• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

Love to see what fecking incentives is there to be a member next season.....what is the point ..oh yeah a new shiney tie pin....

They need to take a serious look at this IMO. The only thing stopping me cancelling is the emotional ties: there's literally no other benefit (worthwhile to me) offered by membership anymore.

It's been mooted by the THST that it'll be in the region of 6-8k. I thought that was pitiful really, though i've been informed it was a similar amount for the old WHL (pre stand knock down).

That was slightly reassuring as, as a member, i've never missed out on a game i've wanted to be at. Sure, you have to get your balls in gear and be online ready for when the clock hits 9.30am, and not be too picky where you sit, oh and have some luck with the beach ball of doom! But hey, if you want to go, make the bloody effort to be prepared.

Will undoubtedly be harder though for the first season in NWHL.

My ability to make that claim ended with last season's NLD.

They need to take a serious look at this IMO. The only thing stopping me cancelling is the emotional ties: there's literally no other benefit (worthwhile to me) offered by membership anymore.

That's why even as a ST holder, I am firmly of the opinion that Members should have 10-15% of an away allocation to keep them onside. They are just as important as ST holders and in some aspects more so because you need the fans who don't have access to a ST to feel the emotion and desire of wanting to go whenever they can and keep the extra cash coming into the club whilst keeping the next generation interested and feeling like they are part of the whole set up rather than just a cashcow each season for a membership fee

That's why even as a ST holder, I am firmly of the opinion that Members should have 10-15% of an away allocation to keep them onside. They are just as important as ST holders and in some aspects more so because you need the fans who don't have access to a ST to feel the emotion and desire of wanting to go whenever they can and keep the extra cash coming into the club whilst keeping the next generation interested and feeling like they are part of the whole set up rather than just a cashcow each season for a membership fee

They definitely need to do something in my opinion, or else they risk haemorrhaging members. Given that membership income represents at least a couple of million p.a. (rough calculation), I can't believe that it wouldn't have come to their attention as part of the move.

Even at the old WHL, being a member, you didn't have a chance of an away ticket and no real chance of a cup final ticket, by way of being behind 18000ST holders.What you have lost is the chance of a semi final ticket.

Matchday (home) members tickets are gonna end up roughly the same as the old WHL, 6-8k available. You will still have the advantage of purchasing over non-members (inc restricted sales). Plus there could theoretically be less competition as 20k members are now ST holders.

Of course, bronze members had the ST waiting list benefit that has natrually passed by being offered one for Wembley that would then give you a ST in the NWHL. Obviously being on that list is still an option.

Apart from the Semi final freeze out....what is different?

Even at the old WHL, being a member, you didn't have a chance of an away ticket and no real chance of a cup final ticket, by way of being behind 18000ST holders.What you have lost is the chance of a semi final ticket.

Matchday (home) members tickets are gonna end up roughly the same as the old WHL, 6-8k available. You will still have the advantage of purchasing over non-members (inc restricted sales). Plus there could theoretically be less competition as 20k members are now ST holders.

Of course, bronze members had the ST waiting list benefit that has natrually passed by being offered one for Wembley that would then give you a ST in the NWHL. Obviously being on that list is still an option.

Not having a chance of an away ticket is a relatively new thing (the last 2-3 years?). Away games are a perfect example of the reduction of membership benefits.

5-10 years ago, the only away game that was categorically ruled out to members was arsenal. West Ham & Chelsea regularly went to general sale ffs. The entire situation has changed as any long term member will know.

Tbh, we got to plenty of away days as 'Bronzies' some times as many as 9 or 10 of the league matches, ans was able to amount over 500 LP's each. even managed 2 League Cup finals and missed the other by 3pts.
But recent success reduced that down to 2 last season and have now accepted, as posted, without help, we have been to our last away day

Not having a chance of an away ticket is a relatively new thing (the last 2-3 years?). Away games are a perfect example of the reduction of membership benefits.

5-10 years ago, the only away game that was categorically ruled out to members was arsenal. West Ham & Chelsea regularly went to general sale ffs. The entire situation has changed as any long term member will know.
I took it that now the new stadium is upon us, you see little point in continuing as a member?

My point was, that it is our relative success that has changed that. It was ST holders 'letting' you attend before (by not bothering themselves) but now they're keen (whether that be 18k or 40k) we are frozen out.

I took it that now the new stadium is upon us, you see little point in continuing as a member?

My point was, that it is our relative success that has changed that. It was ST holders 'letting' you attend before (by not bothering themselves) but now they're keen (whether that be 18k or 40k) we are frozen out.
Agreed, if we get brick again you'll probably be able to see us get beat in Stoke ;)

What annoys me a bit is I naively thought the new stadium would spare us from 9.30 starts and the Wheel of Doom, but that seems entirely unlikely to happen now.

I see little point in continuing as a member when the benefits - specifically away game and cup semi final/final ticket access - have diminished from their historical norms.

The situation I describe in terms of access to away tickets was the norm, as far as I recall, pretty much continuously from the late 1990's up to the past couple of years (I can't comment on earlier periods). It wasn't that anyone was 'letting' me attend - had the situation not been as it was, I likely wouldn't have paid for membership back then. Now that, for whatever reason, the situation has changed, I think it is entirely logical that long term members who derived value from their membership via regular match attendance would question the value currently offered to them, and also for the club to look to take steps to address such an issue.

Probably depend on the game like this season.In theory should be easier for members to get tickets as most of the buyers are season ticket holders now.30 away tickets hasnt helped at all for members either.

Agreed, if we get brick again you'll probably be able to see us get beat in Stoke ;)

What annoys me a bit is I naively thought the new stadium would spare us from 9.30 starts and the Wheel of Doom, but that seems entirely unlikely to happen now.
I love the wheel of doom.......it's part of our history.

Perhaps they can load it up onto the megatron screens for half-time entertainment.

I see little point in continuing as a member when the benefits - specifically away game and cup semi final/final ticket access - have diminished from their historical norms.

The situation I describe in terms of access to away tickets was the norm, as far as I recall, pretty much continuously from the late 1990's up to the past couple of years (I can't comment on earlier periods). It wasn't that anyone was 'letting' me attend - had the situation not been as it was, I likely wouldn't have paid for membership back then. Now that, for whatever reason, the situation has changed, I think it is entirely logical that long term members who derived value from their membership via regular match attendance would question the value currently offered to them, and also for the club to look to take steps to address such an issue.
They were 'letting' you (this is ST holders im talking about)by giving you a chance to apply by means of not applying themselves (as travelling away to watch us was not attractive to them back then). The reason is success, those ST holders in front of us love an away game now so the allocation goes to them. I'm just repeating myself.

That success always ramps up supply and demand, so if that demand means all home games are sold out to ST and members only, giving up on your membership means you wont be seeing us home or away.

Is that one benefit (members ticket window)worth keeping your membership for, is the question?

Would anyone have an idea how hard is it to get a ticket for any home games for the Goons and Man Ure,both have some sort of membership scheme going, Can you still get a ticket a week or two before a game?

I don't understand why the club didn't say if you been a member for over 10 years+ you should be on par with someone who only joined last year and had the capacity to buy a season ticket for the first time for Wembley,these members should have been in phase 4 or 5 at least. Bottom line i couldnt afford a season ticket last year but can now,been a member for over 14 years,3k on the waiting list but now see people 20k on the waiting list getting a season ticket at the new ground plus having a chance of getting a semi final ticket or even a cup final ticket .What a waste of time that was.(but i cling on in the hope that maybe some scraps be left in the new stadium)

Back