• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fat Sam = diversionary s**t-stirrer

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
I was going to place this in the AVB thread but frankly, was so annoyed by Fat Sam's pathetic comments that I felt the fat **** deserved it's own thread.

Managers only **** other managers when it come to inter-personal matters. Managers ALWAYS close ranks when it comes to the media vs them, as all managers are on the receiving end…but here is Fat Sam, piping up to stick one on AVB when he could quite easily have

a) said nothing or
b) said nothing or
c) defended managers in general when it comes to gutter press

Instead, he takes a cheap shot. Fat Sam is one of the 'good old boys' who 'plays the game' with journos and his 'peers'…I think this is a cynical opportunity jumped on by someone who will do anything to get himself off a potential hook. He's ****ing up at Spam, it's a wet fart for him there, PLUS his old muckers the media and 'Arry are all taking their opportunities to take a quick swing at an easy target.

I think it's disgraceful to see a manager not close ranks with a fellow manager against the media.

Not that it will ever happen, but if that fat cnut EVER got our manager's job, I would refuse to go to a game and refuse to buy any shirts, etc. He is despicable and if that useless organization the LMA had a pair of balls, they would rise to AVB's defence here AND tell Fat Cnut to shut it.

I was going to place this in the AVB thread but frankly, was so annoyed by Fat Sam's pathetic comments that I felt the fat **** deserved it's own thread.

Managers only **** other managers when it come to inter-personal matters. Managers ALWAYS close ranks when it comes to the media vs them, as all managers are on the receiving end…but here is Fat Sam, piping up to stick one on AVB when he could quite easily have

a) said nothing or
b) said nothing or
c) defended managers in general when it comes to gutter press

Instead, he takes a cheap shot. Fat Sam is one of the 'good old boys' who 'plays the game' with journos and his 'peers'…I think this is a cynical opportunity jumped on by someone who will do anything to get himself off a potential hook. He's ****ing up at Spam, it's a wet fart for him there, PLUS his old muckers the media and 'Arry are all taking their opportunities to take a quick swing at an easy target.

I think it's disgraceful to see a manager not close ranks with a fellow manager against the media.

Not that it will ever happen, but if that fat cnut EVER got our manager's job, I would refuse to go to a game and refuse to buy any shirts, etc. He is despicable and if that useless organization the LMA had a pair of balls, they would rise to AVB's defence here AND tell Fat Cnut to shut it.

This

Speaking to TalkSport, Allardyce said: 'You have to use the criticism as a motivational drive to show these people that they are wrong. You’ve got to take it on the chin.

'You, and your players, have got to do your talking on the field. I think he’s just showed a little bit of immaturity.
'It can get under your skin, but you can’t let that happen because you’re not going to win.'

Are you going to tell us what he said?

"You have to use the criticism as a motivational drive to show these people that they are wrong,' Allardyce told Talksport. "You've got to take it on the chin.

"You, and your players, have got to do your talking on the field. I think he's just showed a little bit of immaturity. It can get under your skin, but you've can't let that happen because you're not going to win."

"However disappointed you may feel about what people say in media terms, it's still much better keeping your powder dry.

"I admire him for having a go, but I don't think it will do you any favours in the end unfortunately.

"But I'd admire him for sticking up for himself and having a go for what he believes in. In all honesty, he's probably right."

Lawro has dived in too on the BBC website:

"As I said on Match of the Day 2, though, I don't think he should react in the way he did after Sunday's draw with Manchester United. He should just get on with it and, if some journalists want to criticise him, then just live with it. It happens to every manager every week.

After what happened to him when he left Chelsea I would not have thought he would be so sensitive but he turned into more of a sensitive soul than he was when he was at Stamford Bridge."

I bet is he had said nothing someone would have ****ged him off for staying silent. What did Fat Sam say when Fergie didn't talk to the BBC for years?

Speaking to TalkSport, Allardyce said: 'You have to use the criticism as a motivational drive to show these people that they are wrong. You’ve got to take it on the chin.

'You, and your players, have got to do your talking on the field. I think he’s just showed a little bit of immaturity.
'It can get under your skin, but you can’t let that happen because you’re not going to win.'

is that all he said? think he's spot on tbh

just get on with it AVB

It's just another case of the media pushing the quote they like best. "Allardyce says AVB immature" is much better for them than "Allardyce says AVB probably right"

It's just another case of the media pushing the quote they like best. "Allardyce says AVB immature" is much better for them than "Allardyce says AVB probably right"

Exactly. Anyone who has seen the interview on Sky would agree that he wasn't slating AVB. This place is getting ridiculous, even the slightest negative critique of AVB is met with hysteria.

is that all he said? think he's spot on tbh

just get on with it AVB

The in all honesty he's probably right part is the most important.

He's basically saying that you shouldn't start lashing back at the media as it won't do you any future favours but that he agrees that AVB is right.

How's this him sticking one on AVB?:lol:

OK, I see I'm in a minority on this board, however right now on 5 Live, Henry Winter from the Telegraph has just basically said that the managerial community consider AVB a lucky chancer, that he does not really have allies within the domestic game right now, and that he does not have 'as many friends as an Allardyce'…

I suppose you'd have had to experience something similar to see it. I got my break in my profession as a 15-16 year old, and within two years met some very, very 'established' resistance from people who simply didn't feel I'd 'paid my dues', etc, etc…I certainly took a wiser approach in terms of how I handled it, making sure I got some important experienced people on my side, and thus rode out a potentially career-wrecking spell. My crime? Being too young to be where I was.

I don't deny that AVB has been naive in his handling of the press. He needed to be smarter about certain things, he should laugh a lot more of it off, but personally, I can also admire his firey defense of self and think that whether he is liked or not, managers and the LMA should back a manager against media whenever such things occur.

But the fact is he is not popular among his peers.

If you're interested, listen back to the Monday Night Club when it's a podcast. The host even says 'sounds like the mafia' to which Winter replies 'it sort of is'...

The in all honesty he's probably right part is the most important.

He's basically saying that you shouldn't start lashing back at the media as it won't do you any future favours but that he agrees that AVB is right.

How's this him sticking one on AVB?:lol:

To put it bluntly, it's obvious it does him no favors but there are several ways of answering that question which do not include the patronizing observation that he felt AVB was 'naive'…it's an obvious dig. He never said that about his old mate SAF did he...

OK, I see I'm in a minority on this board, however right now on 5 Live, Henry Winter from the Telegraph has just basically said that the managerial community consider AVB a lucky chancer, that he does not really have allies within the domestic game right now, and that he does not have 'as many friends as an Allardyce'…

I suppose you'd have had to experience something similar to see it. I got my break in my profession as a 15-16 year old, and within two years met some very, very 'established' resistance from people who simply didn't feel I'd 'paid my dues', etc, etc…I certainly took a wiser approach in terms of how I handled it, making sure I got some important experienced people on my side, and thus rode out a potentially career-wrecking spell. My crime? Being too young to be where I was.

I don't deny that AVB has been naive in his handling of the press. He needed to be smarter about certain things, he should laugh a lot more of it off, but personally, I can also admire his firey defense of self and think that whether he is liked or not, managers and the LMA should back a manager against media whenever such things occur.

But the fact is he is not popular among his peers.

If you're interested, listen back to the Monday Night Club when it's a podcast. The host even says 'sounds like the mafia' to which Winter replies 'it sort of is'...

I mentioned this in the AVB thread (merged? ;)) I think id have done much worse than AVB then again im a passionate heart on sleeve kinda guy and I wouldnt take any ****. I dont mind what AVB did or said and just wish he had punched the guy instead (he has an annoying voice this is it ashton guy).

I think AVB can pick and choose who he talks to so why does he need to allow these guys into the press area?

ps - I do agree though that AVB is some kind of chancer who managed to only prove it in Portugal for a season or over a season and a bit. But thats more a discussion for the AVB thread (merge? ;))

What fat Sam said is right, if you want to have ago at the media, you can't win. Just take what they say and get on with your job.

"You have to use the criticism as a motivational drive to show these people that they are wrong,' Allardyce told Talksport. "You've got to take it on the chin.

"You, and your players, have got to do your talking on the field. I think he's just showed a little bit of immaturity. It can get under your skin, but you've can't let that happen because you're not going to win."

"However disappointed you may feel about what people say in media terms, it's still much better keeping your powder dry.

"I admire him for having a go, but I don't think it will do you any favours in the end unfortunately.

"But I'd admire him for sticking up for himself and having a go for what he believes in. In all honesty, he's probably right."

Easy for him.

Should be more worried about his own job.

Fat Sam seems to have some issues with AVB. I don't think what he said this time was too bad. He managed to both criticise and praise AVB in one go. But he also came out with some strange comments a few weeks back after our matches against Hull. He slammed AVB for criticising Hull's style of play, when AVB, unless I missed something, had been quite complimentary towards Hull.

Fat Sam seems to have some issues with AVB. I don't think what he said this time was too bad. He managed to both criticise and praise AVB in one go. But he also came out with some strange comments a few weeks back after our matches against Hull. He slammed AVB for criticising Hull's style of play, when AVB, unless I missed something, had been quite complimentary towards Hull.

Thank you.

Exactly. Anyone who has seen the interview on Sky would agree that he wasn't slating AVB. This place is getting ridiculous, even the slightest negative critique of AVB is met with hysteria.

Come on mate…THAT'S dramatic!

Do you not see the point I'm making here, or are you being deliberately generalist?

Again, WHY is this fat, cosy CNUT, commenting on AVB (again as Norway points out)? Do you not think it's odd? Haven't seen others passing comment.

Back