other people down with your own negativity whilst it is all still to play for. i don't care if people think we aren't going to make top 4 or not - i certainly don't think the odds are in our favour so Im worried about it myself. but i'll wait until the season is over before assessing who/what were the reasons why (as i did last season)

Arsenal and Chelsea are obviously favourites, but there's still all to play for.

Chelsea have a tough run-in and a congested fixture list. Not to mention Benitez as their manager and a disjointed squad.

We will have to pull out some good performances and results ourselves, as it should be :)

There was a thread on here at the start of the season where we were asked what out hopes are for the season/ what wound be deemed a successful one. Lets go back to that and think, we would have been satisfied with 5th considering the changes in personnel over the summer. If we get 4th, aren't we ahead of the curve ? We are overacting a little only due to Norwich giving us a little hope yesterday, when in reality it was nailed on before the game for an scum win.

to stop :

arguing against people that have faith in the team that we all support and all want to do well

dishing out the blame on certain figures at the Club, for something that hasn't happened

;)

just generally not try and bring other people down with your own negativity whilst it is all still to play for. i don't care if people think we aren't going to make top 4 or not - i certainly don't think the odds are in our favour so Im worried about it myself. but i'll wait until the season is over before assessing who/what were the reasons why (as i did last season)

that should work both ways though, I don't want people fuelling hope with their positivity when the odds are against us either

that should work both ways though, I don't want people fuelling hope with their positivity when the odds are against us either

Well the opposite would be people claiming that we have already finished in the top four, and i don't think anyone has claimed that yet.

Well the opposite would be people claiming that we have already finished in the top four, and i don't think anyone has claimed that yet.

yup, now that would be equally annoying - akin to people talking as though we were already in the EL final, for example.

Guys answer me please, we we beat them in nld which felt like yesterday with a 7 point gap and now theyre ahead of us, thats just baffling,we cant just rely on bale!! holtly is still adjusting and hasnt fired yet and dempey is a waste of space he was always going to be tbh, adebayor-------?!

I think we are used to spurs letting us down time and time again. That's why there is lots of negative comments.

We know what might be coming our way. Seen it all before.

Doesn't mean we stop supporting the team.

I feel confident all of a sudden. My weird logic is telling me, Arsenals run of good form has been impressive but it's more likely to come to an end soon, and when it does the wheels could come off. I am hoping they will drop major points in their remaining games. And I fancy us to suddenly find a second wind.

Blind optimism? Probably. COYS

to stop :

;)

I could just easily say to you stop talking as if we will finish in the top based on nothing more than hope and blind faith. It's pigheadedness and makes you sound holier than thou and that you're better than those of us who aren't convinced. It's just as grating as those of us who are negative/realistic or whatever you care to label it as.

We have kind of blown it already, 7 point lead gone in a handful of games. I've not given up anything, but given Arsenal's form and tendency to come good at the end coupled with our stuttering form, I can't see us overtaking them. Chelsea is another matter. They have tougher games but they also have better players than we do.

So when are we allowed to criticise certain people? When it gets to the end of the season you'll probably still defend Levy and say "oh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing" etc.

I could just easily say to you stop talking as if we will finish in the top based on nothing more than hope and blind faith. It's pigheadedness and makes you sound holier than thou and that you're better than those of us who aren't convinced. It's just as grating as those of us who are negative/realistic or whatever you care to label it as.

We have kind of blown it already, 7 point lead gone in a handful of games. I've not given up anything, but given Arsenal's form and tendency to come good at the end coupled with our stuttering form, I can't see us overtaking them. Chelsea is another matter. They have tougher games but they also have better players than we do.

So when are we allowed to criticise certain people? When it gets to the end of the season you'll probably still defend Levy and say "oh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing" etc.

but that isn't what im doing #-o

In terms of perspective on life and football, we get all kinds of posters on here - from the wildly optimistic to the wildly pessimistic, and everything in-between. It's that difference of view that makes life and this board interesting (and often exasperating), and I welcome it, no matter how much I may disagree with some views.

At the same time, regardless of difference of opinion, there's one thing that unites us all -we all support Spurs and want them to do well.

I'm optimistic about the future of our club regardless of where we finish this season. It's on the right track, and the wheels aren't going to come off just because we didn't qualify for a play off game which we might win which allows us to play 6 more games which gives us about 10 million more in revenue. Chelsea spent GHod knows how much last summer but they are still fighting with us, so it's clear it's not all about money. It's also about the quality of the squad, the management, the balance, how much the team have gelled. We have a quality squad, a good manager who has a clear idea of how to play and just need a couple of players in to get us really looking consistent at the top end of the league I would say. That we have come this far to still be in with a shot, with this unbalanced squad this year is a fantastic achievement.

Guys answer me please, we we beat them in nld which felt like yesterday with a 7 point gap and now theyre ahead of us, thats just baffling,we cant just rely on bale!! holtly is still adjusting and hasnt fired yet and dempey is a waste of space he was always going to be tbh, adebayor-------?!

Smelling a gooner troll....

Back