• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

As for me, I live in the US and the city I live in does have a semi pro team. Unfortunately, I have met a number of their players over the years and to a man they were all clams.

Which is exactly why I struggle to maintain any interest in the Norwegian league or my local club. Quality is poor, players overpaid clams and the media hype neverending.

The PL is, well, uhm, ehh...

Compared to Norwegian football they're all Messi, I don't know too much about what they're actually like and they don't live near me.

This put me in mind of the following youtube clip of Ade Edmundson talking about following Exeter City. It isn't non league, but still appealing in a way, as well as being a chance to pull for Steve Perryman's team.

I also remember a Martin Cloake piece (which I can't locate) about the pleasures of going to a non league match: standing, ability to move around the ground, etc.

As for me, I live in the US and the city I live in does have a semi pro team. Unfortunately, I have met a number of their players over the years and to a man they were all clams. So, in order to get my non Spurs fix, I have started watching the US women's league. I am familiar with enough of the players to make it interesting and frankly I know they're NOT in it for the money. Is it as thrilling as Kane's winner against the scum? No. But it is nice to watch a football match when the result won't spoil my day/weekend/week.

With every season ticket renewal these days, I have to sing louder with my fingers in my ears to drown out that voice that keeps saying, "What you're doing is the equivalent not only of watching the wrestling, but of caring about it".

Do you really think Lamela is happy.He wants to go back to his comfort zone and inter are offering him that.If he is talking then it will be with the blessing of the club.To me it all seems to be unraveling a bit.Only one proven striker a central defence partnership that seems to get worse each game,an over reliance on youth.We may have to take a couple of steps back before we go forward yet another rebuilding season.Hopefully 7 days from now i will reflect on this and how wrong i was.
That's my point. He clearly isn't happy, yet still commanded first XI status in the most recent game.

I've watched a lot of lower league stuff, I refer to all non PL football as non league just to wind people up, I've watched many a game at Exeter City over the years as it's the family team, the thing is, the quality is generally awful so I struggle to maintain an interest, I'd rather be watching La Liga or PSG or Juve on the telly.

I voraciously watched football as a kid, I'd take anything, regular trips to layer road even to watch Colchester in the conference, now I'm more discerning and concerned with comfort, I guess that comes with getting old and having kids.

I've watched a lot of lower league stuff, I refer to all non PL football as non league just to wind people up, I've watched many a game at Exeter City over the years as it's the family team, the thing is, the quality is generally awful so I struggle to maintain an interest, I'd rather be watching La Liga or PSG or Juve on the telly.

I voraciously watched football as a kid, I'd take anything, regular trips to layer road even to watch Colchester in the conference, now I'm more discerning and concerned with comfort, I guess that comes with getting old and having kids.

I enjoy having a day out with some mates and being able to have a beer whilst standing and watching a game.

The players aren't world beaters but I will be watching a few that will progress to playing at a higher level and the football is alright.

All this and I don't feel fleeced at the end of it.

I've been going to football regularly since the mid 50's, missed about 16/17 years while I was playing but got to see some games during that period. In all the time I've been going to Spurs the last 4/5 years has been the least enjoyable and this is entirely down to the boorish behaviour of the fans around me. In that time I've seen plenty of terrible games and sub standard players and football hooliganism but still went to watch the game and team I love, now it's a chore as I know whatever happens the moaning starts before even a ball is kicked. I know we are all entitled to an opinion and it cost a lot of money but I just wish the people who don't like whats happening at Spurs would stop going. I certainly wouldn't return to a restaurant or shop where I found the product so unacceptable. At least their displeasure might show it's self to the people in charge rather than spoiling the day for others, but like all boors they are all just p*** and wind.

I enjoy having a day out with some mates and being able to have a beer whilst standing and watching a game.

The players aren't world beaters but I will be watching a few that will progress to playing at a higher level and the football is alright.

This. It's a family affair, the kids have a kickabout in the background, and I get to support the same team with my gooner mates!

I've been going to football regularly since the mid 50's, missed about 16/17 years while I was playing but got to see some games during that period. In all the time I've been going to Spurs the last 4/5 years has been the least enjoyable and this is entirely down to the boorish behaviour of the fans around me. In that time I've seen plenty of terrible games and sub standard players and football hooliganism but still went to watch the game and team I love, now it's a chore as I know whatever happens the moaning starts before even a ball is kicked. I know we are all entitled to an opinion and it cost a lot of money but I just wish the people who don't like whats happening at Spurs would stop going. I certainly wouldn't return to a restaurant or shop where I found the product so unacceptable. At least their displeasure might show it's self to the people in charge rather than spoiling the day for others, but like all boors they are all just p*** and wind.
I only go to away games or home corporate if offered, for this reason.

I wish I could give you two likes for this as its one of the best posts I have read. I do still go to the home games but as you say they are a chore sometimes thanks to the brain dead macarons bitching as soon as the whistle goes.

Its the away games that I love and our away support is great as they go for the love of the club ( and the tinkle ups :)).

hey man, if you enjoy it go for it, each to their own, all i'm saying is its not for me

hey man, if you enjoy it go for it, each to their own, all i'm saying is its not for me

Also there will be loads of players in lower leagues who could slot into a Prem team - politics, fitness, opportunities all play a huge part. Lots of very good players down there and the football is a good level, if a little pragmatic. I agree that going to football has become a chore over the past few years and the money men and world wide appeal is harming the true essence of the game

On transfers - Berahino has dragged on too long - I am actually starting to think that this won't happen.

I don't see us having the time to get anyone else in in such short notice seeing as we are trying to unrealistically haggle with clubs. I think one striker and this will be our lot - leaving Poch with a squad thats still unbalanced, short on experience and quality. From such a positive start this window has quickly become one of the most frustrating/ridiculous that I can remember (takes some doing considering our performance over the past 6-7 years)

It's unreal this window as said above by a few on one hand look at the utter dross we have shipped out, brilliant work from all involved, obviously we have strengthened the defence which we needed to do desperately, not sold any of our star names but we really haven't added any strength in numbers to our attacking options, as we know at times we are unplayable (Chelsea) but look far too toothless in a lot of games

Back