• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Out of interest - if Bale does want to go - what would everyones stance be then? If he DOES want to go - id sell him (although could be a bit late now).

Out of interest - if Bale does want to go - what would everyones stance be then? If he DOES want to go - id sell him (although could be a bit late now).

When Levy stopped Modric going that last season he was here I thought he would not be the player he was for that season. That he would sulk and not play well. But he didn't. He surprised me and played excellently.

If the same happened with Bale this season I KNOW he would still play excellently.

So no. I would still keep him for one more season even if he wants to go.

When Levy stopped Modric going that last season he was here I thought he would not be the player he was for that season. That he would sulk and not play well. But he didn't. He surprised me and played excellently.

If the same happened with Bale this season I KNOW he would still play excellently.

I dont think Bale wants to go JUST YET. But players change their minds etc. I dont think Bale would sulk but its not a nice feeling when you know a player will leave and you have to support him.

On another point - I think the club do own a duty to us fans/stakeholders by commenting on whether the Bale stories are true. You can argue that silence is golden and the silence is an indication theyre not but on the flip side silence could also mean theyre true.

Obviously they just displaced Modric to Bale in those reports. Identical to last summer those reports.

I dont think Bale wants to go JUST YET. But players change their minds etc. I dont think Bale would sulk but its not a nice feeling when you know a player will leave and you have to support him.

He has 3 years left on his contract its not his choice if he leaves or not

He has 3 years left on his contract its not his choice if he leaves or not

Yes not his choice NOW and we can afford to 'force' him to stay this season but with two years remaining it would be a totally different kettle of fish and the power shifts. Essentially he is on a one year contract with us - unless we are happy to lose 60-80m.

Yes not his choice NOW and we can afford to 'force' him to stay this season but with two years remaining it would be a totally different kettle of fish and the power shifts. Essentially he is on a one year contract with us - unless we are happy to lose 60-80m.

if he leaves he will go next season, again if he has another great season he will still be worth £60m this time next year maybe more

if he leaves he will go next season, again if he has another great season he will still be worth £60m this time next year maybe more

Oh I agree - next season he may well go. I suspect he will sign a new contract a) out of respect to us so we can get a higher fee b) he gets more money and c) he will only sign if there is some sort of clause (my take on it) That way he will still be worth 70-80m IF he has another super season

I hope if he stays the is some sort of deal that he will not play europa or league cup games. We would have got 4th if he was not so tired he put in an awful performance at home to everton and then west ham in the end of the season run in.

I hope if he stays the is some sort of deal that he will not play europa or league cup games. We would have got 4th if he was not so tired he put in an awful performance at home to everton and then west ham in the end of the season run in.

WTF !!! he was awesome home and away, your getting muddled up Chich

I admire your confidence, but I am not so sure.

I've only ever had two gripes about Bale. One is that I do think he isn't very sporting, and goes down easy. Secondly is that he is a bit of a drama queen when he does get a knock. For me the biggest improvement in his career came under Redknapp because, in Redknapp's own words "We had to toughen him up a bit" and that even in training Bale would often go off "injured" after taking a knock (and the way Redknapp inferred it was that it didn't take much of an injury for Bale to have to go off).

IF Bale does want to go and we prevent him from doing so, then I can personally see Bale missing games next season with niggling injuries that the medical staff cannot find what the problem is especially on days where the weather isn't great. The good thing is I'd imagine most of those games where he has a knock would be against easier teams and non-glamour ties and he would be fit for the showcase matches.

I'm really hoping that everything that is going on right now is nothing more than mind games to get him an improved contract. But regardless of the reasons, I do not believe that things are at all rosey at the moment between Bale and Spurs. What may be the deciding factor here is that Bale seems to have a good relationship with AVB, so although Bale's relationship with Levy may break down (like Modric) he may not want to let AVB down (like Modric didn't want to let Harry down).

it'll be interesting to see if the lure of short term money outweighs the sponsorships etc that Bale /spurs would get long term with keeping him - I think this will really show our ambition

it'll be interesting to see if the lure of short term money outweighs the sponsorships etc that Bale /spurs would get long term with keeping him - I think this will really show our ambition

Certainly, it's more than one player. If we keep him players will be more likely to see us as truly ambitious and really meaning business. It'll show that we want to compete for honours and not settle for the odd champions league place.

On the other hand, if we sell him we look less ambitious and bigger clubs will continue to see us as easy prey for transfer targets, and they'll be more inclined to push it soon.

Lastly, another incentive to keep him is Real Madrid are one of the unclassiest teams on the planet and they don't deserve to enter negotiations with us or Bale after they way they've acted. If they want him that badly they can make us an offer that we cannot refuse (not horses head) and enter negotiations rather than trying to unsettle him.

Met a Real Madrid season ticket holder at a party last night. He was bigging up Bale and said he was deffo joining RM in the next few days. He made the interesting statement that once RM came calling they invariably get their man - especially as he has been "promised" to the fans.

I said probably next season but I doubted now. He was adamant though so we took a bet on it.

Now really really hope I am right, but the latest news about a contract renegotiation, GB apparently saying he wants to join RM, and the fact he is supposedly injured ATM, don't auger well IMO.

The efforts Madrid have gone to with regards to destabilizing the player, agent and fudging around with our club, are absolutely unbelievable and without precedent. Whatever actually ends up happening (I still believe Levy will stick to his guns) my disgust for Madrid, and the way modern football works, has reached a new high.

The efforts Madrid have gone to with regards to destabilizing the player, agent and fudging around with our club, are absolutely unbelievable and without precedent. Whatever actually ends up happening (I still believe Levy will stick to his guns) my disgust for Madrid, and the way modern football works, has reached a new high.

I hope they win fudge all again this season

Fed up with it all, want him gone asap. Else we will be scraping around on deadline day for players like Dempsey again

No I'm just fed up, he can stop this at anytime using just his twitter account. But he is using silence to his own advantage. not the sort of player I want at our club anymore

:rolleyes:

Don't let the Spanish tabloid get to you.

There's nothing for him to 'stop'. He's not in control of what others say and if we get into the realms of responding to every press rumour then we are on very dodgy ground and would open ourselves up to a world of brick.

The boy is fine, he's done nothing wrong and has even talked about getting us into the CL next season.

Back