• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I guess if Bale is sold this summer it should definetly not be for £65m for the simple reason we know Real Madrid would easily be able to afford that amount. At the very least it should be a world record figure of no less than £81m, and ideally not this summer

This just in, SUN exclusive:

5 clubs willing to pay £80 million for Bale

They also understand that his new deal is worth £120K a week including bonuses.

Is this Bale's agent?

_42132040_barnett203.jpg

Last Updated: Tuesday, 26 September 2006, 14:57 GMT 15:57 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Cole's agent handed FA suspension
Cole's agent Jonathan Barnett
Barnett has denied the charges against him
Agent Jonathan Barnett has had his licence suspended for 18 months and been fined £100,000 for his role in the Ashley Cole tapping-up affair.

An independent Football Association disciplinary commission found Barnett had breached two rules regarding illegal approaches in January 2005.

Nine months of Barnett's ban from acting as an agent have been suspended.

Barnett has denied any wrongdoing and his solicitor Graham Shear announced he would be lodging an appeal.

Shear said in a statement: "Following the sanction arrived at by the Football Association disciplinary tribunal I can confirm that I am instructed to lodge an appeal on the grounds that in the circumstances it is both excessive and disproportionate.

"It is hoped that this appeal will be heard as quickly as possible."

Cole - then of Arsenal - Chelsea and manager Jose Mourinho have already been punished for their role in the meeting.

England defender Cole and his agent Barnett met with Mourinho, Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon and agent Pinhas Zahavi at the Royal Park Hotel in London on 27 January 2005, while Cole was an Arsenal player.

The England full-back later signed a new contract with Arsenal but moved to Chelsea last month after a summer of protracted negotiations between the two clubs.

Barnett denied any wrongdoing but the commission found two misconduct charges against him proved - that he procured a breach of Premier League rule K5 regarding illegal approaches and that he was guilty of failing to respect the rights of a third party (Arsenal).

The commission said it was "wholly satisfied that Mr Barnett was a prime mover in the setting up of the meeting".

It added that the second nine months of Barnett's punishment will be suspended on condition that he does not, within the 18 month period, breach any Football Association rule.

Chelsea were fined £300,000 and handed a suspended three-point deduction when the Premier League investigated the case last year.

Mourinho and Cole were also fined £75,000 apiece, with Cole failing in an appeal against his punishment.

The FA said it does not have any jurisdiction over agent Zahavi, who was thought to be at the meeting to help broker a deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/5382332.stm

Again, don't really see why people are getting upset. Madrid try this every year: they're the kings of the brick pile, so they can do what they please.

I know that if Bale leaves, we will get 60-odd million pounds to replace him with. That can buy us some excellent players. Alternatively, we can put most of it towards the stadium and finally get the thing started in earnest (since I refuse to believe that we won't begin construction on it should 60 million quid be added to the build budget), which will help us retain the 'next Bale', whoever that may be.

If he stays, great, we get the league's best player for another season.

Chill. Either way, we're covered. Imagine if Bale had a Gotze-esque release clause. Then we'd really be sobbing into our beers.

5 clubs ? if I were Levy I'd open the auction now at that starting price.

I think almost every article on this page has quoted a different fee and different wages.

The clubs are Real, City, United, Chelsea and PSG. Personally I would start listening at £50 million. 80? You got yourself a deal.

I think almost every article on this page has quoted a different fee and different wages.

The clubs are Real, City, United, Chelsea and PSG. Personally I would start listening at £50 million. 80? You got yourself a deal.

If he goes it must not be to a epl rival.........

sends out all the wrong signals.

to strengthen a direct rival would be tantamount to suicide - it doesnt matter the money - Bale is worth 15-20 points to any prem side that get him.

we are like a tree bracing itself for a storm....

any club with any clout is after our man.

cant think of any comparable talent such as bale that is not gonna be playing ucl next season.

personally I will be amazed if he stays........D Levy you have your work cut out.....enjoy.

Chelsea bought Torres for 50m. Bale should be valued more than 80m. In fact, we should put a 100m price tag on him. No player is bigger than the club but it is a huge setback for the club everytime we sell our quality players. So, we should make sure we get more than the real value for any such players we sell. Even if we get 100m for Bale, there is still no guarantee we will be able to buy a player of similiar quality to replace him.

If we must sell, sell to a foreign club with the clause they can't sell him on to another English club, else we get all the fee on that as well.

If he goes it must not be to a epl rival.........

sends out all the wrong signals.

to strengthen a direct rival would be tantamount to suicide - it doesnt matter the money - Bale is worth 15-20 points to any prem side that get him.

we are like a tree bracing itself for a storm....

any club with any clout is after our man.

cant think of any comparable talent such as bale that is not gonna be playing ucl next season.

personally I will be amazed if he stays........D Levy you have your work cut out.....enjoy.

good points but as of now I don't see ourselves as direct rivals to both Manchester clubs. Happy for Bale to go there if it means megabucks - imagine the pressure on the clubs without a transfer warchest going 3rd and 4th placing.

things will change after we get our New Stadium - then we will be in a good position to mount a title challenge on a fairer footing.

We should have a % sell-on anyways. I don't have a problem with selling Bale if the fee offered was truly ridiculous, given that this is the Dortmund/Porto model that we should be emulating, but the problem is that we will find it very challenging to sign players of similar caliber or at least potential so we'd end up wasting wages on less-good players; for every hit we luck out on there's also a dud, so even 80m for Bale might not improve us (e.g. the terrifying set of {Bent, Bentley, Pav, Bassong, and Keane Mk II} alone wiped out Berbatov + Modric's ~70m). If we did sell him, we need to have agreements in place with players like Draxler, Bernard, Lamela et al that we can spring as soon as we did sign with Madrid; otherwise, all our fees will get inflated since everyone will have confirmation that we're desperate and have money.

Personally I think that even if Bale and his agents did kick up a fuss, he's going nowhere. Modric was much worse and we still kept him for another sterling season; the problem was that we didn't get the right replacements for his position like Moutinho or Benat.

i dont understand what you mean, levy is a man of his word. He has never once though categorically stated that we wont sell our players no matter what.

he said we would try not to

so i dont get what you mean. he held out with modric. that summer he definitively stated that no matter the amount of money that modric would not be sold that year ..and he wasnt

so i am not sure why you feel betrayed here

bale was always on the menu

AVB claims he was given assurances regarding Bale

Doubt this has been posted anywhere on GG yet, only 300 views so far, but apologies if it has.

Great video =D> Up to almost 67,000 views within a week!

Hopefully Bale will continue his exceptional goal scoring form into next season and, like Gazza did in 1991, fire us to an FA Cup [-o<

Great video =D> Up to almost 67,000 views within a week!

Hopefully Bale will continue his exceptional goal scoring form into next season and, like Gazza did in 1991, fire us to an FA Cup [-o<

I'd prefer the Europa League, just to keep ourselves ahead of the goons when it comes to European tropies. Shame that the CL place doesn't come in until 2015 as I feel Bale will be a goner by then!

Another thing I've just though of is that in the overall strategy for Bale's career, we've not really heard anything new. He was quotes as saying towards the end of last season when we really should have been fine in third that if he weren't in the CL he would consider other offers because he's determined to play in it. And yet he still signed a new contract that summer.

It seems there's a recognition from him that he will move eventually, but there is no rush. And if he is enjoying his football in a team built to showcase his talents, he doesn't need to leave. He's still learning how to play the free role, and a full season playing it to really get in the groove can prepare him well for Real.

If he knew before that there was no rush I don't know what will suddenly have changed, and the ITK / rumours that Barnett is suddenly trying to engineer his exit is based purely on that interview and then guessing from that IMO.

Although, with the very obvious PR drive that Real are putting in, maybe they've decided Bale is ready now, where as before they didn't think so, and are therefore employing every tactic to weaken Levy's resolve.

I think Suarez could well be the Madrid signing this summer...makes more sense for what they need.

Back