• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Well done Bale for winning the FWA Player Of The Year award, which is his third award of the season.=D>

It is a well deserved recognition for all his brilliant performance and wonder goals he has scored this season. Not really surprised to see him win the FWA award. If you read through all the media reports, most of them seems like being obsessed by Bale.:lol:

Remember Ginola won both the PFA and FWA awards in 1999 as well. So nice to see Bale emulating Ginola in winning both. I think there is still another award, Fans POTY, still to be given. Not sure how they are voted but hope Bale can win that award too.

But for all the Players, Football Writers and Fans awards, wonder why there is no award given by the PL Managers. It would be interesting to see the managers picking out their best players every season.

Last edited:
Re: Gareth Bale - Football Writers' Player of the Year

Bale well deserved to win this award. I think FWA award is not only for those playing well but for those who entertain the most as well. Surely, Bale has been the most entertaining player this season as almost all his goals have been of world class quality. I think that's how Ginola won it in 1999 despite playing for a mid table team. Saying that, not sure how Parker won it in 2011 though.

Well done Bale for winning the FWA Player Of The Year award, which is his third award of the season.=D>

It is a well deserved recognition for all his brilliant performance and wonder goals he has scored this season. Not really surprised to see him win the FWA award. If you read through all the media reports, most of them seems like being obsessed by Bale.:lol:

Remember Ginola won both the PFA and FWA awards in 1999 as well. So nice to see Bale emulating Ginola in winning both. I think there is still another award, Fans POTY, still to be given. Not sure how they are voted but hope Bale can win that award too.

But for all the Players, Football Writers and Fans awards, wonder why there is no award given by the PL Managers. It would be interesting to see the managers picking out their best players every season.

It was a fantastic achievement for Bale to win the FWA Award in addition to his double PFA wins this season but really no more than the lad deserved.

Bale is the ninth Spurs player to win the FWA Player of the Year Award...

1957-58 Danny Blanchflower
1960-61 Danny Blanchflower
1972-73 Pat Jennings
1981-82 Steve Perryman
1986-87 Clive Allen
1991-92 Gary Lineker
1994-95 Jurgen Klinsmann
1998-99 David Ginola
2012-13 Gareth Bale

Footballer of the Year Awards 1947-48 to 2012-13

Would more depend on what Modric would have wanted and how far he would have been willing to go to push for a move if we had qualified for the CL.

I don't think we would have sold him if not for all his antics during the transfer window/pre-season. If CL would have been enough to prevent that I don't know.

Re: PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year: Gareth Bale

Reginalds response;
:lol:

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-3.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-4.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-5.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-6.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-7.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-8.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-9.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-10.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-11.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-12.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-14.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-15.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-16.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-17.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-18.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-19.jpg

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-21.jpg

...and my all time favourite

reginald-d-hunter-pfa-20.jpg

Would more depend on what Modric would have wanted and how far he would have been willing to go to push for a move if we had qualified for the CL.

I don't think we would have sold him if not for all his antics during the transfer window/pre-season. If CL would have been enough to prevent that I don't know.

Modric wanted to leave pretty desperately. His relationship with the club was dead and buried and he still feels very betrayed by what happened.

Modric wanted to leave pretty desperately. His relationship with the club was dead and buried and he still feels very betrayed by what happened.

You speak as though you know every footballer personally.

It's a bit creepy.

You speak as though you know every footballer personally.

It's a bit creepy.

:lol: One of my best friends is a Dutch player and through him I know a few other players. I don't know Modric personally, but I do know people who know him and who are very close to people at Real Madrid and naturally we talk. Football players gossip more than women!

One for the stats guys to confirm,but IIRC will it be Gareth Bale's 200th appearance for us today. 183 + 16 sub apps?

One for the stats guys to confirm,but IIRC will it be Gareth Bale's 200th appearance for us today. 183 + 16 sub apps?

Player of the Year Bale is set to make his 200th appearance for Tottenham. He has now scored 13 Premier League away goals this season, more than any other player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22320583

They agree, but they are not exactly the most reliable on this sort of thing.

What can't he do?

fudging ridiculous player. Cutting in onto his favoured left from the right...

Didn't cope well with the lack of central space, but he just always comes up with the goods.

What can't he do?

fudging ridiculous player. Cutting in onto his favoured left from the right...

Didn't cope well with the lack of central space, but he just always comes up with the goods.

Great player isnt he.

Top 5 in the world: Van persie, Bale, Falcao, Ronaldo, Messi. In no particular order of course.

Back