• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Well if Pool are in the title race we are not doing too bad since we are only three points (ana half with gd) off them.

rip up the predictions ourselves and pool have made considerable ground on the top three recently.....

so many big games on the way who knows whats going to happen......?

I actually like the fact we are not being talked about (under the radar syndrome) the pressure is off us at the moment and hopefully we can keep contributing to the wins column....interestingly europe starts again soon which is bound to have some affect to the top 5 league's form.

crazy crazy season......I still believe we can get into those ucl positions come the end of the season!!!!

coys!!

We are beaing spoken about as the underdog. No one thinks about us because they are all harping on about UTD falling apart, Liverpool hunting down the title chasing pack and a top 3 who all seem to want to give the title away. Long may it continue

We'll finish fifth in my view, with Liverpool comfortably ahead of us in fourth. For me the only question is whether Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project win the league and who will fill the relegation slots.

Hope I'm wrong, but despite all this talk about the top three "wanting to give the title away", I just don't see any of the top four dropping enough points to allow us to catch them, and - as much as I hate to say it - I suspect we'll lose all three games against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. Last night's win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine was fantastic, but let's not get ahead of ourselves... there's a massive gulf between what has become a pretty awful Saudi Sportswashing Machine side and the teams in the title race. Chelsea and Liverpool will take us apart - sure 'pool had a torrid time against Fulham last night, but they seem to rise to the big occasions in a way that we're still incapable of.

As I say, I really hope I'm wrong. I had such a positive feeling about this season. So much so, that fifth feels like a major disappointment. But I've just done that premier league predictor thing and I can't see how we'll close the gap.

We'll finish fifth in my view, with Liverpool comfortably ahead of us in fourth. For me the only question is whether Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project win the league and who will fill the relegation slots.

Hope I'm wrong, but despite all this talk about the top three "wanting to give the title away", I just don't see any of the top four dropping enough points to allow us to catch them, and - as much as I hate to say it - I suspect we'll lose all three games against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. Last night's win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine was fantastic, but let's not get ahead of ourselves... there's a massive gulf between what has become a pretty awful Saudi Sportswashing Machine side and the teams in the title race. Chelsea and Liverpool will take us apart - sure 'pool had a torrid time against Fulham last night, but they seem to rise to the big occasions in a way that we're still incapable of.

As I say, I really hope I'm wrong. I had such a positive feeling about this season. So much so, that fifth feels like a major disappointment. But I've just done that premier league predictor thing and I can't see how we'll close the gap.

pessimistic view..unfortunately, one that i agree with. it's spurs..what can go wrong, will go wrong..at least it's a fun ride now, eh? 4-0 woohoo. absolutely loved it!!

pessimistic view..unfortunately, one that i agree with. it's spurs..what can go wrong, will go wrong..at least it's a fun ride now, eh? 4-0 woohoo. absolutely loved it!!

I agree with this... to a certain extent. Usually with Spurs it goes wrong but we also do our best when there's no pressure on us to succeed.

Intriguingly I also don't think the media have actually put that much pressure on Ade... yet...

I don't think he's the sort to react to pressure as such but he craves recognition. When he's got doubters left to prove he is great. As soon as he gets that recognition he starts to wonder off and put less in.

Oh, and it' February and is starting to get warmer (gradually). And we all know Ade's best runs are before and after winter!\o/

2 very important wins in a row, but I still think we're huge underdogs in top-4 race.
Liverpool have defensive players back from injuries and their attack is currently the best in the league. Not only Suarez, but Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling and even old SteveG are continuously producing miracles in the attacking third.

However, if we improve our home form, everything is possible. And the thought we'll overtake not Liverpool, but Arsenal heats my soul. They have a nightmarish schedule, two key players injuried, one donkey forward and some kind of a mental downfall. I was completely sure they wouldn't have won yesterday and it happened. I also predicted instantly after the summer transfer window, that this season can become a unique one, when two teams from previous year's top-4 won't regain a CL place (thinking mainly about Arsenil and ManUre). Still some chances of this to happen.

One thing's for sure, it's gonna be a very interesting run in this season. 12 games left and still four and a half teams still in contention for the title, with another two, maybe three if United get their **** together, teams still within reach of a CL spot.

I still think City and Chelski will occupy the top two spots, but at the moment Liverpool look more likely to get third than ****. We could, incredibly enough, very well end up with us and **** battling for fourth place again. Oh how lovely it would be to push them down to fifth this time...

Exciting times. Who would have thought after 0-3, 0-6, 0-5 and 1-5! Shows it's better to lose four games with large margins than eight games with small margins.

2 very important wins in a row, but I still think we're huge underdogs in top-4 race.
Liverpool have defensive players back from injuries and their attack is currently the best in the league. Not only Suarez, but Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling and even old SteveG are continuously producing miracles in the attacking third.

However, if we improve our home form, everything is possible. And the thought we'll overtake not Liverpool, but Arsenal heats my soul. They have a nightmarish schedule, two key players injuried, one donkey forward and some kind of a mental downfall. I was completely sure they wouldn't have won yesterday and it happened. I also predicted instantly after the summer transfer window, that this season can become a unique one, when two teams from previous year's top-4 won't regain a CL place (thinking mainly about Arsenil and ManUre). Still some chances of this to happen.
Good post with which I wholeheartedly agree.

COYS

It's about staying within range

If we are 3-5 points off 4th with 8 or so games to go (and hopefully 3rd is no more than a couple of points ahead of that), anything can happen.

My view, any of us, Pool & Scum could lose out on a top 4 place, but obviously they have the advantage of points on the board and much better GD.

and if we're totally honest, arsenal have the better team too. but that doesnt mean we cant still finish above them with a bit of luck.

what needs to happen for us to finish above Liverpool?

Liverpool need to lose 2, draw 4 and only win 6 of their remaining 12 games, giving them a total of 75 points.

beating : Swansea, Sunderland, Cardiff, Norwich, Crystal Palace and Saudi Sportswashing Machine
drawing with : Spurs, United, West Ham and Southampton
losing to : Chelsea and City

whilst we need 26 from our remaining 12 games (8 wins 2 draws 2 defeats) giving us a total of 76, we get that by :

beating : Villa, Fulham, Sunderland, Southampton, Cardiff, Norwich, West Ham and West Brom
drawing with : Liverpool and Arsenal
losing to : Chelsea and Stoke

in the bag :p

One game at a time....whilst it was a good win, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at this time are VERY abject.

Let's win our next two league games leading up to Chelski away and see how things are.

We're at least within touching distance of 3rd and given some of our lows in the last two months that is great, but let's not get too excited. Yet.

No way Sherwood can overhaul Wenger, Rodgers is a different kettle of fish though, and when I say kettle of fish, I mean, cluster of colour blind hedgehogs, in a bag.

No one should get carried away. Liverpool and Arsenal have been miles better than us this year. That's not even debatable. I'll only entertain the though come the last round of fixtures and if we have a chance to finish above either.

We're seven points off first place...

Its a cliche but take one game at a time and hope other results go our way (unlike Liverpool v Fulham the other night).

We can beat Norwich away and Cardiff at home. That would set us up very nicely for the final ten game run in.

Back