• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Georginio Wijnaldum

They are both pretty much despised by the majority of our fan base. Wijnaldum offers nothing in general play but will pop up with goals in mini spells then go missing and do nothing for 10 games. Sissoko's power and directness can be an asset but he is often accused of being lazy and unmotivated. Then again anyone would be like that being managed by clowns like Pardew and McClaren. He was much improved under Rafa. All in all we don't have any need or desire to sell either so unless somebody comes up with silly money they will both have to stay.

To be fair Greg, I though that was how your entire team played last season, unless it was against us?

To be fair Greg, I though that was how your entire team played last season, unless it was against us?

Well no, not really. A fair few of our regular team were just simply not good enough for that level, these two were the most infuriating because of their clear talent but lack of desire.

Article in the Telegraph hits the tickle my balls with a feather re Sissoko: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...liance-for-france-was-not-a-surprise-for-new/

All in all though, feel good factor at the club. Club operating and acting like a proper professional football club for the first time in over 10 years. Benitez has full control and the final say on all transfers.

Really can't wait for the new season, Benitez is rebuilding and shaping the club on and off the pitch. Pretty confident of an instant return, decent cup run and being able to hit the ground running on our return to the Premier League. I think we've recruited well to date.

Well no, not really. A fair few of our regular team were just simply not good enough for that level, these two were the most infuriating because of their clear talent but lack of desire.

Article in the Telegraph hits the tickle my balls with a feather re Sissoko: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...liance-for-france-was-not-a-surprise-for-new/

All in all though, feel good factor at the club. Club operating and acting like a proper professional football club for the first time in over 10 years. Benitez has full control and the final say on all transfers.

Really can't wait for the new season, Benitez is rebuilding and shaping the club on and off the pitch. Pretty confident of an instant return, decent cup run and being able to hit the ground running on our return to the Premier League. I think we've recruited well to date.

Glad for you that the feel good factor is back ... its makes the game much more enjoyable regardless of result ..

Sold some of their players but spent a fortune bringing in replacements

And don't forget the ones he sold were developed by Poch!!!
He spent what he raised from sales.

I'm his first summer he had to sell Shaw, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Rodriguez was out with a serious injury, Shneiderlin wanted out all summer. That was a period of great upheaval but they managed to make some clever buys and Koeman did excellently to put a new side together and perform as they did.

Last season they improved further, again after losing a top player in Schneiderlin and a good right back in Clyne.

Koeman has proved he can put together a team in difficult circumstances and play decent football too whilst picking up points. Very good manager imo

He spent what he raised from sales.

I'm his first summer he had to sell Shaw, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Rodriguez was out with a serious injury, Shneiderlin wanted out all summer. That was a period of great upheaval but they managed to make some clever buys and Koeman did excellently to put a new side together and perform as they did.

Last season they improved further, again after losing a top player in Schneiderlin and a good right back in Clyne.

Koeman has proved he can put together a team in difficult circumstances and play decent football too whilst picking up points. Very good manager imo

I think he is a good manager too - not sure about very good

If he didn't spend the money he received id be a massive massive fan... But he spent a fortune and that has brought them success

People never mention players brought when people sell too unless your a big club

The bale money always gets associated with the players we brought but bizzarely not the same for smaller clubs

Looking at SCBC in 2015 they sold 2 first team players and brought in 6!!!

They sell well and buy replacements

They have improved a couple of places but that's it. Marginal improvements but I'd say a big impact was the work Poch did to make the players like Lallana worth so much for them to spend on the likes of Mane...

I think he is a good manager too - not sure about very good

If he didn't spend the money he received id be a massive massive fan... But he spent a fortune and that has brought them success

People never mention players brought when people sell too unless your a big club

The bale money always gets associated with the players we brought but bizzarely not the same for smaller clubs

Looking at SCBC in 2015 they sold 2 first team players and brought in 6!!!

They sell well and buy replacements

They have improved a couple of places but that's it. Marginal improvements but I'd say a big impact was the work Poch did to make the players like Lallana worth so much for them to spend on the likes of Mane...
As we found with the Bale money, it's all very well having a lot of money to spend but spending it wisely for the team to improve is another matter.

They improved a couple of places? Marginal improvement? That's a bit unfair again. For Southampton to have improved despite the talent drain is pretty impressive. You saw what happened to Spurs when we lost one player. Imagine losing 5 of your best players in one summer and trying to stay at the same level let alone improving!

Anyway we will have to agree to disagree. :)

Well yeah,the exact same scenario we've had every year of trying to get players who would improve the team but have to wait until the CL level clubs have done their business before seeing what's left. Is it really a coincidence we appear to be getting our players in earlier now we have CL to offer? Hmmm....
Don't get this opinion. We had done decent business by this point last year too.

Don't get this opinion. We had done decent business by this point last year too.
Its not about whether we did 'decent' business that's not the point.

Point being we would always be in for better players but not end up getting them because of the CL clubs stealing a march and signing them even if we made our move early and we'd have to go for plans B or C.

That unfortunately is a recurring theme when not having CL to offer unless you have an oil rich chairman....

Looks like they're currently more worried about the fact that he's just not very good. Of course, the moment he signs he becomes world class.
of course. Obligatory when you play for them you are a world beater. Besides dont they need to shift one of their gazzilion strikers before they can buy?

Back