• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Because changing managers, systems and players again is guaranteed to produce better performances, right? ;)

Who would you replace AVB with then?

Wrong thread to discuss this. But I wouldn't necessarily replace him if we lost all our remaining games or keep him if we made the CL. I think there are so many variables and it's better placed to discuss it at the end of the season. But I do think prior to that many of our fans need to start judging him on what they are actually seeing and asking questions, so we are better placed to have this discussion when the time comes.

I'm going to bite. Once only. Replies in bold.

No, I'd want it reviewed at the end of the season. I can't see why you'd have any objection to this.

Review what you want, absolutely, have at it.

I remember you wrote a list of things you thought were done badly last season and were happy for the manager to be replace then. So this season I see no reason to think any differently. I know he hasn't come close to satisfying most of the issues you had with the last regime, so of course I'd expect you to be one of the people to be at the fore when it comes to questioning AVB.

No you don't. You have an agenda. Stop dressing it up like a cohesive argument. By the way, he's addressed my MAIN problem with 'the last regime' which is he doesn't fudging pass the buck, he doesn't look around for the better looking bird in the room and he takes responsibility.

Let's be honest, one of your key arguments to remove the last manager was that he relied of the quality of the individuals and that the team as a whole didn't play well. You can't deny that.

Try me. My chief argument about 'the previous' was that he put them out there and let them get on with it, could not make astute tactical substitutions to win or edge games and that he refused to ever take responsibility for everything. MY opinions. Which the likes of YOU have held onto for, well, nearly a season it would appear.

So therefore, you have to ask questions about what has happened regarding our overall performances this season. More than ever we have become reliant on the quality of an individual.

If you were to ask Harry Redknapp, I feel somewhat confident he would tell you that life would've been a lot harder without Luka Modric. Modric, Bale, VdV, Harry had immense individual quality at his disposal. But if you're going to tell me Luka wasn't vital to him, well, what can I say?

There is nothing wrong with anything I've said. It's easy for anyone of us to go through the match day threads on any Spurs forum and see what people were saying about he we played. Today isn't rare. You can't deny that. So, any reasonable fan must wonder why this is. Questions need to be asked. I find it odd that you can take exception to my point given the reasons you put forward for wanting a change of regime. The same is now happening only to a greater extent.

You don't find it strange. You're fishing for an argument and stirring the pot by again raising the spectre of our past. Like a naive juvenile I have given you some satisfaction I'm sure by biting. But frankly, when I read what I consider to be grossly selective 'truths', then it would seem churlish to remain silent. Let me go on record as saying that I hope we do not change a manager who is on target to get our best-ever points total, who is 36 years old, who works hard and who shows great class and humility AND who doesn't duck a challenge. Critically he also sees where we need to improve and the sort of players we want It's why he didn't spunk 7-8 million of the club's money on a 2nd rate striker when he'd rather put the money to the sort of forward we deserve.

That's the point I'm making. You are only reinforcing it. We know results have been good. But what I'm saying is that we've generally played poorly, often to be rescued by the brilliance of Bale. We beat Swansea 2-1 recently, but no one would say that was anything but a very average performance and we were lucky to hold on. The match day threads on every Spurs board will reflect this, as people are posting what they are seeing. Today we won, but no one is under any illusions it was anything but a poor performance.

Also no regime is simply given time to build a team. It wasn't like Levy said to Harry here is 3 years. Harry earned it. You have to earn the right to stay in your job, by proving you are an asset. What I'm saying is that we need to question AVBs contribution. Often last season it was said we finished top 4 in spite of Redknapp, so I don't see why this can't be true again.

There shouldn't be any resistance to the suggestion we question the impact AVB is having. Yet there is and it was predictable. It would be terrifying to think where we'd be this season without Bale. I can't see why that isn't a cause for people to take a closer look at the coach.

It's not reinforcing what you are saying at all. Go back to last year's OMT's and you will still find the OMT's full of negativity. That's just how OMT's always go.

He is quite obviously earning his right to stay in the job. He has us challenging for a top four position, which was what everyone hoped he would be doing at the start of the season.

We should question the impact AVB is having on our squad. And in my opinion the positives outweigh the negatives at the moment in time. If we finish 5th, my view of that shall not change.

It's not taking people to have a closer look at AVB because it's a stupid way to look at your football team. Do you think Real madrid should sit around and wonder where they would be without Ronaldo? Or Barcelona without Messi?

The facts are that they currently have these players, so the team will be judged with those players in it.

I'm going to bite. Once only. Replies in bold.

If it was true and I had an agenda I'd have been digging at you and others all season. The truth is I've just watched another poor performance and I'm worried. You say I have an agenda, but you don't seem to understand, if I do have an agenda, it's to get people to see and discuss things as they really are, rather than how they want to perceive them. You could argue my agenda is to stop agendas! I don't like the prejudices and favouritism we see on football forums. It's makes debates pointless and frustrating.

You can't simply say I don't expect you to review the season based on the criteria you listed at the start of the season. I do expect that and it's perfectly reasonable to. No one wants fans to have agendas. We want our fellow fans to want what is best for Spurs, not their own ego. Hence I'd expect you to judge things objectively, which would involve you looking to see if the issues you had have been addressed. I think you'll find it very hard to argue they have.

He's only non-existant because we play such crap and uninventive football 95% of the time.

I'd agree with your sentiment for today but not in general. We play well in patches, just not for 90 minutes. Today we was just awful full stop.

Also Bale is clearly not 100% fit, no idea whether he's playing with injections or not but he hasn't looked the same since he came back and has been a lot less involved than before. But even a 70% Bale is better than most, and thank GHod he's still delivering....

ibmU8346AbLNdD.gif

Bale deserves every award out there......im surprised he doesnt suffer from back ache after having to carry so many of the mugs around him

Look at those gifs! Why arent the rest of the team celebrating like a motherfudger as soon as that went in?

I have to say, when I'm watching a game at home, I can very much see why OMTs are full of so much negativity, as I like to follow them myself. Watching a football match when Spurs are in the kind of position they are, when a single game could ruin our season and deny us millions of pounds of increased revenue from UEFA, we feel those things when watching a game. If we're playing well but are finding it difficult to score, then emotions inside us are running wild. I like to thing of nervousness as a fear of the future. As the clock runs down in the game that nervousness turns in to frustration by the second. When we're not playing up to standard, like today, and when the game needs to be won, again like today, then of course it's even worse. When we're feeling hopeful and nothing's coming out of it at that point in time, then every moment gone becomes increasingly frustrating and that is very much reflected in the OMTs. When we're winning then all our nerves are suddenly calmed as it means every second gone brings us a second closer to winning which is all we can ask for.

Anyway on point. I'd rather us win and play badly than drop points and play well. Bale is a priceless asset. He has the same pricetag as Ronaldo and Messi. Money can't buy him. If we were to have lost him we'd have been guaranteed to have lost millions anyway. He has turned many poor performances in to wins, and I can only fear the worst if we were to lose him. Today's game emphasised the importance of him. I'm worried too. When he's off form we're often nothing. If we constantly rely on Bale and all the other issues aren't addressed then we're taking a risk. The problem is often all these issues can be ignored easily if we win the game, however today as we suffered for 85 minutes it was difficult to ignore our problems and that's why everyone's going mad today more than most of our other poor wins.

I have to say, when I'm watching a game at home, I can very much see why OMTs are full of so much negativity, as I like to follow them myself. Watching a football match when Spurs are in the kind of position they are, when a single game could ruin our season and deny us millions of pounds of increased revenue from UEFA, we feel those things when watching a game. If we're playing well but are finding it difficult to score, then emotions inside us are running wild. I like to thing of nervousness as a fear of the future. As the clock runs down in the game that nervousness turns in to frustration by the second. When we're not playing up to standard, like today, and when the game needs to be won, again like today, then of course it's even worse. When we're feeling hopeful and nothing's coming out of it at that point in time, then every moment gone becomes increasingly frustrating and that is very much reflected in the OMTs. When we're winning then all our nerves are suddenly calmed as it means every second gone brings us a second closer to winning which is all we can ask for.

Anyway on point. I'd rather us win and play badly than drop points and play well. Bale is a priceless asset. He has the same pricetag as Ronaldo and Messi. Money can't buy him. If we were to have lost him we'd have been guaranteed to have lost millions anyway. He has turned many poor performances in to wins, and I can only fear the worst if we were to lose him. Today's game emphasised the importance of him. I'm worried too. When he's off form we're often nothing. If we constantly rely on Bale and all the other issues aren't addressed then we're taking a risk. The problem is often all these issues can be ignored easily if we win the game, however today as we suffered for 85 minutes it was difficult to ignore our problems and that's why everyone's going mad today more than most of our other poor wins.

Good post!

That puzzled me too. The 3 blokes in the box don't seem all that bothered.

F**k me that's unbelievable, they look like they've just conceded the goal rather than won the game.
It even looks like they're sulking and thinking, "Gareth's scored again, I wanted to score that..." :(

F**k me that's unbelievable, they look like they've just conceded the goal rather than won the game.
It even looks like they're sulking and thinking, "Gareth's scored again, I wanted to score that..." :(

Looks to me that they are amazed and just absolutely relieved that he has got them out of a hole yet again.

Djiis, relax guys. That gif only continues about a second after the ball went in at the very most.

The lads were obviously celebrating, could see it on the telly for sure.

Look at those gifs! Why arent the rest of the team celebrating like a motherfudger as soon as that went in?

That puzzled me too. The 3 blokes in the box don't seem all that bothered.

Just sums up this forum.

Back