• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fat Sam = diversionary s**t-stirrer

Look I know what 'Steffs' issue is

He is confirming my suspicions HE IS AVB - I am so not lying. I think he is AVB.

If AVB could handle critism as well as Steff I'd be happy. If AVB was on here he wouldn't let anything go and would be a right keyboard warrior type.

Easy stories to ask what someone else thinks of a situation they are not in. Print the reply, drag it on..

No one cares what Lawro's opinion of the matter is. Allardyce was quite complimentary really, overall. There shouldn't be a need to put up with journo **** and let them push the line further and further away. They should be allowed a free reign but also be challenged when out of order. It isn't being immature or moaning, it's setting and maintaining a standard.

Neil Ashton was WRONG with his assertion and so was Martin Samuel. AVB did NOT distance himself and blame others. The view that 'anyone could have won' with Porto is also wrong. It should be pointed out and someone who writes professionally should know what 'we' means. There is a right to reply, and this was AVBs moment. It's totally justified.

The others should all STFU.

Bullet,

You're right mate, guilty as charged, for some reason it really got my goat. I think it was the sly old-boy nature of its I interpreted, the calm, patronizing 'stupid little boy' comment. Allardyce is a coward IMO...but yes, guilty as charged of a flare up mate.

"You have to use the criticism as a motivational drive to show these people that they are wrong,' Allardyce told Talksport. "You've got to take it on the chin.

"You, and your players, have got to do your talking on the field. I think he's just showed a little bit of immaturity. It can get under your skin, but you've can't let that happen because you're not going to win."

"However disappointed you may feel about what people say in media terms, it's still much better keeping your powder dry.

"I admire him for having a go, but I don't think it will do you any favours in the end unfortunately.

"But I'd admire him for sticking up for himself and having a go for what he believes in. In all honesty, he's probably right."

That was quite honest from Fat Sam. Don't see anything wrong with what he said. Chatting with spurs mates at work, we all agree AVB has let the media get to him and should not get so wound up.

Chatting with spurs mates at work, we all agree AVB has let the media get to him and should not get so wound up.

I disagree. I think that he was just trying to correct inaccurate reporting that he tried to distance himself from last weekends defeat, a claim that was repeated on here by some, when in fact he said the complete opposite of what the Mail reported.

With regards to Fat Sam, I couldn't give a **** what he says.

It's a real shame that fans of the club don't think our manager - whoever that is - deserve the right to be able to correct inaccurate reporting. It's a shame he can't do that without it patronisingly being asserted that he's 'let the media get to him' whatever that means.

They made it personal and they made incorrect claims by mixing his quotes. They don't like him and will continue to write garbage until he is undoubtedly successful with us, whether he comes back at them or not. Most fans, Spurs or otherwise, got a laugh from him correcting Ashton. There was almost universal derision for the hack. If they go for him again unfairly it looks very obvious and transparent to the general public, so they have to be careful.

It is funny Allardyce is calling AVB immature. Allardyce has done that many times against the fans, players and the media over the years. He even hits out openly against his own players in the media.

------------------

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce hits back at Joe Cole after substitution row
30 Nov 2013 11:25

Hammers boss says Cole must accept his decisions after being hauled off after just 40 minutes of the 3-0 loss to Chelsea last week
West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce has told Joe Cole that he must accept that it is for the good of the team when he is substituted.

The Hammers boss dragged off Cole and Welsh midfielder Jack Collison in a double changed after just 40 minutes of his side's 3-0 defeat by Chelsea last weekend.

Cole responded to being hooked by taking off his shirt and heading straight down the tunnel, before reports emerged suggesting that he could be eyeing a way out of Upton Park.

And the former Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Bolton and Blackburn boss has hinted that Cole should be thinking of the team, rather than himself.

"There's a squad system here that has to be used to the benefit and the best of everybody," said Allardyce

"I totally understand nobody wants to be substituted before half-time.

"But purely from a tactical point of view, I had to change something, the way the game was at that stage, and that's my job.

"We don't hear about how disappointed Jack Collison was.

"So all players have to accept it if I bring them off, they have to accept it's my responsibility to change the way the team's playing, to get us back in the game.

"It's a difficult period but players show their true team spirit in situations like this.

"They show their true togetherness in situations like this, and that's what they've got to do, they've got to stick together.

"They can't fragment and think it's all about them, it's not just about them.

"It's about the whole team and everything that goes with it to achieve the right results."

-------------------------

You're talking b*******! Under-fire Allardyce hits out at Hammers fans... again
By Sportsmail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 08:42 GMT, 5 April 2012 | UPDATED: 11:24 GMT, 5 April 2012

Sam Allardyce has done little to improve his increasingly strained relationship with West Ham supporters after he told them: 'You're talking b*******'.

The Hammers boss has come under fire of late after seeing the Championship side's automatic promotion hopes suffer a setback.

With just six games left to play this season, West Ham are third in the table, four points behind second-placed Reading and six away from leaders Southampton.

Fans have complained after the club's run of 11 games unbeaten (including seven draws) was ended last weekend at home to Reading.

Allardyce had previously hit out over an attack on his tactics, labelling them 'deluded' for their instance on the 'West Ham way'.

And now, ahead of their Good Friday clash at Barnsley, the former Bolton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Blackburn manager has spoken out again.

'Negativity has been very much in the forefront recently, which is strange because we have lost one in 12,' he told The Sun.

'You get opinions about our results like ‘James Tomkins shouldn’t be playing in midfield because he is a centre-half.

'You get all that b******s. What happens is I look at the performance of every player and say to everyone who says that: "You’re talking b******s."

'He played in that holding role for three games when we had 10 men — so that is how short memories are. That is how much b******s is talked in football.

'I don’t listen to that drivel because what bothers me is that James Tomkins plays well.'

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady earlier this week offered Allardyce a vote of confidence, insisting he will remain as the club's manager even if they fail to secure an instant return to the Premier League this season.

Allardyce praised the fans, however, on Thursday morning, insisting everybody at the club should stick together with promotion still the target.

'In our last home games the West Ham United fans were absolutely magnificent,' he told the club's official website.

'They were fully behind the team and were as good in that game as they have been all season.

'They showed what West Ham United fans are about - pride and passion with plenty of noise! It was just a shame that the result did not go our way, but the race is far from over.

'We must now pick ourselves up, stick together as a club and take each game at a time, starting with Barnsley on Friday.'

-----------------------------

This place is mental. When it happened some people here were all over it complaining AVB blamed the players. There were conversations in the AVB thread which mirrored the one between AVB and Ashton i.e some people were saying he said 'we' so that includes the players, others, 'obviously we means everyone'.

Then AVB comes out and clears all of it up in a fairly great fashion by making the guy look a complete *** and people on here are saying he's let the media get to him and shouldn't have done it.

I think it was great from AVB, he stayed calm and I particularly like how he seemed to be looking directly at him while doing it. Fair play.

This place is mental. When it happened some people here were all over it complaining AVB blamed the players. There were conversations in the AVB thread which mirrored the one between AVB and Ashton i.e some people were saying he said 'we' so that includes the players, others, 'obviously we means everyone'.

Then AVB comes out and clears all of it up in a fairly great fashion by making the guy look a complete *** and people on here are saying he's let the media get to him and shouldn't have done it.

I think it was great from AVB, he stayed calm and I particularly like how he seemed to be looking directly at him while doing it. Fair play.

Completely agree, I can't see how anyone, let alone a spurs fan, could not see how AVB was completely in the right and handled it very well, singling out the hack and remaining perfectly calm.

As for Sam, he's a nob but I don't think he did much wrong in this instance, the hull city **** stirring earlier in the year however...

The other thing with AVB's handling of this is that it was a good week to do it. There is a full set of Midwest Premier League fixtures this week, so he can make his point but the story will not hang around.

He's also managed to deflect attention away from Walker and Lloris' individual mistakes on Sunday, reducing pressure on the team.

I was filled with nothing but pride watching AVB dish it out to those two bit pseudo journalists.. It was ****ing fantastic. Too often these days managers pander, I'm glad AVB let fly, it was stirring, decisive and passionate ..

He should use some of that passion in his half time team talks ;)

The other thing with AVB's handling of this is that it was a good week to do it. There is a full set of Midwest Premier League fixtures this week, so he can make his point but the story will not hang around.

He's also managed to deflect attention away from Walker and Lloris' individual mistakes on Sunday, reducing pressure on the team.

Are we still talking about the English Premier League as opposed to the American Premier League?

I think it's just a case of picking your moments when you choose to have a go back at them, in this case he was completely justified to do so. But you don't want to make a habit of it unless of course they deserve it like in this instance.

He has balls, he has courage, he is not afraid, he is not going to be bullied and he has my support. Kudos to Spurs 7891 for recalling some of Fat Sam's glorious moments of media 'maturity' the stupid, fat CNUT!

Back