• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

They were 'letting' you (this is ST holders im talking about)by giving you a chance to apply by means of not applying themselves (as travelling away to watch us was not attractive to them back then). The reason is success, those ST holders in front of us love an away game now so the allocation goes to them. I'm just repeating myself.

That success always ramps up supply and demand, so if that demand means all home games are sold out to ST and members only, giving up on your membership means you wont be seeing us home or away.

Is that one benefit (members ticket window)worth keeping your membership for, is the question?

But regular access to away tickets (and, where applicable, cup semi's/finals) was an established 'norm' of membership. It isn't any longer. Yes, that has been brought about by success, but that doesn't mean it isn't a significant change in the circumstances of holding a membership.

I agree with your assessment in your second and third paragraphs, though I'd repeat the point I made earlier - for me, it'll probably be the emotional tie that means I won't cancel. If I basing it purely on ticket access benefit, I personally probably would...

But regular access to away tickets (and, where applicable, cup semi's/finals) was an established 'norm' of membership. It isn't any longer. Yes, that has been brought about by success, but that doesn't mean it isn't a significant change in the circumstances of holding a membership.

I agree with your assessment in your second and third paragraphs, though I'd repeat the point I made earlier - for me, it'll probably be the emotional tie that means I won't cancel. If I basing it purely on ticket access benefit, I personally probably would...
Don't give up on us now @Parklaner81 ! We've waited sooooo long for the team to do us proud week in week out......i want you to be there!

Plus last years members scarf was magnificent, it kept me warm on many a (summer's) night :)

They definitely need to do something in my opinion, or else they risk haemorrhaging members. Given that membership income represents at least a couple of million p.a. (rough calculation), I can't believe that it wouldn't have come to their attention as part of the move.

Its more than a couple of million. They will make a lot out of the general membership fee and then the cost of every ticket they sell means members are vital for topping up the fund.

Even at the old WHL, being a member, you didn't have a chance of an away ticket and no real chance of a cup final ticket, by way of being behind 18000ST holders.What you have lost is the chance of a semi final ticket.

Matchday (home) members tickets are gonna end up roughly the same as the old WHL, 6-8k available. You will still have the advantage of purchasing over non-members (inc restricted sales). Plus there could theoretically be less competition as 20k members are now ST holders.

Of course, bronze members had the ST waiting list benefit that has natrually passed by being offered one for Wembley that would then give you a ST in the NWHL. Obviously being on that list is still an option.

Apart from the Semi final freeze out....what is different?

I got plenty of away tickets as a member. The £30 cap is what killed it because more people decided to do the away's outside of London because they saw it as sudden;y much cheaper when in reality it isn't really. That and combined with the team performing well generally but its the cap that has killed it for members up until now imo, absolutely sure of it. No issue generally up to 2015/16 and its conclusion getting away tickets for most fixtures apart from the obvious Arsenal away one.

I got plenty of away tickets as a member. The £30 cap is what killed it because more people decided to do the away's outside of London because they saw it as sudden;y much cheaper when in reality it isn't really. That and combined with the team performing well generally but its the cap that has killed it for members up until now imo, absolutely sure of it. No issue generally up to 2015/16 and its conclusion getting away tickets for most fixtures apart from the obvious Arsenal away one.

Yes, the cap was definitely a factor. There are certainly occasions where, due to the reduction in price, people have bought tickets for the LP's and not attended.

For the first time in years we were unable to get a ticket for Everton (literally just up the road), that was gutting enough, but then to see a vid posted by a fan on YouTube showing dozens of empty seats around him. That really p'sses you off

Yes, the cap was definitely a factor. There are certainly occasions where, due to the reduction in price, people have bought tickets for the LP's and not attended.

For the first time in years we were unable to get a ticket for Everton (literally just up the road), that was gutting enough, but then to see a vid posted by a fan on YouTube showing dozens of empty seats around him. That really p'sses you off
Thats true, there have been spare seats when ive been (even watford away), when the impression is they are like gold dust.

Thats true, there have been spare seats when ive been (even watford away), when the impression is they are like gold dust.

Indeed. I mean, you expect to see a few, last minute pull-outs/illness, I dont think you will ever see every seat filled. Its when you start seeing 100 or more empties that it really gets your goat

Do you still get loyalty points even if you don't turn up for away games then? If so people probably just apply and aim to re-sell the ticket and if not take the hit in return for the loyalty points.

As for members I regularly went to away league games between 2007-2012ish including both league cup finals, fa cup semi final. I remember I could easily get tickets for West Ham and Chelsea away - the 3-4 at Upton Park I remember went to general sale. I went to Fulham away several times including buying a ticket for a friend to come with me on one occasion and got both on general sale (what a game that was by the way - Keane late winner if I remember and a great goal by Bale).

Do you still get loyalty points even if you don't turn up for away games then? If so people probably just apply and aim to re-sell the ticket and if not take the hit in return for the loyalty points.

As for members I regularly went to away league games between 2007-2012ish including both league cup finals, fa cup semi final. I remember I could easily get tickets for West Ham and Chelsea away - the 3-4 at Upton Park I remember went to general sale. I went to Fulham away several times including buying a ticket for a friend to come with me on one occasion and got both on general sale (what a game that was by the way - Keane late winner if I remember and a great goal by Bale).

I know people who do this for pretty much every away game and sell them easily through twitter

I know of somebody selling tickets for tomorrow for over £100 for the away end

I paid £90 2 seasons ago for a ticket to our 1st West Ham game at the London Athletic Stadium

We always got tickets for Sunderland, WBA and Stoke. Actually used to enjoy going to the SOL. Would be great if the club could offer 5% of the allocation to members

As a member on reasonably low lps (best ever total was 200) I previously managed to get away to Bolton, Everton, Emirates Marketing Project, and most unlikely - QPR, given the small allocation at Loftus Road. I also got to both Chelsea semi finals and the 2015 League Cup final.

Now as a silver ST holder it looks like it'll take years for me to ever get to an away game again, but I'm ok for this year's semi final in Phase 4.

Just on Phase 4 semi final sales, I was wondering if Phase 1-3 folks will take up all the premium seats or will some be happy to buy the cheaper one's? I assume the seat map will be completely open to the early phases?

Just on Phase 4 semi final sales, I was wondering if Phase 1-3 folks will take up all the premium seats or will some be happy to buy the cheaper one's? I assume the seat map will be completely open to the early phases?
I would honestly think most of the seats left will be the cheap nosebleed one's

I would honestly think most of the seats left will be the cheap nosebleed one's

Yeah, wishful thinking on my part, although I'm lonely pinting the semi final so I might sneak into a better seat, hopefully my ST one! Doubt it though.

Our Premier League fixture against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at Wembley has been scheduled for Wednesday 9 May, kick-off 8pm.

Back