• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

In what way?

Just an observation of our goal, don't you think there should have been a reaction from the 3 standing together in the penalty area? Probably not an issue but gives the impression they're not bothered, similar to the performance.

Hmm..It is strange; when I saw the goal on saturday on MOTD it seems there were a whole load of players celebrating with Bale after his run to the left of the box. Only when I see that gif it looks like Defoe, Ade and co are a bit aloof about the situation. Anyone got a longer gif to get stuck into?

I would worry that the bolded bit is soirt of true and that perhaps Ade and especially Defoe is not happy about constantly beimg shown up by Bale; perhaos they even think he is seeking to be greedy and hog the limelight (which of course would not be a valid view if true; after all if they did their job Gareth wouldn't be breaking his back carrying us right now...)
Here's hoping we are seeing things that aren't really there in this situation as we will need to have team spirit at 100% against Chelski on wednesday.

Never mind about that. Last night on MOTD there was a little kid wearing the Bale shirt but also with the Bale barnet.
Amused me. Who has more of the obsession the dad or the kid?

i dont quite understand what you're trying to say here mate.

before you read this can i just say i dont want to pick a fight with anyone......and i do believe that it was mainly down to nerves what we say today but to argue some of the points you made...

by this stage of the season "getting your squad together" cant possibly be a reason for a lack of game plan, lack of motivation (if the off the ball work is anything to go by) and some other glaring things

i dont think the poster you quoted is saying anything like "sack him". just saying that questions need to be asked, thats all really.

even down to the injuries, AVB through no fault of his own, does tend to play a horse till its half dead at times....possibly bringing on the recurring injury issues to some of our players? like i said it isnt his fault....we need the points and clearly the players must be showing some improvement during training etc...and the back ups are not as reliable to deputise as he would have hoped.

i also dont believe that injuries explains the lack of a game style or playing pattern. unless they are injured to the level of messi v bayern.

no pace in midfield? we had dembele , lennon and bale in there man and two athletic overlapping full backs...or at least one over lapping and one that i wish did overlap more often. pace is not the issues and quite frankly you dont need pace to move intelligently off the ball

the striker thing is an issue and i dont think defoe played as well as he did in the start of the season . i still dont see how our lakc of strikers makes the playing style from back to edge of the final third an issue...as in how to move the ball into the attacking areas

i do think joey has a point here

Great post AS.

To be honest our performances for the most part this season have been poor. I asked a few months ago whether our league position was due to our performances, or despite or performances. I'm still of the opinion that it's despite the performance. There have too many times when we have really underperformed, and I think the main reason for that is a complete lack of intelligent movement. We see it time and time again, week in and week out.

Is this down to AVB? I don't know. I realise it's his first season and I'm most definitely NOT of the 'sack him' point of view, but I do think we have to look at why this is constantly happening. If we, the fans can see it then surely the coaching staff can and it's their job to fix that problem (no movement).

Last edited:

Great post AS.

To be honest our performances for the most part this season have been poor. I asked a few months ago whether our league position was due to our performances, or despite or performances. I'm still of the opinion that it's despite the performance. There have too many times when we have really underperformed, and I think the main reason for that is a complete lack of intelligent movement. We see it time and time again, week in and week out.

Is this down to AVB? I don't know. I realise it's his first season and I'm most definitely of the 'sack him' point of view, but I do think we have to look at why this is constantly happening. If we, the fans can see it then surely the coaching staff can and it's their job to fix that problem (no movement).

Is it under performing though, or is it the fans expecting far too much?

If he's getting us into 4th/5th whilst we perform this 'badly', what would happen if we actually performed well?

If you are of the 'Sack Him' persuasion, do you think there is someone better around who we could realistically go for?

Me? I see Echoes of Mourinho. No i don't mean he's as good a manager as Mourinho. I mean in the style. Mourinho's Chelsea was never the prettiest side, it was however very effective. Mourinho had as much money as he wanted though. Spurs this season have not been the prettiest, however we have been effective.

Last edited:

Bugger that was meant to be 'not' the sacking point of view. Poxy work colleagues talking to me mid-post!

I don't know if it's under-performing or not. It's the quality of the performances that have worried me. I think when we look back over
the season and look at player ratings we've given after games they will, for the most part, be around 6.

I can't recall too many times when I've been buzzing after a game where we've totally dominated with slick passing, amazing movement
and great pressure. Too many times we've had to rely on a moment of brilliance from Bale to bail us out (excuse the pun...).

Never mind about that. Last night on MOTD there was a little kid wearing the Bale shirt but also with the Bale barnet.
Amused me. Who has more of the obsession the dad or the kid?

Was it the kid wearing the stripe kit? who made a fist pump at the end ... was funny as hell

If it was true and I had an agenda I'd have been digging at you and others all season. The truth is I've just watched another poor performance and I'm worried. You say I have an agenda, but you don't seem to understand, if I do have an agenda, it's to get people to see and discuss things as they really are, rather than how they want to perceive them. You could argue my agenda is to stop agendas! I don't like the prejudices and favouritism we see on football forums. It's makes debates pointless and frustrating.

You can't simply say I don't expect you to review the season based on the criteria you listed at the start of the season. I do expect that and it's perfectly reasonable to. No one wants fans to have agendas. We want our fellow fans to want what is best for Spurs, not their own ego. Hence I'd expect you to judge things objectively, which would involve you looking to see if the issues you had have been addressed. I think you'll find it very hard to argue they have.

Fair play, decent answer mate.

Is it under performing though, or is it the fans expecting far too much?

If he's getting us into 4th/5th whilst we perform this 'badly', what would happen if we actually performed well?

If you are of the 'Sack Him' persuasion, do you think there is someone better around who we could realistically go for?

Me? I see Echoes of Mourinho. No i don't mean he's as good a manager as Mourinho. I mean in the style. Mourinho's Chelsea was never the prettiest side, it was however very effective. Mourinho had as much money as he wanted though. Spurs this season have not been the prettiest, however we have been effective.

I think the only reason we are getting results right now is down to the mentality of some of the players. They don't know when they're beat. This i believe is down to AVB.

Tactically we are so one dimensional though. Get the ball, break at speed.
Any team that sits deep at whl easily counters our tactic and we struggle to break them down.

And if we do break them down, its not from anything inventive its usually from a united-esque wanting it more.

I think the only reason we are getting results right now is down to the mentality of some of the players. They don't know when they're beat. This i believe is down to AVB.

Any team that sits deep at whl easily counters our tactic and we struggle to break them down.

And if we do break them down, its not from anything inventive its usually from a united-esque wanting it more.

Happened a lot the last few seasons though...lock-pickers such as Modric and (gulp) Mata- Hazard are rare...fortunately, in Bale we have a more direct one of those...

What chance is there of Bale getting Ballon D'or this year?

Messi has had a poor season by his standards, Ronaldo same, no major international tournament. Imagine that!

I hate this media obsession and how they think just because a club like Spurs has a top class player they should just give him to Man United or Emirates Marketing Project. Tell them to fudge off.

I hate this media obsession and how they think just because a club like Spurs has a top class player they should just give him to Man United or Emirates Marketing Project. Tell them to fudge off.

in all honesty i think you need to be worried about your guys. i can see at least 4 players of yours that would really help our squad. i think we may infact be coming for them this off season

I agree, I honestly don't think Bale will leave at the end of this season regardless but the media hype is just ridiculous. If he doesn't go the media will look stupid and to save face it will be something like 'Unhappy Bale made to wait one more year' etc...

i think AVB is very much in the mould of a Mourinho or someone like George Graham, meaning they place a great significance on shape, solidity, organisation, and then its up to one or two exceptional match winners to do the business and win games. Style of football or entertaining the fans is not high on the agenda. Its all about the results.

right now i think AVB is perfectly happy with Bale winning points single-handedly.

I agree, I honestly don't think Bale will leave at the end of this season regardless but the media hype is just ridiculous. If he doesn't go the media will look stupid and to save face it will be something like 'Unhappy Bale made to wait one more year' etc...

or he could go. barca, real, bayern ....all await

i think AVB is very much in the mould of a Mourinho or someone like George Graham, meaning they place a great significance on shape, solidity, organisation, and then its up to one or two exceptional match winners to do the business and win games. Style of football or entertaining the fans is not high on the agenda. Its all about the results.

right now i think AVB is perfectly happy with Bale winning points single-handedly.

Thing is our goals against record is only 8th in the league, suggesting that the things in bold aren't that good!

I'm in no way anti-AVB, but to me it seems undeniable that Bale has seriously covered up for many, many average-at-best team performances this season. It's so difficult to judge a manager because none of us know what's going on his head, on the training ground or in the dressing room, but I haven't seen much this season that makes me impressed with AVB. But of course, Bale aside, our squad is worse this season, and it's only his first in charge, so I'm looking forward to what positive changes he can make next season. The thing in his favour is that he seems a very likeable guy with his intelligence, classiness, passion and sexy face.

We WILL dominate deadline-day again this summer - nailed on!

Not sure if any other clubs sells more 'airtime' when it comes to that last few hours

in all honesty i think you need to be worried about your guys. i can see at least 4 players of yours that would really help our squad. i think we may infact be coming for them this off season

We may in fact have come for them already ;)

Last edited:

Gareth Bale will celebrate his hugely successful campaign with Tottenham by signing a new contract worth £130,000 a week.

Wales international Bale became the first Spurs player since Jurgen Klinsmann nearly two decades ago to score 20 league goals in a season when he hit the winner against Southampton on Saturday.

The PFA’s player of the year, young player of the year and Football Writers’ player of the year will gain a massive hike on his current deal which brings in a reported £75,000 a week.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has insisted the jewel in the White Hart Lane crown will stay at the club irrespective of whether or not they qualify for next season’s Champions League.

Villas-Boas wants to build a squad around Bale which is capable of winning the Premier League but Tottenham’s resolve to keep the 23-year-old will be tested in the close-season by offers from Real Madrid and possibly Manchester United which could match their valuation of £70million.

Cardiff-born Bale is believed to be happy to stay at Spurs, with the practicality of uprooting his young family a major downside to a move elsewhere.

By signing a new deal for a third successive summer he remains under contact for four years.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/06/gareth-bale-is-ready-to-sign-a-massive-new-deal-to-stay-with-tottenham-3713986/?

Back