• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Which players leaving do you think have weakened us?

I think that having squad filler for Europa Group matches is important - young players can fade or be inconsistent and I was happy with the culling, but not if there isn't going to be a reasonable investment into the squad.

If for example we were to sell Lamela, Townsend, Ade and Lennon BUT bring in the Korean Son, Berhaino and Wanyama (to me unlikely) then I would actually be happy that we have a far more balanced and hungry squad that could compete on different fronts.

In all reality if Levy were to pull that off, we would still only have a relatively low net spend so its not impossible. However it would have impacted our first 3 games and in all likelihood, our first 5, which is another serous issue all together

I think that having squad filler for Europa Group matches is important - young players can fade or be inconsistent and I was happy with the culling, but not if there isn't going to be a reasonable investment into the squad.

If for example we were to sell Lamela, Townsend, Ade and Lennon BUT bring in the Korean Son, Berhaino and Wanyama (to me unlikely) then I would actually be happy that we have a far more balanced and hungry squad that could compete on different fronts.

In all reality if Levy were to pull that off, we would still only have a relatively low net spend so its not impossible. However it would have impacted our first 3 games and in all likelihood, our first 5, which is another serous issue all together

So as it stands at the moment, you do not think that we are weaker?

I don't see it being beyond the realms that we can make 3 big signings in the next week. Adding N'Jie, Son and Berahino to our front 4 would be business I'd be very happy with. All seem to have the physicality, the technical ability and the level of english to suit Poch, suit the club, and adapt quickly to the league.

Not entirely convinced with the Wanyama link. Seems he's taken himself our of the firing line for Soton but with Poch keen to get Dier into the team and Wanyama costing a fair amount of cash, it doesn't strike me as the type of deal we would have brought Mitchell in to help us secure. More a Harry signing.

Very happy with this transfer window though. Near enough all the deadwood shifted - Lamela and arguably Dembele remain but it's not as if they don't have talent somewhere. Pritchard and Carroll back off loan and signings that all seem to suit the Poch way. I think we can surprise people this season.

Leverkusen look like they're going through, so no Kramer then.

Had a look at Sporting's lineup, but what a shower of brick. Aquilani, Bryan Ruiz, Naldo.

Is De Bruyne really worth that much, don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but 58 million?

Granted, I haven't seen much of him since he left Chelsea, but still..

He got a ridiculous amount of assists but didn't seem anything special in the world cup or for Chelsea so maybe he's just a late developer.

Tottenham Hotspur are intensively scouting Lille midfielder Sofiane Boufal.

The 21-year-old has been the cause of a number of early scouting missions for Spurs talent spotters in the opening stages of the new French campaign.

According to French outlet Mercato 365, Boufal was watched by Spurs scouts at the weekend when Lille took on Bordeaux.

The Premier League club are expected to continue scouting the midfielder over the coming week, something which suggests he is not on their agenda for the current transfer window, but at a future date.

Lille only snapped up Boufal in January this year, splurging €4m to take the talent from his first club in football, Angers.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/08/26/tottenham-hotspur-intensely-scouting-lille-starlet/232196/

A new suitor for Fabio Borini, striker who in recent weeks had been approached to Fiorentina, Lazio, Inter and Bologna. As collected by the editorial staff of TuttoMercatoWeb.com fact, Tottenham would be thinking Italian striker in case the deal for Berahino should not be successful.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/seri...stare-in-premier-ci-pensa-il-tottenham-720814

To me this De Bruyne deal just makes me think there's no reason we can't compete at the top of the league with our own constraints. Not saying it will necessarily be this season, but if we are supposed to be fearful of Emirates Marketing Project just because they can spend nearly 60 million on a player who for all his talents, simply cannot be so much greater than players we are capable of unearthing if we simply scout harder and smarter, based on his past performances here. Even if he has improved leaps and bounds, the fact that if he has improved he's done it so quickly suggests that if we sign players who aren't big names but have the right level of talent and mentality then they could make similar improvements.

We can have a youth team player score more than 20 goals a season. We can have Chadli at 7m vastly out perform Lamela and Paulinho at 30m and 17m. We can have Mason be loaned to a French lower league club and at the age of 24, finally establish himself in our first team. There is simply no way that De Bruyne is 40m or 50m better than signings we can make. Therefore if we keep making them well, we've got a good shot.

So as it stands at the moment, you do not think that we are weaker?

At this current moment out squad is weaker as we still have plauers here who are not part of the managers plans and we lack any sort of number 9 to play instead of kane. We are also very short in midfield.

As I say 3 first XI signings with a the selling of our dross, then I think we will be doing ok.

I don't see it being beyond the realms that we can make 3 big signings in the next week. Adding N'Jie, Son and Berahino to our front 4 would be business I'd be very happy with. All seem to have the physicality, the technical ability and the level of english to suit Poch, suit the club, and adapt quickly to the league.

Not entirely convinced with the Wanyama link. Seems he's taken himself our of the firing line for Soton but with Poch keen to get Dier into the team and Wanyama costing a fair amount of cash, it doesn't strike me as the type of deal we would have brought Mitchell in to help us secure. More a Harry signing.

Very happy with this transfer window though. Near enough all the deadwood shifted - Lamela and arguably Dembele remain but it's not as if they don't have talent somewhere. Pritchard and Carroll back off loan and signings that all seem to suit the Poch way. I think we can surprise people this season.

Dier isn't a CM and although he has done reasonably well he still looks too immobile and has also tried after 70mins in every game.

With some more sales expected our net spend would be minimal.

Poch is not stupid enough to think a big centre half is the answer to be relied upon. Heck even wenger would invest if that was he case at arsenal

Over in West Ham land it's a meltdown because they need 3 new first XI signings.

Quote: Getting rid of players and not bringing in replacements...We're becoming the Blackpool of the south.

There's a rumour that Nolan has had his contract paid up that seems to be bringing them some joy.

Back