• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Sad thing is Madrid have fudged with everything to the point where I am beginning to not give a fudge. I genuinely believe that if Levy is 'forced' to buckle that we will have seen the game take a dramatic new low twist to a place where there will be a super-league of mega-rich dirty-tricks clubs and the rest of us...

Decent players who don't mind joining a club lacking the ambition to keep their star player two seasons in a row. And don't mind not being in CL and earning under £80k p/w. So probably not that decent tbh.

I just cannot imagine Bale saying this for a second. Crazy

Beware the agent!
At this point the lad's head must be like mush...it's sad really, all of it...think about it this way. Even if Levy does dig his heels in come what may, we will now have a player who has been officially destabilized and who will spend the season perhaps not at 100% because of that...Madrid are scum.

Does kind of seem like he's off but maybe that's just me falling for the media speculation.

In the very unfortunate circumstance that we lose Bale we should try to get cash + Di Maria. He is much better than any player we could hope to lure here on our own, but as part of a deal Real might be able to convince him to leave if they make it clear he's not part of their plans. Doubt it happens, but would be amazing, top top player.

Bale isn't leaving this summer and he's going to have a good season with us at the very least. He is too talented not to. Not sure why I ever read this thread, it always seems to wind me up!!

Look, whatever Madrid wants, Bale wants or Barnett wants, I hope Levy says fudge you, he's available when we say so.

Wouldn't surprise me if the injury is fake or exaggerated but not necessarily because he is off.
That pitch was a nightmare. Play him in pointless friendlies and risk injuring

a) our star player
or
b) an £80+m asset?

No brainer either way.

I'd be gutted if true but tbh it wouldn't be a huge surprise to me personally, one thing I've learned from Football and that is it's about as unpredictable as the weather, both on and off the pitch.

http://gu.com/p/3hj2m/tw

Gareth Bale in battle to force through £86m move to Real Madrid

• Gareth Bale distraught by Tottenham's stance
• Daniel Levy refuses to consider world-record offer

Gareth Bale is upset with the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy after his refusal to consider Real Madrid's unprecedented €100m offer for the Welshman. Photograph: Sang Tan/AP
David Hytner

Gareth Bale has been left distraught by the refusal of Daniel Levy, the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, to consider a world record €100m – £86.3m – offer from Real Madrid.
Real have made their move for their long-time target and Bale is determined to complete the transfer. He wants to play Champions League football, which Tottenham cannot offer after they finished fifth in the Premier League last season, but the allure of Real runs some way deeper.
Bale recognises Real as one of the world's leading clubs, capable of competing for the grandest prizes. In the event of leaving Tottenham, whom he joined from Southampton in 2007, he has always dreamed of playing for the Bernabéu club.
He has enjoyed his six years at White Hart Lane, where he is feted by the supporters, but feels that the time is right to move on. It is impossible to dispute the value and service that he has given to the club, with last season being his best. The 24-year-old scored 26 goals in all competitions and swept the individual awards, being named as the PFA's player and young player of the year and the Football Writers' Association player of the year.
Bale is horrified by Levy's intransigence. The chairman has the reputation as a tough negotiator but to Bale, the offer from Real is one that should be impossible to refuse. The world record transfer is Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m move to Real from Manchester United in 2009.
Bale cannot believe that Levy is blocking what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, with the chairman merely maintaining that his prized asset is not for sale. Bale's worth to André Villas-Boas's team is obvious but the Wales international feels that there comes a point when it is unfair to hold somebody to the terms of his contract. His deal has three years to run.
The situation has got under Bale's skin and it is threatening to turn ugly. He has had a glute muscle problem, which has restricted him in pre-season, but it has come to feel slightly convenient as he has been in no frame of mind to play. Bale featured in the club's opening friendly against Swindon Town but he missed the game against Colchester United and, although he travelled to Hong Kong for the Asia Trophy, he has not trained and he missed Tottenham's matches against Sunderland and South China.
Villas-Boas said after his team's 6-0 win over South China on Saturday that he expected Bale to return to training on Wednesday and be available for the friendly against Monaco at the Stade Louis II on Saturday. But it is highly unlikely that he will play.
Villas-Boas has been exasperated at the persistent questions over Bale's future but it felt as though his tone had changed at his press conference following the South China match. He has towed the line about Bale not being for sale and repeatedly stated that his information is that it is impossible for a deal to be struck with a rival club.
But in Hong Kong on Saturday, he was reticent, refusing to deny that Real had made a bid for Bale and also refusing to be drawn on reports from Spain that the player was pressing for the move. "I don't want to comment on anything like that," Villas-Boas said. "I cannot speak about anything." The manager gave the same response to a question about Real's conduct.
Tottenham used Bale at a promotional launch for their new kit at the beginning of the month and he talked of wanting to help the club finish in the Champions League places, which raised hopes that he could yet snub Real's advances.
Only on Friday, Villas-Boas said that talks were "ongoing" with Bale's representative about the possibility of the player signing a new deal at White Hart Lane. But there have been no such negotiations and Bale's mind is made up about his next move.
Tottenham continue to press ahead with business for the new season and they are close to finalising the transfer of the ¤30m-rated Valencia striker Roberto Soldado. They have already signed the midfielder Paulinho for a club-record £17m from Corinthians and the winger Nacer Chadli for £7m from FC Twente.
Additional reporting by Jamie Jackson in Hong Kong
Share via Email
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Most read

IF all this is true then id say 90m all up front (none of this structured brick).

The figure 81m is made up tho - I think the media have just added a 1m to sensationalise the transfer as a world record fee (beating ronaldos fee).

This is so brick, fudge football if this happens. I bet if we got the money, the £50m~ spent on Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado(if it goes through) would come out of it, rather than be in addition to.

If Bale goes then AVB will follow shortly. This is a watershed moment.

I cant imagine that to be the case, the soldado deal would signal a few things. Soldado wouldnt come if we sold Bale - im sure.

In the off chance you are right - it would be proper brick if we cant just for fudgein once have a proper stab at the league (with al departments of the team at full strength as it would be with soldado)

Back