• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

It's unreal this window as said above by a few on one hand look at the utter dross we have shipped out, brilliant work from all involved, obviously we have strengthened the defence which we needed to do desperately, not sold any of our star names but we really haven't added any strength in numbers to our attacking options, as we know at times we are unplayable (Chel53a) but look far too toothless in a lot of games

We also haven't added a DM which would have solved a huge degree of our defensive issues. We look weaker than last year and despite all the good work the negativity that is surrounding the club right now is justified.

At this rate I would sell Lloris as I don't see the point in keeping him in this team/squad - if we are to strip our squad and have a team of kids building for 2020 then why keep our best players? Get the money in and put it towards the stadium as its unfair on him and we also don't need him if we aren't going to show any ambition for the next 3-4 years.

We also haven't added a DM which would have solved a huge degree of our defensive issues. We look weaker than last year and despite all the good work the negativity that is surrounding the club right now is justified.

At this rate I would sell Lloris as I don't see the point in keeping him in this team/squad - if we are to strip our squad and have a team of kids building for 2020 then why keep our best players? Get the money in and put it towards the stadium as its unfair on him and we also don't need him if we aren't going to show any ambition for the next 3-4 years.

Which players leaving do you think have weakened us?

Which players leaving do you think have weakened us?

Forward+Backward.jpg

I wish I could give you two likes for this as its one of the best posts I have read. I do still go to the home games but as you say they are a chore sometimes thanks to the brain dead macarons bitching as soon as the whistle goes.

Its the away games that I love and our away support is great as they go for the love of the club ( and the tinkle ups :)).

Agree the away support is the best in the country. I love an away game but it's a long drive back when you go with my son and grandson if we lose. Two of the worse were the returns from Elland Road when we lost to Everton and the never-ending journey from Cardiff after the Blackburn game (how did we lose that?). I'm getting too old for the away games now and the ridiculous kick-off times put me off.

The whole EPL has been going backwards in quality for about 5 years now.

The top 4 aren't competitive against the top Spanish and German sides

The bottom 14 are getting further and further behind the top 6 (despite commendable efforts by Swansea and Soton)

Liverpool are spending a lot of money to go nowhere in 6th. We are spending no money (because we are investing in infrastructure instead) to go nowhere in 5th

The bottom 14 are getting further and further behind the top 6 (despite commendable efforts by Swansea and Soton)

Liverpool are spending a lot of money to go nowhere in 6th. We are spending no money (because we are investing in infrastructure instead) to go nowhere in 5th
I disagree. I think the general standard is improving. In recent weeks both Stoke and Leicester were our equals.

I think all that has happened is that the top 2 (or actually 3) in Spain have accelerated ahead (based on negotiating their own individual TV deals) and Bayern have also pushed on due to having an amazing monopoly over in Germany.

A few new players possibly became available yesterday, with teams dropping out of the CL who were banking on the finances of being in it:

- Anthony Martial (Monaco)
- Breel Embolo (Basel)

The result of Lazio - Bayer Leverkusen tonight could decide Christoph Kramer's future too

I disagree. I think the general standard is improving. In recent weeks both Stoke and Leicester were our equals.

I think all that has happened is that the top 2 (or actually 3) in Spain have accelerated ahead (based on negotiating their own individual TV deals) and Bayern have also pushed on due to having an amazing monopoly over in Germany.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Teams like that don't have the squad for sustained campaigns.

Leicester will be getting as many points under their belts as possible to cushion for their post-xmas plummet

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Teams like that don't have the squad for sustained campaigns.

Leicester will be getting as many points under their belts as possible to cushion for their post-xmas plummet
I still disagree. Look at the signings Leicester have made this Summer.... These are players that wouldn't usually be going to a lower mid-table club like Leicester. Same with Palace getting Cabaye and West Ham getting Payet and the centre half from Juventus.

The money now on offer in the PL means that players are now coming from CL clubs around Europe to play for lower midtable clubs here. I think several clubs in England have strengthened well this Summer.

I still disagree. Look at the signings Leicester have made this Summer.... These are players that wouldn't usually be going to a lower mid-table club like Leicester. Same with Palace getting Cabaye and West Ham getting Payet and the centre half from Juventus.

The money now on offer in the PL means that players are now coming from CL clubs around Europe to play for lower midtable clubs here. I think several clubs in England have strengthened well this Summer.

Only time will tell. Lots of players not wanted by the top teams in their country can see they will get more money play over here. Many have no understanding of the type of game that is played here, some will do well other won't. The TV cash has just meant teams in the EPL have more money to spend and think this will never end.

A few new players possibly became available yesterday, with teams dropping out of the CL who were banking on the finances of being in it:

- Anthony Martial (Monaco)
- Breel Embolo (Basel)

The result of Lazio - Bayer Leverkusen tonight could decide Christoph Kramer's future too

why? Leverkusen dont want to sell, they only have Kramer and Bender in midfield, i dont see Kramer leaving

Agree the away support is the best in the country. I love an away game but it's a long drive back when you go with my son and grandson if we lose. Two of the worse were the returns from Elland Road when we lost to Everton and the never-ending journey from Cardiff after the Blackburn game (how did we lose that?). I'm getting too old for the away games now and the ridiculous kick-off times put me off.

I had a few of those return journeys when my son was a child and he cried most of the way home:(, the Blackburn game was so one sided, Ferdinand should have had at least three and Friedel was immense for them.

Know what you man about the kick off times but the lads I go with are great and we usually stay over on most of the trips.

Without a doubt, but Sky tell fans that we are the best in the world and most fall for it.

Current state of affairs looks like:

Lamela out
Son in

Berahino ???

No solid CM links at the mo, which is worrying.

Back