• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Calm down, calm down!!

If the deal is right for TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, then he should go.

By Real play this game with someone every window, it just so happens to be us twice in a row (which in itself should be taken as a measure of our development over the last few years).

If the Suarez thing starts to get some legs, the Bale thing will drop off.
It is all part of the Real Madrid circus.

If Real do agree a fee, we know it will be MASSIVE. That could do us a lot of good in terms of overall strength of the team (better than relying on one man - he will lose form at some point. What if he gets injured?)

And if so, I could not begrudge Bale moving.
(although I do think Real is the wrong move for him. Bayern (although not sure where he would fit now) or Man U (although I think Man U with no Fergie still isn't the right move)

Im starting to feel that we should sell him if the hype is real. He is going to leave us sooner or later and i would prefer to get Top dollar for him whilst its possible. Take the 65m or whatever and rebuild the team with 3-4 quality players to replace the 1. Scum did it loads of times over. The way Real Madrid court our players and get away with it tinkles me off no end.

It is dispicable I agree - acting like to biggest bully in the playground..

You say we could get 3-4 players I agree.......and that could be the difference between another 10 maybe more points from a season. if cash is invested wisely.

Gareth bale must not be sold to epl rival.....who knows how post fergie manu will get on pellegrini could be the new ramos at city. imo anything less than 100m should not be sold to another team in epl - if you factor in the money of finishing positions.....ucl place if bale gets you 20points a season thats another 10-15m on the fee.

Regardless of Bale we know where we have to improve if were honest........so here goes.....

two guys I love but if im honest are not the level we need anymore and there is better out there attainable for us.

Benny(will always be weak def and cost us) Dawson (big heart but not a top class cb gets shown up against class eg (chelsea)
Hudd (passenger) Parker (past it) Defoe (past it) Ade (not hungry enough).

These are players that I think should be moved on and I think we can upgrade each any everyone of them and have a better season than last year.

Of course much hinges on Bale. Sadly I believe we will only see alot of movement if Bale goes.....yet still at least half of bale money will go to stadium funds.

I personally dont believe we can offer Bale a massive new contract and sign 3-4 players to put around him. dont think we have the dollar.

Benny(will always be weak def and cost us) Dawson (big heart but not a top class cb gets shown up against class eg (chelsea)
Hudd (passenger) Parker (past it) Defoe (past it) Ade (not hungry enough).

These are players that I think should be moved on and I think we can upgrade each any everyone of them and have a better season than last year.

Of course much hinges on Bale. Sadly I believe we will only see alot of movement if Bale goes.....yet still at least half of bale money will go to stadium funds.

I personally dont believe we can offer Bale a massive new contract and sign 3-4 players to put around him. dont think we have the dollar.

agree. we dont have the dollar to pay to level for players and top wages at the same time without Champions league. So we have the extra TV money we can use to boost the wage levels of incoming players and so use the Bale money to improve the squad in 4 positions.

I agree on getting rid of BAE and Dawson for the same reason. I would replace them with new younger guys. Up front i would love us to sign Villa even at his age and maybe another younger striker like Benteke. And we are desperate for another creative midfielder so would love to get Modders back or Isco or pjanic now that moutinhio is gone. Replace Bale with Hulk or give Townsend a real run.

So nobody wanted to join United when they sold Ronaldo? Or Arsenal when they sold RVP?

And nobody wants to join Dortmund now they have sold Gotze?

They'd join us for the same reasons they would have joined us if we'd never had Bale.

All these clubs have had recent on the field achievements that can offset against losing a marquee player, whilst our situation is far more difficult given we finished outside the champions league places and give the impression to the outside world that we are unable to take the next step to join the elite.

United were champions of Europe the season before and runners up to Barca, the season they lost Ronaldo. They also won the Premiership. They are the most successful club domestically in England.
The Woolwich have consistently qualified for the Champions League, have had success in the not so distant past and at the very minimum are consistent participants for a champions league place and the trophy itself.
Dortmund were back to back German champions, champions league runners up and have qualified for the CL again.

All these teams will offer more to a higher calibre of player than we can and are more able to replace marquee players because they are quite simply higher up the footballing food chain than us.
We aren’t quite there yet and a key attraction to attracting players of a similar ilk to Bale would be the man himself, would we capitulate and never be heard off again , of course not. Would we be in a far weaker position after selling a marquee player than the other clubs you mentioned, IMO Yes.

agree. we dont have the dollar to pay to level for players and top wages at the same time without Champions league. So we have the extra TV money we can use to boost the wage levels of incoming players and so use the Bale money to improve the squad in 4 positions.

I agree on getting rid of BAE and Dawson for the same reason. I would replace them with new younger guys. Up front i would love us to sign Villa even at his age and maybe another younger striker like Benteke. And we are desperate for another creative midfielder so would love to get Modders back or Isco or pjanic now that moutinhio is gone. Replace Bale with Hulk or give Townsend a real run.

the more likely scenario is Townsend takes over bale mantle albeit he cant operate centrally.

Hulk will cost in the region of 40m considering our highest transfer was 16.5m can you really see us buying hulk??

would love him but well out of our price range - creative mid wise Y Belhanda is more within our reach 10-15m maybe.

either way I would love to see some action from avb/levy this summer 3-4 good decisions player staff wise could be huge for us.

All these clubs have had recent on the field achievements that can offset against losing a marquee player, whilst our situation is far more difficult given we finished outside the champions league places and give the impression to the outside world that we are unable to take the next step to join the elite.

United were champions of Europe the season before and runners up to Barca, the season they lost Ronaldo. They also won the Premiership. They are the most successful club domestically in England.
The Woolwich have consistently qualified for the Champions League, have had success in the not so distant past and at the very minimum are consistent participants for a champions league place and the trophy itself.
Dortmund were back to back German champions, champions league runners up and have qualified for the CL again.

All these teams will offer more to a higher calibre of player than we can and are more able to replace marquee players because they are quite simply higher up the footballing food chain than us.
We aren’t quite there yet and a key attraction to attracting players of a similar ilk to Bale would be the man himself, would we capitulate and never be heard off again , of course not. Would we be in a far weaker position after selling a marquee player than the other clubs you mentioned, IMO Yes.

This is what I said yesterday. If we lose Bale we are fcuked. United lost Ronaldo and were not, Fabregas, Henry, Van Persie for Arsenal and they still competed for top 4.

We are in a completely different situation. If United lost Rooney this year they could still win the league.

Agree that without Bale we'll almost certainly slip further away from top 4 IMO. £60m isnt that much these days. Oscar cost Chelsea almost half that. Liverpool paid £20m+ to secure the likes of Downing and Henderson.

There will be four teams competing for the title next season so once again it's a case of hoping to pip the weakest link to 4th. It would be nice to Levy make a statement by keeping Bale and properly backing AVB in the market to give us a chance at the title.

The analogy is wrong but the principle is the same - our main attraction was Bale (believe it or not) and their main attraction was Fergie. Manure also have much more clout than we have so they could continuously attract players.

The thing is we dont have the clout - I dont think we could attract the players we should be getting to replace Bale. Then again I dont know what AVB will have up his sleeve and then again I dont really trust Levy to go all out for AVBs targets. Thats what concerns me most actually.

That's what concerns me too. We'll make an outlandish bid for some unattainable player on the last day of the window, which we ultimately won't get.

Agree that without Bale we'll almost certainly slip further away from top 4 IMO. £60m isnt that much these days. Oscar cost Chelsea almost half that. Liverpool paid £20m+ to secure the likes of Downing and Henderson.

There will be four teams competing for the title next season so once again it's a case of hoping to pip the weakest link to 4th. It would be nice to Levy make a statement by keeping Bale and properly backing AVB in the market to give us a chance at the title.

Do you know the most frustrating thing is that every club who finished above us in the league reckons that if they had bale they would do more......even arse fans reckon if they had bale they would have won the league.....i find it hard to argue that they wouldnt have least been right up with utd.

the 4 mentioned all know we have a marquee player and they all thank the gods that we surround Bale with ineptitude for the most part they mostly think if sandro kept fit and we had a striker who actually fkin contributed we could ourselves be right up there!!!!!!

if we were mid table team then beny, parker, dawson would be perfect to getting us top 8 finish. but thats not where we are........... We could be on the cusp of great thing.......we are now talking very fine margins and ruthlessness is needed.

put aside fond memories of dawson, parker, benny even hudd........the glaring truth is they are not good enough to push us on from cl almost team.

If we somehow keep Bale - cut out the glaring weaknesses of our squad we could REALLY be in business.

If Bale goes we need an overhaul.

Every decent team has a decent spine right????????? lloris verts sandro dembele.......decent.....another decent cb needed creative cm to compliment sandro/demb a player up top that actually reminds us what a cf can bring to the team....we are in business....even if Bale goes......go with youth a rb/lb walker fryers rose naughton......save money on benny......

We are now dealing with very fine margins - 2 more points and we deem last season as sucess but no its the usual gut wrenching feeling of missing out again and being the fall london side.

FFS Levy fine fine margins cut away the canker ade and replace with someone hungry for sucess.....its even worse having all the attributes to be a beast of a striker if you dont fkin use them.....the audley harrison of boxing..........f off and play in acon as much as you like.

Come on levy pull some strings to ensure we improve on last season......cause we have a ruddy good manager so stop tying his portuguese hands behind his fkin back......

rant over.

If you put Bale into another side you don't automatically add 20 goals, he will be replacing someone who is already contributing.

I can't see how having Bale or not matters one bit for the players we want to sign. It's the standing of the club and how much money that's on offer that matters. We are currently just below Arsenal, but above Liverpool in terms of attractiveness IMO. But as we saw with Vertonghen, we can get players to choose us ahead of the scum if the deal is right for the them.

If you put Bale into another side you don't automatically add 20 goals, he will be replacing someone who is already contributing.

I can't see how having Bale or not matters one bit for the players we want to sign. It's the standing of the club and how much money that's on offer that matters. We are currently just below Arsenal, but above Liverpool in terms of attractiveness IMO. But as we saw with Vertonghen, we can get players to choose us ahead of the scum if the deal is right for the them.

Bale is that fkin good.......imagine arse playing him up top instead of giroud.......how many more points do you think they would be better off????

Verts is the sort of signing we need.

If we tie down bale any player with half a brain knows they could enhance themselves by playing with better players eg bale....hungry players not passengers content with bale digging them out of a hole..

its always the same we just never do what needs to be done..... Bale or no Bale we have to improve and not stagnate........ with a bit more quality Bale is good enough to have us right up there!!!

it hurts being so close really fkin hurts and I dont even think we have to go out and spend silly money...... in order to be 5-10 points better off next season what do you think needs to be done?????

time for our chairman to read our fkin motto.......be brave and do what needs to be done......upgrading some of our weaknesses doesnt have to cost the earth.

but yes when you have a player like Bale you have to move heaven & earth to make him feel wanted/stay.......show him we mean business.....

are we gonna do this???

Likewise someone could be wary against signing for us if they see others being forced to stay when an offer from one of the very top clubs comes in. We do have to accept that some might still see us as the next step before going to the likes of Barca/Real/United.

Using ourselves as an example:

We signed Berbatov after selling Carrick
We signed Modric after selling Berbatov
We signed Lloris, Dembele and Vertongen after selling Modric

So i don't see what people are basing the opinion on, of not being able to sign quality if Bale should be sold on. Sure we could possibly attract a higher quality with him here (which is exactly what i think will happen anyway, rendering the discussion pointless :D ) but we are still in a position to carry on buying players good enough to build a team capable of getting us to where we want to be.

Likewise someone could be wary against signing for us if they see others being forced to stay when an offer from one of the very top clubs comes in. We do have to accept that some might still see us as the next step before going to the likes of Barca/Real/United.

couldnt agree more so the answer is to sign 3-4 of these players that effect one season where we finish where we need to.

we have no divine right to win anything but we need a winning mentality.... a club constantly improving.... despite having lower wage bills we have two consecutive seasons where we should have done more.......

I love Spurs I love Levy I love WHL ...

I want everyone at spurs to be hurting like hell and determined to push on next season.

yes im happy we are not dross like years ago.....i appreciate how far we have come....bridged the gap.....

but im still not content with that.......bill nich wouldnt be...

with the right decisions we could do more... sucess breeds more sucess.....generally.

Time for spurs to keep growing...... or we fall back to mediocrity......... I dont care if that sounds dramatic.

Massive summer ahead for us....... how are we going to improve??

Bale is that fkin good.......imagine arse playing him up top instead of giroud.......how many more points do you think they would be better off????

Verts is the sort of signing we need.

If we tie down bale any player with half a brain knows they could enhance themselves by playing with better players eg bale....hungry players not passengers content with bale digging them out of a hole..

its always the same we just never do what needs to be done..... Bale or no Bale we have to improve and not stagnate........ with a bit more quality Bale is good enough to have us right up there!!!

it hurts being so close really fkin hurts and I dont even think we have to go out and spend silly money...... in order to be 5-10 points better off next season what do you think needs to be done?????

time for our chairman to read our fkin motto.......be brave and do what needs to be done......upgrading some of our weaknesses doesnt have to cost the earth.

but yes when you have a player like Bale you have to move heaven & earth to make him feel wanted/stay.......show him we mean business.....

are we gonna do this???

Bales agent has already said that Bale is not looking for a move and will not agitate for one as he's happy where he is. IF the club accept a bid from Real (or anyone i guess) then he will listen to offers, who wouldn't want to hear what the biggest Clubs in the workd hace to say? - so i think he quite obviously does feel wanted here.

Anyone thinking that there is sonething we can do to make him not want to play for Real further down the line though is in need of a wake up call - we could win the league next season and it probably still wouldn't be enough - look at Ronaldo at United and the players ready to leave Dortmund of perfect examples of the draw which clubs Real Madrid hold.

Bales agent has already said that Bale is not looking for a move and will not agitate for one as he's happy where he is. IF the club accept a bid from Real (or anyone i guess) then he will listen to offers, who wouldn't want to hear what the biggest Clubs in the workd hace to say? - so i think he quite obviously does feel wanted here.

Anyone thinking that there is sonething we can do to make him not want to play for Real further down the line though is in need of a wake up call - we could win the league next season and it probably still wouldn't be enough - look at Ronaldo at United and the players ready to leave Dortmund of perfect examples of the draw which clubs Real Madrid hold.

I accept quite readily we cant resist madrid forever.......I know ledley would have left us if not for injuries as he was that good.

I just want us to improve because being the london fall guys fkin hurts.

my point is that if we do get another season out of Bale then we have to really go for it.... in terms of axing those not up to scratch.

Is top 4 attainable?? a little harder now but yes.......winning the league......? doubtful but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I would like upgrades for the players mentioned.....lots to be positive about young players rose townsend gylfi carrol walker naughton.

but lets try and upgrade senior players who wont take us further and replace them with players of quality & hunger....

Weimann mcmanaman mcarthy williams long........players who could offer something more without breaking the bank.

I think that Florentino Perez was born to blow me.

Disrespectful prick. Makes me hate RM even more when reading something like this.

I accept quite readily we cant resist madrid forever.......I know ledley would have left us if not for injuries as he was that good.

I just want us to improve because being the london fall guys fkin hurts.

my point is that if we do get another season out of Bale then we have to really go for it.... in terms of axing those not up to scratch.

Is top 4 attainable?? a little harder now but yes.......winning the league......? doubtful but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I would like upgrades for the players mentioned.....lots to be positive about young players rose townsend gylfi carrol walker naughton.

but lets try and upgrade senior players who wont take us further and replace them with players of quality & hunger....

Weimann mcmanaman mcarthy williams long........players who could offer something more without breaking the bank.

Im sure we will be looking to improve the team regardless of what happens re Bale. I think it's highly unlikely Levy believed the squad at the end of last summers window was balanced or in any way complete, im sure also that he knew we would need to bring in at least a striker and a playmaker this summer.

Im not hurting as much as you seem to be - until the new stadium is in place we cannot compete at the same level as Arsenal so im prepared to wait until then. However, we CAN build a team good enough to overtake them if we play it smart in the market - we should have finished 3rd under Redknapp with the team we had built and we were very close this season with what id consider a weaker team - so a good summer in the transfer market could see us in with an even better chance.

Using ourselves as an example:

We signed Berbatov after selling Carrick
We signed Modric after selling Berbatov
We signed Lloris, Dembele and Vertongen after selling Modric

So i don't see what people are basing the opinion on, of not being able to sign quality if Bale should be sold on.
Sure we could possibly attract a higher quality with him here (which is exactly what i think will happen anyway, rendering the discussion pointless :D ) but we are still in a position to carry on buying players good enough to build a team capable of getting us to where we want to be.

I guess it goes back to losing Waddle and then signing Lineker. We never seem leaps in progress when we sign a top player after losing one, because we never seem to get where we want to be. Imagine having Waddle, Gazza and Lineker in the same team or having Berbatov, Modric and Carrick in the same team. How about we keep what we have and then add to it, how else are we ever going to rise above the occasional 4th place finish?

Any young player with a knowledge of our recent history will surely note 2 things:

1) With some luck we might actually become CL regulars, where all these potential signings want to end up.
2) We have let 3 vital players go for large fees recently, if you are good enough you will be allowed to leave.

Nearly every young player coming to us will do so because either no CL teams want them or they would not be regulars in any of the CL teams that do want them. They will hope that in a couple of years they can start playing every season in the CL. By coming to Tottenham they can achieve this. But if we don't manage it and they still shine, we have a history of letting players go with 2 years remaining on their contract.

Surely we are the perfect stepping-stone club?

Back