• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fat Sam = diversionary s**t-stirrer

wtf? i asked a question..Jesus.

Sorry mate, I just assumed you'd read the thread that's all (or part of it) as I 'think' the opinions as to what I felt he did that was wrong, and what others felt wasn't wrong, is quite clear. You didn't phrase it like a simple question to my eyes. So IF I got that wrong, apologies.

To edit into a brief nutshell for you so as you don't have to read back….

Firstly, he should've said nothing and parried the question.
Secondly, he took the opportunity to patronize and cheap shot AVB.

He is old school and is doubtless part of what Henry Winter admitted on 5 Live is part of a 'mafia' like mentality with regards to some managers who feel AVB is a 'chancer' who hasn't 'paid his dues'.

I felt that Fat Sam should shut the fcuk up and not take the opportunity. It was a cheap, sly dig. I'd have more admiration for him if he'd said what he thinks of AVB. I'm willing to wager that when he's in his office with the 'old school' they like to laugh about 'his type'…

;)

Yeah, I can't remember many more instances of managers taking sly cheap shots like that, in such a patronising sense. Mourinho and AVB had a little spat via the press earlier, but it was pretty clear they had prior history and Mourinho has made a career out of saying ridiculous things about other managers. There was also no love lost between Fergie and Rafa Benitez, but they were rivals and it came after Rafa did go out of his way in a press conference to have what can be described as an actual 'rant'.

But calling AVB out as 'showing a bit of immaturity'? It's so left field from someone that isn't really even in AVB's rear view mirror. I'm sure most managers were asked about it this week but for some reason Allardyce's name is the only one cropping up as 'slamming' AVB. He could have easily declined to answer but I think he knew exactly what he was doing, and he was also clever in making it seem like he was paying him a compliment. But to get a dig in when all AVB had done was correct a reporter who deliberately mixed his words, it's pretty low.

Steff I gotta say personally I don't see too much wrong in what he said. They probably asked him his opinion and he gave it.

Steff I gotta say personally I don't see too much wrong in what he said. They probably asked him his opinion and he gave it.

I agree. The fact that he qualified his initial statement later on suggests that he was probably caught a little unawares.

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce:
"I haven't got the words for it [the goal] when everybody has a marker and the ball comes in from the corner, you still have your marker, you don't lose your marker but we did and being in the middle of the goal with a free header they're not going to miss.
"That's the most disappointing thing for me today because that's lost us the game effectively.
"On such a crucial game we should not have let that slip. A point at the end of the day wouldn't have been a bad result.
"It's all our fault today."

Personally, I think it's interesting that no-one in the press seems to have an issue with Fat Sam openly blaming his players for their 1-0 defeat at Palace. Would it be pertinent to point out to him that what lost them the game was the fact they are ****, and the fact they are **** is pret-ty much his responsibility? This is an edit of the excuses BTW, his ramble about the disallowed goal took nearly a minute on the radio.

Despite the fact we lost to them I hope they give him a new contract. 5 years would be nice.

They wouldnt win at WHL next season then..as we would be in difefrent divisions

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce:
"I haven't got the words for it [the goal] when everybody has a marker and the ball comes in from the corner, you still have your marker, you don't lose your marker but we did and being in the middle of the goal with a free header they're not going to miss.
"That's the most disappointing thing for me today because that's lost us the game effectively.
"On such a crucial game we should not have let that slip. A point at the end of the day wouldn't have been a bad result.
"It's all our fault today."

Personally, I think it's interesting that no-one in the press seems to have an issue with Fat Sam openly blaming his players for their 1-0 defeat at Palace. Would it be pertinent to point out to him that what lost them the game was the fact they are ****, and the fact they are **** is pret-ty much his responsibility? This is an edit of the excuses BTW, his ramble about the disallowed goal took nearly a minute on the radio.

Where's the headline 'Fat Sam says it's all the players fault'?

Despite the fact we lost to them I hope they give him a new contract. 5 years would be nice.

They wouldnt win at WHL next season then..as we would be in difefrent divisions

I think he has to show he can get them up the table first. A smart chairman would probably drag it out until the summer, but this is West Ham. Wouldn't be surprised to see some comments from him soon about needing reinforcements.

Back